PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Car Wax

Pages : [1] 2

Bluedog
11-09-2001, 06:35 PM
ok, some of u might know from teh few posts around here that ive been preping my car for a long time now and finally this weekend i can start on it with a new product (i used to use Meguiars.) i started all over with dawn wash, took out scratches with wet sanding as taught by david b, clay bared, 3m SMR the whole car, PPCL the whole car, and now im all set to try out my new zaino.

yes, i was just about to use zaino for my very first time when i was hit by the fact that the long awaited blackfire is now available...

what should i do??? should i use blackfire now instead of zaino? or just keep with my old plan to use zaino? i think i need some experiences with the few guys who got the blackfire samples about this too. money wont be an issue, i sacrifice all things for my car:D keep in mind that once i start using one i wont switch and reprep the surface and use a new product for a VERY long time, especially for synthetic waxes.

using blackfire might be a bit risky since very little people have used it and know the best way of applying, using, and and other little stuff like whats the best pad to use, should i dawn?, how much curing time to give best results and not just go by suggested time on bottle, how many coats, any toppers, and all the other little things that can make a product perform at its peak. while zaino has been trusted by many and used for a long time and people have figured out little tricks on using it already.

help! i cant decide what i should do!!!!

DETAILKING
11-09-2001, 06:56 PM
I doubt the product is BAD...the worst that might happen is that it is hard to use so you struggle through it or are not happy with it so you leave it on the car till it wears off and in a few months try something else. You would probably detail every few months anyway. If you have the zaino now, I would just use that, you will be happy with the results. If you didn`t buy it yet, then I don`t see any reason why you wouldn`t want to try either one.

I guess the worst thing is if you shell out the cash for the products and don`t like it, but I am sure someone would buy them off of you.

YoSteve
11-09-2001, 06:57 PM
The only way I would see blackfire as being risky is if the shine is off or maybe the protection, but it wouldn`t do any harm to your car.

You really would skip Zaino after you recently bought it? At best if you are going to use BF then return the Z so you don`t waste it.

Or you could be a Z vs BF guinea pig for us ;)

Bluedog
11-09-2001, 07:08 PM
well i didnt mean to sound like BF will be "bad" for the car... just that its still a new product so there r still its doubts i guess.

yes i already have zaino delivered to me about 2 weeks ago. i dont mind having zaino in the closet among my collection of car care products. especially since i use my other stuff on other cars sometimes...

hmm maybe i should try a test with BF and zaino. the thing is my car is metalic so minor but important differneces might not be as noticeable. i can just try it on my spoiler... but still i need to decide which one to use on the rest of the entire car. :(

JonB
11-09-2001, 07:18 PM
I`m wondering if Blackfire will have to be stripped like Klasse and how to strip it if it needs to. I would also like to know about residues on trim and maybe if it can be used on windshields or other glass. I am thinking that there are too many plusses over Klasse and Zaino...

1. Faster to apply ie fast curing

2. Different method in hiding swirls

3. water sheeting to prevent water spots

4. better depth and shine so no need to top with wax

5. complete system like Zaino

6. Impervious to everything but Kryptonite.....

H

DETAILKING
11-09-2001, 08:53 PM
Anyhow, if you already have zaino, i would use that. Its a new product for you so if you are itchin to try a new product it would suffice....I know you will be happy with the results. What color car are you going to do?

ALM
11-09-2001, 09:09 PM
Id use the Zaino, no sense in wasting all the money on a product you just bought. I highly doubt that its going to be so much better than Klasse and Zaino they will be inferior. Id use the Zaino for a few months and wait till the technique for using BF is perfected, and then make the switch to BF if you still decide thats what you want to do....just my 2 cents....

Bluedog
11-09-2001, 09:18 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by DETAILKING [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Anyhow, if you already have zaino, i would use that. Its a new product for you so if you are itchin to try a new product it would suffice....I know you will be happy with the results. What color car are you going to do? [/b]</blockquote>
well, my car is crystal blue metalic, the same one in my sig. look more on teh right side of the pic for its real color, the left side i added a blue hue to it. the color is kinda like a mix of silver and blue.

anyways, i think i will stick to zaino for now like most of u guys suggested. i just hate the waiting time... need that ZFX. blackfire has practically no waiting/curing time at all so thats very attractive...

Glozz
11-10-2001, 12:35 AM
If you have the Zaino, give it a try, sounds like the surface of the paint is in need of a nice drink of some protection.

One train of thought is that you can wait and read about feedback in regards to Blackfire while still having your car protected by Zaino.

Sounds like you`ve really put in some hard work to the car, it`s going to look spiffy!!!!

imported_Wes
11-10-2001, 01:11 AM
Ngluder:

Start the Z treatment. It is proven and I am pretty sure by now you know how to use it the right way after all the expert opinion you have gathered here. That`s the advantage you have over BF.

Why take the risk of delaying your car`s protection......Judging by the amount of questions you have asked about Zaino I can`t imagine you would buy and apply BF without gathering the perfect technique to use first, which could takes months to come to conclusion here.

My 2 cents.

Don2000g
11-11-2001, 03:43 AM
This is a no brainer. Just use the product that you currently have. Use the Zaino. Give it a few months. In a few months there should me numerous reviews and opinions on BlackFire. Wait until then before buying it. Laters.

jkochis
11-11-2001, 04:45 PM
Lemme know if you want to unload the Zaino, I`m interested in trying it.

Saint*/Soilder*
11-11-2001, 08:06 PM
I`m interested in trying some ZAINO too...anyone looking to sell some of theirs?

YoSteve
11-11-2001, 09:14 PM
lol, oh no not another "king" on this board, haha j/k

welcome to the board "CK" :D BTW, what does Carnau Baking mean :)

offcenter
11-11-2001, 09:44 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by YoSteve.Com [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>lol, oh no not another "king" on this board, haha j/k

welcome to the board "CK" :D BTW, what does Carnau Baking mean :) [/b]</blockquote>
Nice one Steve, 2 points:D