PDA

View Full Version : Leather From Belt Transferred to Seat

Preachers Sheets
11-14-2001, 10:19 AM
:bounce

I have thanksgiving off, that friday off and of course that sat and sun.

Do you know how much you can detail, doing 8 hours a day for 4 days straight?! Man, this is gonna be fun, I finally have a chance to do inside the door wells, klasse under the hood, detail the engine bay, clean the wheel wells, shampoo the interior, take the rims off, klasse them. Man oh man, your going to be able to eat off the exhaust when I`m done with this Camaro.

BradE
11-14-2001, 10:24 AM
Sounds like fun! :up There is a bonus to this, doing all this work will keep any annonying relatives in for the holidays away from you. ;)

Preachers Sheets
11-14-2001, 11:27 AM
I don`t really want to spend the day at my mothers mothers house with the dog that has an OVERBITE, the rug with more hair than the door, the cement floors and watch kiddy movies while trying to shove down dry as a bone dusty turkey.

I rather remove the 285/40/17 tires and the rims woo hoo!

AD Qi
11-14-2001, 12:55 PM
Sounds like your going to my Mother In Laws for Thanksgiving dinner. Hay want some help doing the Truck. I work for beer :bounce :bounce

Langley Interior Car Kare
11-14-2001, 12:59 PM
BEFORE you eat that chemical loaded bird...i know that sucker makes me open up the ol` zipper and pass out in front of the TV....isnt that a pretty pic....i gotta work in the a.m. til about 1....then fabric guard the interior..

mx5
11-14-2001, 01:01 PM
I will let you do my car for free!But you have to use Blackfire on it.

Preachers Sheets
11-14-2001, 03:13 PM
I am detailing a car, not a truck :-) My room mate does have a TRD Super Charged Tacoma but I am charging alot to do that thing. It looks like one big swirl mark.

I don`t like turkey. My buddy wants me to stop by his house but I don`t want to but in on his family. There Peurto Rican, they eat really good food, steak, chicken, ham, vegtables, rice, all kinds of stuff, one table for food and one for people.

I`ll just have him bring the leftovers to me, I don`t want to be in the middle of his family.

My car needs me more, she always needs me and I always need her, we have a long lasting, loving and meaningful relationship.:bounce

Husker Z
05-03-2010, 02:01 PM
I was cleaning up my R yesterday and I finally decided to try to tackle the area on my driver`s seat where my belt has rubbed and stained the seat. It`s not horrible, but it`s there and it bothers me. The R`s leather is SUPER soft and susceptible to this, but I figured I could get it off, but I`m not sure I can.

I went at it with Meguiars APC 7:1 and holy crap, the dirt that melted off that seat was amazing, first time I`ve tried using APC on the leather, but I saw a thread last week that had great results and I tried it. :clap: It helped a bit with the stain, but not much. After that I followed with Leatherique and let it dwell for a couple of hours and turned the heat on a couple of times, then wiped off with Pristine Clean, but no luck, it didn`t touch it. The rest of the seat is fantastic though, I noticed there is actually a metallic look to it, it kind of sparkles in the sun, which I`ve never seen before, it looks awesome and feels even better!!

I just wish I could get the belt stain off. Any suggestions? Maybe it`s just going to need re-dyed.

Thanks guys.

Old Pirate
05-03-2010, 06:26 PM
Here are some old fashion ways in cleaning some stains from leather seats.

For general cleaning and conditioning, try this :

1 part of white vinegar.
2 parts of neats foot oil or food grade linseed oil.

Use a white lint free cloth or MF towel to swirl it on, leave it overnight then buff off.

For heavy cleaning try this:

It may be impossible to remove all stains from leather (depending on the Belt), However here are some simple cleaning tips that might help out.

1. White Toothpaste put straight on the stain, lightly scrubbed it in and then wiped it off.
2. Try using some non-acetone nail polish remover wipes on some ink stains. (if the belt has put it there from some kind ink)
3. Aerosol hairspray work very well on some tough stains. Spray the hairspray directly on the stain and wipe away. This may take several swipes so keep at it.

Just remember that some stains on leather just will not come off. I also heard and saw that Optimum Power Clean works also very well.

Remember these are some ideas to help out, but always try it somewhere you won`t see it if it won`t remove the belt stain and be careful and not over do it.

Harleyguy
05-03-2010, 07:39 PM
That`s some great old school tips there Angelo.If those stains don`t come out after trying those tips i would leave it alone and try finding someone local that does leather repair they won`t have to redye the seat just do a touch up.I have a guy who does that work for my dealership and does an awesome job.

Husker Z
05-04-2010, 08:11 AM
Wow Angelo, those are some tricks/tips that I wouldn`t have thought of! Thank you very much, I need to see what I can do.

I`ve heard that getting this type of stain off of the R seats is kind of tough, so we`ll see how it goes. I might be seeking professional help.

Old Pirate
05-04-2010, 06:09 PM
I always say to do a very small spot somewhere not seen and see if it will do the job.