PDA

View Full Version : Flat black. What`s best?

midyearroadster
11-04-2001, 10:30 AM
I only have time to apply one coat of Zanio Z 2, before winter, as the weather is getting cooler, and it takes a long time for this stuff to dry.

Will one coat get me thru the winter, with weekly washings with the correct soap. That would be about 5 months.

Thanks Tom F.

jjcrews01
11-04-2001, 07:42 PM
I`m no Zaino expert, there are many on this board though, but I would say yes. One coat should protect according to the Zaino web site. Quoting from the application page,

"NOTE: One application of Zaino Z-2 or Z-5 will outlast anything in the industry and is all you`ll ever need for an average vehicle. However, Multiple coats will achieve an even deeper, wetter-looking, ultra high gloss. Plus higher paint protection. It`s up to you....You be the judge..."

From my experience and reading the posts of others, additional coats are very easy to apply and each one gets easier.

hope this helps...

:)

Langley Interior Car Kare
11-04-2001, 08:37 PM
then just keep going with the Z2 as long as you can....some people put this stuff on when its 30-40 degrres out...so you have alittle time left....1 coat is better than none...and the quote from zaino...from boysmom is correct....how exact it is...???i dont know

ISLANDSBEST
11-05-2001, 02:33 AM
I`m with FLONI. One coat is good, but try to get another one or two on.

DETAILKING
11-05-2001, 10:27 AM
Using Z7 wash as often as you can (once every week or two for the winter) and following up with Z6 will help lengthen the life of Zaino. You should have protection on the car all winter. If you get some time in a month or two, and if the weather cooperates, just put another coat on. Should be able to do it start to finish in about an hour after you wash it.

Don2000g
11-06-2001, 09:33 PM
For 5 months of winter protection, it wouldn`t be a bad idea to get 2 coats of Z-2 on your car. I`m sure one day of the winter will accomodate you. If your weather is that bad and it won`t then definitely try to get 2 coats as soon as possible. Laters.

EastsideAutoSpa
04-10-2010, 05:59 PM
What would anyone with experience with flat black recommend for flat black on a boat for protection.

Street Dreams
04-10-2010, 08:13 PM
What would anyone with experience with flat black recommend for flat black on a boat for protection.

Swissvax makes a line of products called Opaque for matte finishes. Is the boat matte as in vinyl wrapped? In which cases the SV stuff should be what you looking for although I have not used it.

imported_Flash Gordon
04-10-2010, 08:41 PM
What is this one of those drug runnin boats you see on Miami Vice. I have never seen a boat painted matte :Christmas Hat:

EastsideAutoSpa
04-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Haha no it`s only a 23 foot scarab painted matte black I will look into the swissvax thanks David.