PDA

View Full Version : clear coat damage

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

mx5
11-13-2001, 08:52 AM
Since Blackfire claims to sheet and not bead, I thought I would bring this up again.

I have searched in the forum but never found a real answer to the question if sheeting is as good as beading in showing signs of protection left on the paint. Usually when your car stops beading it is time for more wax or sealant protection. But in the case of sheeting it always seems the protection is gone. Is sheeting good? People with Klasse who say their car sheets, say they don`t like it and want it to bead.

DETAILKING
11-13-2001, 08:59 AM
But I prefer beading. With sheeting, you are correct, it is hard to tell when the protection is gone. As we all know we can get shine and slickness without protection...........

YoSteve
11-13-2001, 09:27 AM
my car beads like sheet! :D

it sorta sheets (in nozzleless waterflow) and then what`s left behind forms little beads

i don`t know what to call it maybe call it sheading? or beeting?

edgewise
11-13-2001, 09:46 AM
Speaking of sheeting, best way to dry a car off fast is with a straight stream of water from the hose, hold it over the surface after washing, the water sheets off, now the surface is 95% water free. I use the CWB to remove the water on the windows, and pat dry the 5% of water left over.

No more spray nozzle for me, just creates more work! ;)

(I know, most of you already knew this!)

imported_nihoole
11-13-2001, 09:52 AM
The one point that I always think about is the fact that Dura Shine products claim.The sheeting action should result in less water spotting after rain or wash because the water does not sit on the paint.The time to wax thing is not really an issue for most of us here being we wax and or seal our paint to often for the protection to be lost.

This is a great question and we may never know whats best but I also prefer beading.I think most of us wher raised that a clean waxed car should bead:)

Lemonxxs
11-13-2001, 10:39 AM
Heck I dont want my truck to ever get wet unless I am washing it.

But I would like sheeting on the windows so they are less likely to get etched and sheeting beads on the paint.

I want my beads to sheet off the paint so it dries instantly. and them beads better take their dirt with them too.

JonB
11-13-2001, 10:50 AM
Beading is ever so cool, especially on a just waxed car! But those beads dry and leave spots behind. There is no doubt about that! If a product that we know lasts at least 4 to 6 months, sheets, thus reducing or eliminating those spots, thats a good thing. So long as it leaves behing the nice shiny surface....

H

imported_nihoole
11-13-2001, 10:56 AM
I know that your truck has alot of plastic on it,what do you use to protect this and how often do you treat it?My wife`s Xterra also has alot and have not prefected the cleaning and protecting this yet.The 303 seems to smear a little putting it on with Eagle one tire swipe and I always feel like I am wasting product.Take care and thanks.

YoSteve
11-13-2001, 11:02 AM
Todd (and Guess) as I`ve mentioned a few times in the past, use Klasse. If we did a 303 vs Klasse test on exterior plastic, I`m sure we`d know the outcome of that test.

imported_nihoole
11-13-2001, 11:10 AM
The plastic is kinda rough in texture and just does not seem the klasse would cover well.I am not doubting you just wandering about this.I also am a Zaino user and have no Klasse in my supplies maybe I should order on of your sample kits and give it a try.This is my main concern about her Xterra keeping the plastic from fading.Thanks

YoSteve
11-13-2001, 11:19 AM
The plastic on my passat (lower parts) are rougher than a 3x5 floppy disk, it`s almost grainy, like tread. I still use Klasse on that and it works well (it does take a little more product due to the increased surface area of the roughness :) )

I`m sorry about the Zaino, nobody`s perfect ;) haha just kidding of course :D Maybe you can Zaino it; it should work.

DETAILKING
11-13-2001, 11:31 AM
Did you try Zaino Z16? It lasts weeks on rubber and plastic trim....very durable, and I believe has UV protection........

imported_nihoole
11-13-2001, 11:34 AM
Do you apply and remove like normal on the plastic?and do you use AOI and SG or just SG?What do you remove it with (Cotton towel,MF ETC)?Have you ever heard of someone using Zaino like this?I have hit the plastic (Black) under the Windsheild by the wipers with Zaino and it seemed kinda hard to get off.Maybe I will try this on the under side of a panel and see how it works.How long have you been using Klasse and have you ever tried Zaino;)

imported_nihoole
11-13-2001, 11:39 AM
Yes! I ahve used the Z 16 on the plastic and it does well but the amount of plastic on this car would break me in a short time.:D

I try to use the Z 16 on just the tires it works great and you can kinda ajust the amount of shine.Just looking for someway to protect it a little longer.:)

mx5
11-13-2001, 11:40 AM
The Klasse on my plastic side view mirror is annoying. It shines too much and puts a glare in the corner of my eye sometimes.. I am thinking about removing it and using 303.