PDA

View Full Version : Polishing in the tight spots

Pages : [1] 2

imported_roadk
11-14-2001, 10:24 PM
i took the advice from many of the fine detailers on this forum and bought the weather tech floor mats. i couldn`t be happier with the construction and especially the weight of them. i would recommend them to anyone looking for great rubber floor mats.

45.00 for a front pair seemed a bit steep at first, but i`m sure i`ll have these for years to come.

but alas, they didn`t have a coat of 303 on them when they arrived.....

YoSteve
11-14-2001, 10:36 PM
hey I detail my floor matts! ;) (but i use Black Magic Dash stuff of course hehe)

One thing about my interior, I got black auto carpet and carpeted over my carpet and then put the matts on top of that.

If I ever sell my car (which I won`t!!!), I`ll remove that recarpeting and then I can say that it has never really been stepped on because of the recarpeting. I take it out and clean it frequently too.

good show though :bounce

Langley Interior Car Kare
11-15-2001, 01:08 AM
about 2 days later...and all the water just sat there...in nice little neat bubbles....and i just dabbed it up with a terry....awesome....i only got the front ones too....$80 for the set was just too much...when i took them out to clean them after the first wk...thats when i noticed that they weighed about10 lbs each:D ....i guess i was too excited when i first got them to notice it.....had them for a while now and they still lookg brand new...black as the day i got them.....and mine are in a daily driver where i get in/out of the car at least 20 times a day.....1 thing....did u happen to notice that the rear ones are hardly sold seperately...if u dont get them with the front as a pair....theye are very hard to find just by themselves....and yes that means i was looking nito getting them after i saw how nice the fronts were...:)

imported_roadk
11-15-2001, 06:29 AM
yosteve!- sorry to ever doubt you.

floni-

my jetta is a bit small to carry passengers in the back seat comfortably...that`s what my girlfriends explorer is good for.

but you`re right about the back ones. now that you mention it, it looks like i`d have to buy the whole set to get just the back ones.

they are great though and not much more expensive than the `road and track` rubber mats at target ($20 each)

these make perfect sense for the price...

YoSteve
11-15-2001, 10:22 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by roadk [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>my jetta is a bit small to carry passengers in the back seat comfortably...that`s what my girlfriends explorer is good for. [/b]</blockquote>
not a competition roadk :)

but i`ll trade you my floor matts for a girlfriend, an explorer, (and the back seat) :D

Greek Guy
11-15-2001, 02:33 PM
Been using Weather Tech Mats for years and simple love them, especially with the terrible winters we have here in Chicago.

Lemonxxs
11-15-2001, 05:40 PM
Avalanche came with these huge heavy thick rubber mats with a bow tie right in the middle. They look great! Plus easy to clean!

imported_ONEFASTCL600
11-15-2001, 06:27 PM
Guess My Name, how do you like your Avalanche so far? I didnt like them at first look, but they have grown on me considerably. I even went and took a look at one yesterday. I have a Tahoe but have always been more of a truck guy versus an SUV guy..........

Lemonxxs
11-15-2001, 06:31 PM
I traded a 99 tahoe for the Avalanche.

I am completely satisifed and I love everything about it.

Go test drive one. Since it is a suburban frame they ride the same if not better in my opinion.

imported_ONEFASTCL600
11-15-2001, 06:33 PM
Think I will....just for fun if not anything else. Fiance probably will not let me trade in the Tahoe (its a 2000).....nice to hear the good review though.

Lemonxxs
11-15-2001, 06:36 PM
I was gonna buy the Suburban but I drove one and I was hooked.

Plus the low interest made it very attractive. I have the Z66 loaded to the gills!

Ken B
11-16-2001, 12:56 PM
you can get the Werathertech mats for the back seat on line at...http://www.macneil.com/main.asp (`http://www.macneil.com/main.asp`)
they have great service

lphegner
05-06-2010, 12:35 PM
First off I would like to thank everyone on this site for all of the valuble information I have learned. I have been doing painting for years and as everyone knows to truly get a glass finish you need to wet sand and buff. I have also been doing that for many years(or so I thought until I learned about the methods on this site which have given me much better results). This leads me to my question. I have struggled for years trying to remove sand scratches from areas too tight for the buffer. I do have 4" wool pads and I have also purchased the 4" foam pads. I use these both on my rotary as well as my G110V. I try not to get too aggressive with the sand scratches in these areas keeping them in the 2500 to 3000 grit range. Does any have a technique or possibly some product recomendations that have worked well in this type of situation. I think these areas are pretty much hand polish only which can take forever and still not yield the kind of results I am looking for. Any advice is appreciated. lp

imported_RaskyR1
05-06-2010, 02:33 PM
I`m in the middle of a wet sand job myself right now. ;)

I actually picked up some 3" wool pads not to long ago, and LC also makes a wool buffing ball you can attach to a drill that may help as well. I just tried out the Mirka Abralon sanding disk on my current project car and finishing with the 4000 grit disks has reduced the amount of buffing time considerably.

Still, there will always be those areas then need to be done by hand and for those areas Meguiars M105 has worked very well.

What are you using for compound now?

....and welcome to TID! :)

lphegner
05-06-2010, 03:23 PM
I just purchased the M105/M205. This the first project I have used it on and have not yet tried it on these areas by hand. Does it cut realativley quickly by hand?