PDA

View Full Version : Paint thickness gauge

Doughboy
11-12-2001, 12:27 PM
I just got my package from CMA. Unfortunately, I didn`t have it Friday like I wanted. Oh well.

Here is my plan:

- Wash

-Mother`s Clay Bar (which I bought after I used Meguiar`s and hated it)

...........is it okay to use the Mother`s QD - or should I use Meguiar`s or make the soap/ water spray someone mentioned in an earlier post? Also, do you guys wash the car again after using or do you go right to AIO?

-Klasse AIO (1 coat)

.........apply w/ foam app., correct? Remove w/ MF or Charisma?

-Klasse SG (will use a coat a day for a couple coats)

.........use w/ either a QD w/out carnuba - or distilled water, apply w/ foam app., and remove w/ charisma?

-Blitz (maybe after I do all the coats I want)

This is my first time with Klasse, so wish me luck. I`ll make sure I let everyone know what happened!

Hey - the Thanksgiving holiday is coming up - plenty of time off to park the car and detail............:cool:

imported_Intermezzo
11-12-2001, 02:08 PM
Sounds like a great plan.

Either QD will be fine since you`re going to be removing whatever carnauba is left over with your AIO should you decide to use the Mother`s QD.

It`s safter to wash your car after claying.

MF or Charisma`s for removing AIO & SG will be fine. A lot of people here prefer using MF`s...but some people report that removing SG with a cotton towel is easier. Remove SG with slightly damp towel. Doesn`t matter if you dampen it with water or carnauba/silicone-less QD....so why not use water.

I personally prefer using foam for ALL hand applications...including AIO, however, some people like using terry or MF apps when they really want to work AIO into the paint to get some cleaning action.

Best of luck this weekend, and have fun!

Ekarat
04-28-2010, 02:31 AM
Hi,

I would like to purchase new paint thickness gauge to use in my detailing business and I am looking for portable model. I found some model can identify clear coat thickness seperated from base coat, how accurate it is? Please advice any model that you guys experienced the best value to money?

Thanks you in advance for your suggestion.

Ekarat H.
S.Auto Detailing
Bangkok, Thailand

Legacy99
04-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Get ready to shell out some bucks.

Old Pirate
04-28-2010, 06:41 PM
Ask gmblack3, he has some great meters he uses.