PDA

View Full Version : extreme black good for white

imported_nihoole
11-13-2001, 01:13 PM
Hey all,

I have noticed lately when I treat my tires with Z 16 or 303 that there are a few places that do not seem to cover well.It will cover but it appears to have a pattern of some kind on the rubber.I have cleaned the tires thinking something was on them but did`nt help.Maybe I need something stronger to clean them.Any ideas:confused:

imported_BretFraz
11-13-2001, 03:29 PM
Something like checkerboard or polka dots? ;)

I think you are describing a blotchy look, like the product wasn`t applied evenly. Am I correct?

If this is true, it may have be caused by "blooming" of the tire. The tires have a wax in them that escapes the pores of the sidewalls to protect them from UV damage. Sometimes a protectant will clash with the blooming process and produce a streaky, blotchy look.

I noticed this when I used Black Again on my tires. There also seems to be an effect when silicone-based products are used on tires. After a few treatments of BA, the appearance of the sidewalls evened out.

Anyway, that`s my two pennies. Hope it helps.

Lemonxxs
11-13-2001, 03:37 PM
Post a pic!

Don2000g
11-13-2001, 05:30 PM
This could be some residue from some silicone from previous dressings that you`v used on your tire. You may want to try something a bit stronger such as Eiman Fabrik Hi Intensity and scrub them very well. At least that`s what I`m thinking right now. A pic would help clarify things a bit though. Laters.

imported_glfahlc
05-01-2010, 04:41 PM
i have been using extreme black dressing on my truck tires with white letters and trying to avoid going over the letters. well today i went over the letters and they got whiter. i immediately went back to the other tires as this stuff actually cleans white lettering too. i know lettering kinda played out but these are the tires that came on the truck so until i get new ones i`ll have white lettering and a new way to clean them...

Old Pirate
05-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Might to try it myself.