PDA

View Full Version : Ford paint question

Pages : [1] 2

riverafjr
11-10-2001, 08:03 PM
hello everyone im a newbie and just got a new car not to long ago and was wonderind about what you guys think about the stuff im going to use

car wash soap p21s going to use on wheels too

wax p21s

windows water and buff technique

dash and tires cant decide 303 or vinylex

wash mit deluxe DC brand

drying towel p21s absorber

was thinking about using zeino but want to go with the natural stuff what do u guys think

Langley Interior Car Kare
11-10-2001, 08:32 PM
lots of people like the P21 stuff...for washing....if your gonna go the Zaino way(i use it and love it) then it comes with its own car wash...otherwise i know the P2 gets it very clean.....why not use the Vinylex to clean and then follow up with the 303 to protect...never used P2 wax so cant help you there....P2 drying towel..i didnt care too much for the P2 dryer i had...it was too small...what about a Waterbandit or an Absorber....similar to the P but bigger(and just better in my opinion)...im not sure what that deluxe wash mitt thingy is exactly(brand name?).....the natural/synthetic thing is a personal choice...use the search button on top there....and soak up all that knowledge baby...from all these guys/gals on here...they are the best!!!

then disregard everything i said and go with what you think...:up

Don2000g
11-11-2001, 04:21 AM
Vinylex and 303 are both protectants and both claim to "clean" vinyl and rubber. There`s no sense in applying one product over another. If you want something that is more shiny then get the Vinylex. If you want something that is more matte and not as shiny then the 303 is the way to go.

P21 wheel cleaner is good stuff. However, I`d probably just buy a gallon of Eiman Fabrik Hi Intensity. This can be used on rims, tires, upholstery, etc... It`s a very good versatile product. If you meant you wanted to apply the P21 carnauba wax on your rims, then that may not be a wise idea. It would be better to use a more durable product such as a synthetic. Klasse and Zaino, Nu-Finish, Finish First, Meguiar`s #20 would all work well for this.

For paint, its hard not to like Zaino or Klasse. If you choose Klasse, then you can always apply coats of your favorite carnauba wax on top. You can`t do this with Zaino. Laters.

Andre'
11-11-2001, 04:55 AM
I agree , no sense to use 303 and Vinylex. Eiman Fabrik HI intensity is a good buy.

In my opinion natural protectants just don`t hold up very long , they do look nice , but not for long. Go with Klasse or Zaino you`ll love them. BTW the waterbandit is the best synthetic drying towel i have ever used. Laters.

Don2000g
11-11-2001, 11:09 AM
Andre brings up a good point. The Water Bandit is an excellent drying towel. My favorite so far. Laters.

11-11-2001, 01:12 PM
let me ask you....i always was under the assumption that 303 was more of a protectant than a cleaner....so i always washed down my dash..trim...etc...with a damp(water) Mf and then put a coat of 303 on there....i never liked Vinylex to much(too glossy for me)....so not that i would skip the wipe down...but is 303 a sufficient cleaner in your opinions....i wrote an email to 303 to ask this...i cant find anywhere on the bottle where it says anything about cleaning....all the info on the back of the bottle promotes protection and repelling dirt..etc....just curious as what you guys think.....thx:confused:

riverafjr
11-11-2001, 04:30 PM
after doing a little research and talking to an old car washing enthusiast friend here is my new list what do u guys think

car wash soap???? both to wash my car and wash the wheels too

wax zaino z3

windows wet and dry buff technique works great

vinyl and tires 303 dont like the ghetto shine

wash mit detailers choice deluxe car mit seems like viking 100% cotton chen. mit is a tad on the rough side but never used it

to dry the water sprite cause hate how the absorber glues itself onto the car surface

appreciate feedback thanks again

Don2000g
11-11-2001, 07:59 PM
FLONI, neither product is a great "cleaner". I have seen both products advertised as such though. Most people here just use a soap and water mixture to remove spillage, light stains, etc... At any rate, there`s still no real benefit to using two different products on vinyl or plastic. Laters.

dengelson
11-11-2001, 09:59 PM
Hey Hefty welcome to the group!

The only product that I`ve used on your list is the 303 that I just got last week. I really like this product for the interior dash and plastic. It isn`t as greasy/shiny as other products I`ve used and it doesn`t seem to attract dust as rapidly either.

For car wash it is a lot cheaper by the gallon. I bought a gallon of 3M Car Wash Shampoo (`http://www21.3m.com/dr/v2/ec_MAIN.Entry10?xid=28181&SP=10023&PN=1&V1=267719&DSP=&CUR=840&PGRP=0&CACHE_ID=0`) and I like the way it builds foam and stays foamy in the bucket. It also leaves the car with a nice streak free shine after washing.

11-11-2001, 10:26 PM
:up................ps..heres the mail i got back from 303 when iasked them about the cleaning properties of it v.s. Vinylex(funny how they wont mention the other product name in their response)...seems Don/Andre were right...i hate it when that happens..:D

303 A. Protectant does have cleaning properties, though of course it is
primarily used for it`s cosmetic and protective qualities. If dust, spilled
pepsi, hamburger juice, 303 alone will remove that...making it a one step
application...spray on, wipe completely dry.

Compared to the cleaning properties of the brand you mentioned...we have no
information on that. If 303 A. Protectant is used on a routine basis and
applied properly (spray on/wipe dry). It leaves the treated surface so
repellent to stains and soiling, a pre-cleaner and precleaning are never
required.

303 Products, Inc. does make a new cleaner for both vinyl and fabrics,
included in the co`s new Convertible Top Kits. It`s both very effective and
very safe....if you`d like a free sample for evaluation, email back your
postal address. RKD

Regards,

R. K. Dyer

303 PRODUCTS, INC.
roger@303-products.com (``)

Don2000g
11-12-2001, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the info FLONI. I`m sure we helped a few people out with this thread. Laters.

vaboom123
04-25-2010, 06:39 PM
Hey everyone,

I just had a quick question. I just picked up a `04 ford focus svt (sonic blue) and she needs some exterior tlc. What`s the clear like with these cars? I`m used to soft honda clear. I`m looking for any ideas or ways to achieve a nice finish with Ford paint.

Old Pirate
04-25-2010, 06:56 PM
Hard to say, I had run into a medium to hard finish on most Fords I had done.

vaboom123
04-25-2010, 07:05 PM
I tried a test spot with my old style PC and m105, but didn`t really take many defects out. Looks like I`ll have to bust out the makita and see what happens.

Old Pirate
04-25-2010, 07:10 PM
I tried a test spot with my old style PC and m105, but didn`t really take many defects out. Looks like I`ll have to bust out the makita and see what happens.

Was it the KBM Method?