PDA

View Full Version : Chat Room Now On TID

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Dude
11-06-2001, 12:54 AM
Last weekend I backed into a metal pole. My bumper absorbed the impact- fortunately my car was unharmed. What`s more, the black molded plastic portion of the bumper which actually struck the pole has popped back into place.

In other words, my bumper flexed inward to absorb the imapct when it struck the pole, and popped back out into its original shape once the accident was over. I was lucky!

The black molded plastic now has two discolored areas- one where the pole made contact, and another farther up the bumper at a joint. I believe that the discoloration is the result of the plastic flexing. The plastic trim is black; the discolored areas are dark blue.

Washing and QDing did not restore the color. I`m sure that Back to Black or 303 would help cover the discoloration, but these are only quick fixes and will wear off eventually. I am looking for a more permanent solution.

What should I try? Forever Black? Something else? Has anyone repaired this sort of discoloration?

ISLANDSBEST
11-06-2001, 01:07 AM
Don`t mean to promote worry, but just because the bumper popped back out does necessarily not mean all is OK internally. Some cars have impact absorbing materials within or behind the bumper, which are intended to be crushed in an accident, taking the blow.

It is important that you make sure that no energy absorbing systems have been damaged . . . you want them fully functional to take any subsequent blow.

Lemonxxs
11-06-2001, 10:21 AM
I believe all USA cars sold have to pass a 5mph crash test without damage. You may want to have your rear end checked.

mx5
11-06-2001, 12:01 PM
That five an hour law is poop. Someone I know hit a car doing less than that, and the plastic(nylon) screws the bumper was connected to were busted in half. Luckily they were easily replaced from a hardware store.

rstype
11-06-2001, 08:30 PM
I believe all USA cars have to have no damage a 2.5 mph, not 5 mph. Go to www.iihs.org and check out their bumper ratings.

Jack Kruer
04-13-2010, 03:01 PM
In an effort to make our ?Chat Room? more accessible to our community, we will be migrating the chat room?s ?Floating Tool Bar? to TID today. We have looked at (and tried:o) a variety of options and feel this location will work best for more people. Remember there is no download required and the chat room is safe. Anytime you are on TID, the "Floating Tool Bar" will appear at the bottom of the page. You can enter the Chat Room at any time although the properautocare gang will be hanging out between 8:00 pm and 10:00 pm on Tuesday night, (tonight) as usual. We would like to invite everyone to stop by and say ?hi?. Also, tell your friends to stop by, the more the merrier. If you have any product questions or process questions, there is always someone there to help you. One of the topics tonight will be the idea of moving the Chat Room from Tuesday night to a weekend to accommodate our customers on the West coast better.

If you have difficulties getting in, PM the ADMIN and he will try to help.

Hope to see you all there.

jk

imported_gewb
04-13-2010, 03:17 PM
In an effort to make our ?Chat Room? more accessible to our community, we will be migrating the chat room?s ?Floating Tool Bar? to TID today. We have looked at (and tried:o) a variety of options and feel this location will work best for more people.

Great move, thanks! :cornut: :2 cents: :hurray: :thumbup:

Regards,
GEWB

imported_Flash Gordon
04-13-2010, 04:09 PM
In an effort to make our ?Chat Room? more accessible to our community, we will be migrating the chat room?s ?Floating Tool Bar? to TID today. We have looked at (and tried:o) a variety of options and feel this location will work best for more people. Remember there is no download required and the chat room is safe. Anytime you are on TID, the "Floating Tool Bar" will appear at the bottom of the page. You can enter the Chat Room at any time although the properautocare gang will be hanging out between 8:00 pm and 10:00 pm on Tuesday night, (tonight) as usual. We would like to invite everyone to stop by and say ?hi?. Also, tell your friends to stop by, the more the merrier. If you have any product questions or process questions, there is always someone there to help you. One of the topics tonight will be the idea of moving the Chat Room from Tuesday night to a weekend to accommodate our customers on the West coast better.

If you have difficulties getting in, PM the ADMIN and he will try to help.

Hope to see you all there.

jk

Thank You Captain Jack :wizard:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Oh Crap,I have to meet a client at there house @ 7:30p(cdt). I`m gonna make his Z4 scream to make it home for chat time. J/K Joe, if you happen to read this :o

imported_RootsRadical
04-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Good move, El Presidente!

-J

Puckman
04-13-2010, 06:28 PM
Excellent idea, Jack and thanks for making it easier to navigate!

bmw5541
04-13-2010, 07:01 PM
Way to go Jack.

I`m sure Flash is happy now:hurray::D Just kidding buddy.

Old Pirate
04-13-2010, 07:52 PM
C`mom in everyone, lots of folks here tonight and Jack is on also.

imported_Flash Gordon
09-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Hey Jack, just wanted to think you again for the CR. We had a blast tonight. Barry Theal and Chris (dasher) figured out the webcam option. I found that to be very entertaining @-)

C`mom in everyone, lots of folks here tonight and Jack is on also.

Jack, you do know we would love to see you drop by anytime /:)

bufferbarry
09-07-2010, 09:25 PM
I love that chat stuff.!! cool option

Jack Kruer
09-09-2010, 08:20 AM
Thanks guys, I really have to give a big THANK YOU to Angelo. He has really overseen the chat room and keeps it moving along. I appreciate his help and input. It sometimes gets a little crazy, but it is a good time and a place to talk about whats going on in our little world.

Thanks again.

jk