PDA

View Full Version : After two polishing steps...

Pages : 1 [2]

TheKingOfDETAIL
11-12-2001, 05:16 PM
I prefer VINYLEX for exterior trim and tires since I find it lasts longer and gives a good shine. 303 is perfect for the interior as it is low-gloss and gives the dash a clean, non-greasy look.

kgustafson4@msn.com
11-12-2001, 05:52 PM
Don`t know whether it matters to you, but 303 seems less slippery than either Vinylex or Meguair`s #40.

L J

svtcobra
04-26-2010, 06:34 PM
I just finished polishing my car with Menzerna Power finish with an orange pad and then I followed up with BlackFire Enhancing gloss with a black pad. I plan on leaving the car in the garage under a car cover till Thursday or Friday this week and then applying BFWD. The car looks fine except for little bits of polishing dust from the PC which I can get rid of with the cali car duster

Is this ok or should I wash the car first before applying BFWD with the PC? thx

bmw5541
04-26-2010, 06:45 PM
I just finished polishing my car with Menzerna Power finish with an orange pad and then I followed up with BlackFire Enhancing gloss with a black pad. I plan on leaving the car in the garage under a car cover till Thursday or Friday this week and then applying BFWD. The car looks fine except for little bits of polishing dust from the PC which I can get rid of with the cali car duster

Is this ok or should I wash the car first before applying BFWD with the PC? thx

If there was any polishing dust still on the car when you covered it, you might have caused more swirls by putting on and taking off the cover. When you are ready to seal the car, give it a good wash and inspect for swirls. If there are none, proceed to the BFWD.

Make sure to post some pics.

Good luck.

svtcobra
04-26-2010, 08:50 PM
If there was any polishing dust still on the car when you covered it, you might have caused more swirls by putting on and taking off the cover. When you are ready to seal the car, give it a good wash and inspect for swirls. If there are none, proceed to the BFWD.

Make sure to post some pics.

Good luck.

In the words of Homer Simpson D`oh!!!!! I did notice some very very faint swirls after inspecting the car today! I was wondering were those came from.

Would you recommend I back to polishing with the Menzerna Power Finish with orange LC or go with another round of the Blackfire gloss and the black LC?

Definitely will have some pics posted after it`s all done

bmw5541
04-26-2010, 08:57 PM
In the words of Homer Simpson D`oh!!!!! I did notice some very very faint swirls after inspecting the car today! I was wondering were those came from.

Would you recommend I back to polishing with the Menzerna Power Finish with orange LC or go with another round of the Blackfire gloss and the black LC?

Definitely will have some pics posted after it`s all done

I am not sure if the Blackfire GEP has enough cut to remove the swirls. I would go back to the Power Finish. However, you might be able to use a less agressive pad to achieve the look you want. Try a white pad, and see how it comes out. JUst remember to always wash or do an IPA wipedown after polishing to remove the dust.

I`m looking forward to seeing the pics!:thumbup:

svtcobra
04-26-2010, 10:12 PM
Thanks Barry. great advice. I am super pissed that I put the car cover over my precious work! oh well lesson learned and off for another round of polishing. Wash first...just a quick spray to make sure all the dust is gone is fine right? no soap really needed??

I`ll try the Menzerna with a white pad and see how it goes.

imported_Dubbin1
04-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Thanks Barry. great advice. I am super pissed that I put the car cover over my precious work! oh well lesson learned and off for another round of polishing. Wash first...just a quick spray to make sure all the dust is gone is fine right? no soap really needed??

Remember that the dust is now in the cover and may cause problems again.

bmw5541
04-29-2010, 04:32 PM

Just to be safe, I would give it a full wash.

Remember that the dust is now in the cover and may cause problems again.

Very good point.

svtcobra
05-06-2010, 10:36 PM
Here are some pics of the 03 Cobra!!

bmw5541
05-07-2010, 08:10 AM
Try uploading your pics to Photobucket and add them to your post from there. The pics only show as small thumbnails.