PDA

View Full Version : Trade Menz106fa & BF Midnight Sun for..

TazmanSS
11-05-2001, 01:53 AM
Finally made some progress on some really fine towel scratches on my Black SC430`s hood. I used Z5, let it dry real well (2hrs) removed with super soft towels and still had some areas that bothered me. I went over it with Z6 and it darnened up and looked much better. (under flourescent lights)

My question is.. what are some Z5 alternatives? Are they available over the shelf or mail order? (mail order suggestions?)

I`m relatively happy with Z5, but interested in seeing what else is out there.

ISLANDSBEST
11-05-2001, 02:03 AM
If your paint looks good under flourescent lights, you are probably fine and no one else will notice what I presume you have, which I call "micro-swirls."

Z5 is the mildest approach to swirl handling. I would stick with that, if the problem is not too bad. Put on another 3 or 4 coats. Allow several days between coats (I allow a week), so they will really cure, so you really are building up coats.

All of the alternatives will end up stripping off your Z. That is not catastrophic, and, if the problem does not resolve with more Z5, and the problem is severe enough to warrant more work, then there are other products to try, like 3M Swirl Mark Remover.

The subject of handling mild to severe swirls has been covered in detail in earlier threads. If another 3 or so coats of Z5 does not handle the situation, just do a search for earlier threads on swirl handling.

Good luck.

DETAILKING
11-05-2001, 10:24 AM
This is the safest approach to dealing with swirls. Swirl removers are abrasive and actually cut into your clear coat to level it out to the depth of the swirl. Some other products like Imperial hand glaze uses oils to hide the swirls temporarily but offers no real durability. Z5 is a great product and should be used on all swirls are minor enough for it to hide.....

Max405
04-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Hi,
I bought this stuff a couple months ago. I hear its great stuff but I havent used it and I`d like to trade for Swissvax Zuffenhausen or Zymol Glasur or some Swissvax/Zymol leather care product.

1. Brand-new, unopened unused Menzerna 106fa 16oz.
2. BlackFire Midnight Sun Carnuba. I opened the tub and did one panel on my 911. You can even tell it was touched!

I hate wasting money on anything I dont use. Especially when its great stuff like this.

I`d like to try a Swissvax or Zymol product, so let me know what you have if you are interested in any of my stuff.

Thanks, Joe D.

ZL1Mark
04-12-2010, 04:51 PM
PM`ed you Max.

jrt81
04-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Are you willing to sell your midnight sun?

I am interested in trying wax over Opti-seal.

Max405
04-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Are you willing to sell your midnight sun?

I am interested in trying wax over Opti-seal.

Hi guys, I dont think I supposed to sell anything here. I think only trades are allowed.

Joe D.

jrt81
04-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Thanks Joe.

Mods, sorry if I`ve broken the rules by implying a sale. :doh:

Max405
04-13-2010, 01:04 PM
PM`ed you Max.

I would rather Trade, I am sorry.

Note! The price new for what I have to offer was roughly $90. If someone was to offer lets say a product that currently sells for $200 and and it has 50% left in the tub, I would gladly throw in the balance. I just want to try something out.

By the way, the BlackFire Midnight Sun smells and looks like Yoo-Hoo. So if I cant find anyone who will trade me something that I want, I will melt it down and drink it. I`ll probably end up in the hospital though, so somebody help me out here!!!

Joe D.

jrt81
04-13-2010, 01:35 PM
I wish I could find a way to stop you from drinking that Midnight Sun! :wink:
Unfortunately I don`t have anything to trade you for that amount.
Good luck with your trade.

Max405
04-13-2010, 03:04 PM
I wish I could find a way to stop you from drinking that Midnight Sun! :wink:
Unfortunately I don`t have anything to trade you for that amount.
Good luck with your trade.

Considering how I am narrowing the possibilities, I have a feeling that I will be waxing my guitars with that stuff for the next 600 years...

Joe D.