PDA

View Full Version : my makita on the fritz

Pages : [1] 2 3

imported_RANDAL
11-08-2001, 05:37 PM
I`m first time on this board and I have question regarding KSG. I just finished the 3 coat of KSG on white BMW 330i and it seems little yellowish than before. KSG made car very slick and shiny though. The car is almost new and paint surface was very clean so I skip the AIO and applied KSG 3 times in 4 days. I never notice the slight color change on my other car, when apply AIO or KSG, which is red. Overall I`m very happy with the KSG on white color but it`s not perfect and feels like it better suited to red. If I apply coat of Blitz on KSG that little yellowish effect will dimish? I`m going to add more KSG later, do you think it`s better to leave KSG alone? I never add Blitz on KSG what you guys think?

Brad B
11-08-2001, 05:58 PM
The tint you see is from the optics and color of the KSG itself. Adding Blitz or any carnuba will increase that yellowish tint. Most people can`t see it...you are very discriminating.

If you want a factory white appearance then use Zaino, a product which claims to be near perfect optically. It has no perceptible tint.

Lemonxxs
11-08-2001, 06:14 PM
Oh crap I was planning on using Klasse on the GF white blazer!

She will have a cow if it is slightly yellowish!

imported_RANDAL
11-08-2001, 06:14 PM
Thanks Brad.. Ok I was little too picky. Overall I`m satisfied with the result. Do you think the Blitz will enhance the appearance of the car? And is that ok to put more KSG coat on Blitzed surface?

DETAILKING
11-08-2001, 06:35 PM
It takes a really trained eye. None the less, it is a tint from the product that you are seeing. Once you blitz you can`t SG again till you dawn wash because SG will not bond to the carnuba...

YoSteve
11-08-2001, 08:14 PM
I guess I can understand how a few coats of SG can "darken" the paint, or maybe deepen it up (while giving it a great shine).

But about yellowing? It`s not even yellow to begin with, soooo I`m going to leave some SG out to dry and will report back. I guess its possible but I want to find out for sure. Hope this works.

imported_ONEFASTCL600
11-08-2001, 08:16 PM
Guess My Name, I use Klasse on my white Tahoe and personally, I do not find that it leaves a yellow tint and I assume the paint between the two models is similar. I think I am fairly picky too. Anyway, just one mans opinion.

rstype
11-08-2001, 09:39 PM
I`m very surprised.

I now have multiple layers of Klasse on my white car and have not found any yellowing. It might be because Alpine White has a slight pearl tint to it, and isn`t as white as some other whites.

It might also be that after detailing, you have become more observant, and noticed your cars color better.

Whatever it is, good luck. You might also want to try an 50/50 alcohal and water wash on one side of the panel and see if you notice any differences on each side.

Jngrbrdman
11-08-2001, 10:54 PM
My Acura is Tafetta white so that is a little yellowish anyway compared to like a Frost white or something but I didn`t really notice the yellow on my car. All I know is that it definatly got whiter when I applied my Pinnacle Paste Glaz on it. Now it seems even whiter than other cars that I know are originaly a purer white than my car. A good layer of carnuba over the SG is a good idea. I have about a dozen coats of SG on my car and about half that in Carnuba. I get bored on Saturdays and I don`t have anything else to do but wax my car. :)

rstype
11-08-2001, 11:39 PM
Could it be that PPG claims to have “natural oils†and “Ivory Carnauba†instead of the yellow stuff? Whatever is in it, it sure works well! I’ll try it on a white car this weekend.

DETAILKING
11-09-2001, 09:36 AM
BW, there really is no such thing as "ivory carnuba." What they do is bleach the carnuba so it turns white instead of yellow. So take a white candle and shave off a very thin piece........Can you see through it? Is it clear? Again, this is not a bad thing, just explaining why a carnuba tints color.......

imported_RANDAL
11-09-2001, 11:00 AM
If Paste Glaze is that good on white I better order one. After 3 coats of KSG the car looks definately different. The KSG changes the surface texture and reflection and maybe that`s why I feel the car becomes little yellowish. Maybe it`s illusion but I still feel the car is slightly yellowish that before. However, it looks really awesome with KSG. I better try PPG later.

hot rod
11-09-2001, 03:14 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

The car is almost new and paint surface was very clean so I skip the AIO and applied KSG 3 times in 4 days.</blockquote>

Could this have anything to do with it??

rstype
11-09-2001, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the information. I wonder what happened of they bleached it another color. It would be "diamond carnauba <em class=`bbc`>(oooh, that sounds expensive :D )[/i]" instead!

<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by DETAILKING [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>BW, there really is no such thing as "ivory carnuba." What they do is bleach the carnuba so it turns white instead of yellow. So take a white candle and shave off a very thin piece........Can you see through it? Is it clear? Again, this is not a bad thing, just explaining why a carnuba tints color....... [/b]</blockquote>

Don2000g
11-11-2001, 03:31 AM
I really wouldn`t worry about Klasse turning a white colored car into a more yellowish color. It would probably take numerous applications for you to begin noticing a slight difference. What is more noticeable though is the fact that Klasse darkens the color oh so slightly after 4 or 5 coats.