PDA

View Full Version : Cloth Seat Help

Pages : [1] 2

BradE
11-13-2001, 03:23 PM
Product: Eagle One Concours Satin Tire Shine 18oz Spray

Test Vehicle: 1997 Ford Explorer, Bridgestone Dueller AT tires.

First off, this product is very hard to find locally. I would say 99% of your local stores will not carry it. But, this product can be ordered from CMA.

On to the review! I first cleaned the tires very will with EF HI and got them nice and clean. I then applied the Concours with a eagle one suv tire swipe. The liquid itself is a milky white spray and has a nice smell to it. I put the Concours on evenly, and I noticed that it does not take very much to do the entire tire. Now, this product went on a little more glossy than I like, but don`t worry it will be solved later. ;) I let the product sit on the tire for about 1 hour, and then used an old cotton towel to buff off the rest. Once buffed the extra gloss was gone, and a very nice looking finish was left. It is not a very matte finish like 303, but it is not glossy either. It has a slight sheen to it, but it in no way looks oily or greasy. It is dry to the touch so the product does not sling up onto the fenders. I would say you take the look of 303 and just give it a little sheen in the right light and that is how this product looks. It makes the tires blacker and look cleaner. It looks very much like a new tire. I could see Concours people using this product.

Now on to durability. I have had this product on my tires for almost 2 weeks, and it still looks good. The weather has been pretty good though with no rain, but the product has lasted well through 2 washings. Its water based so no browning :up :up I thought after my second wash that I would need to reapply the product, but that is not the case. I simply took a soft bristle brush and clean the tire very lightly with my normal car wash and they looked just as good as the day I applied the dressing.

Overall I am very impressed with this product. I think it compares very well to Zaino Z16 in terms of looks. At under $7 for 18oz it is a great product, and if you can find it locally it may be under that price. I found it at a local classic car shop for under $6 a bottle. I am now a fan of the Eagle One Coucours and it will be a part of my private product stash for a long time to come. :up

In conclusion, don`t let the price of this product fool you. Give the Eagle One Coucours Tire Shine a try, I think you will be glad you did.

Lemonxxs
11-13-2001, 03:27 PM
Bravo Bravo

Author Author

A lesson in how reviews should be written. Seriously that is the best review of a prodcut done on here!

Thank you!

imported_BretFraz
11-13-2001, 08:28 PM
And well written. Nice job. :up

I love E1 Concours and have used it for many years. E1 seems to be pushing the "Wet" series of products to their accounts so Satin Finish is harder to come by. Although they are just responding to consumer demand for that "ghetto shine" I think a very good product is being overlooked.

As I wrote over in the Detailing section, you tend to use less product after a few apps of Concours, which is a nice benefit to the pocketbook.

Anyway, that my two little pennies found in the street. Enjoy a great product.

Don2000g
11-25-2001, 12:24 PM
Excellent review Showroom. Keep up the good work buddy. Laters

Langley Interior Car Kare
12-02-2001, 01:22 PM
:up .i used to see it in my local auto place ..Strauss`...but now its gone....i wanted to try it....but ill tell ya...i cant find it anywhere...autozone..target...pep boys...nothing dood......plenty of the other eagle stuff though:(.....i see it on CMA but id hate to pay almost as much for shipping as the product...ill wait til i put a big order in again.........thx

BradE
12-02-2001, 02:18 PM
FLONI,

I know what you mean about finding this stuff, it`s a major PITA to find. Look in the phone book for classic car or hot rod shops, and call them and ask if they carry it. I found it at a local classic car shop for under $6 a bottle. :up

vettefan67
12-02-2001, 02:24 PM
Hey Showroom, great review! Only one question though, how much did you use? I`m wondering how long to expect a bottle of this stuff to last for.

BradE
12-02-2001, 02:48 PM
puterbum,

I did not use much at all. About 2 or 3 sprays on a tire swipe was enough to do a whole tire. It`s an 18oz bottle, so you should get at least 20-25 applications minimum. If you apply everything super thin like me, I would expect around 30-35 applications.

imported_Indy YZF
05-02-2010, 10:28 AM
So I usually use my LGM and some APC to clean seats. My problem is sometimes it leaves a mark where the edges dried. It is where the water was heavier, then lighter there is a mark when it dries. I don`t have a pic, but I`m looking for a technique to clean them evenly, so when they dry it looks normal. Maybe the seats were really dirty and I just didn`t get it all, not sure. Let me know.

imported_Luster
05-02-2010, 09:00 PM
My favorite cleaner for cloth upholstery (and carpet) is Woolite Heavy Traffic Carpet & Upholstery Foam. It comes in a light blue aerosol can and has incredible cleaning power. Apply foam, let soak for 2-5 minutes, Scrub with a stiff carpet brush, rinse by spraying liberally with a water spray bottle, wipe dry by "scrubbing" with a light colored (preferably white) clean towel until damp. Dry with a floor fan.

It dries very evenly.

imported_Roadrunner
05-03-2010, 08:16 AM
I`ll have to try the Woolite Bill, good tip... thanks.

Indy: After using the brush to loosen up the dirt, try using a just slightly damp, thick, towel to go over the seats to pick up the dirt you loosened with the brush. Follow that with a dry towel to get the residual product and any extra dampness out of the fabric.

I`ve had good luck with APC and probably the best luck, as of late, with 303 Spot Remover, Carpet and Upolstery cleaner.
The method for using the 303 is about the same as Bill`s method for using the Woolite. 303 makes excellent products, very user friendly and they do a great job.

imported_Indy YZF
05-04-2010, 06:51 AM
Thanks guys, maybe I`ll just use the damp cloth from now on as the LGM is saturating the seat too much.

I`ve tried the woolite, is it the stuff meant for the `rug stick`? That is what I bought and it`s a pain to spray evenly, need a little more use on that (I did use it on the floor mats and it worked great).

imported_Luster
05-04-2010, 09:21 PM
I`ve tried the woolite, is it the stuff meant for the `rug stick`?

No, it is an aerosol can. Looks like this:

http://www.viewpoints.com/images/review/2010/37/13/1265483497-5999_full.jpg

imported_Indy YZF
05-04-2010, 10:07 PM
Yep that`s the stuff. It just takes some getting used to to control the spray (new can says you can use with the Rug Stick), but I did like it on the floor mats. I`ll try on our car this weekend and see how it works (they have the same type of seats that don`t dry evenly)

junior1786
05-07-2010, 12:16 PM
This is my first post on this forum, so i`m sorry if it looks like some marketing promo.

I don`t like the foam products because they usually don`t penetrate deep enough into the fabric and they remove only the top of the dirt, if you look close enough, you`ll see that it`s still dirty.

I use Autoglym`s interior shampoo, it comes in a kind of hand pump spray botle (i don`t know how it called in english), you spray it on the upholstery, scrub it with a stiff carpet brush, wipe it few times with a damp towel and let it dry.

I didn`t had any discoloration problem with this product, but you will have to use something more serious for the more stubborn stains.

Hope it helped you,
Dima.