PDA

View Full Version : A few Interior cleaning Questions, PLZ HELP!

Blackmirror
11-03-2001, 09:52 PM
I was reading the instructions on AIO being applied on aluminum and alloy wheels and am wondering if it can be applied on factory chrome wheels.

JasonC8301
11-03-2001, 09:56 PM
Most likely the factory chrome rims are clear coated as odd as that sounds. I read a post stating that 99% of all factory rims are clear coated, with exceptions. The aftermarket rims that are alloy or mag are uncoated.

So, AIO them.

Jason

YoSteve
11-03-2001, 10:05 PM
AIO on everything non-porous! Yay AIO :) (to much paint in the lungs ;))

Koyaanisqatsi
11-03-2001, 11:31 PM
AIO works great on chrome. Follow up with a coat of SG. Although I use zaino on my truck I still use AIO and SG on my chrome and Clear coted aluminum rims. I found it works better than zaino on chrome. The zaino on my aluminum rims seemed to haze or cloud a bit. Don`t know what it was but the AIO took it right off and it hasn`t returned.

BradE
11-04-2001, 09:57 AM
I have AIOx2 and SGx4 on my Lincoln factory chrome wheels with no problems. They look great. You should be fine, go ahead and AIO them.

rstype
11-04-2001, 11:52 AM
Sure! Go ahead! The AIO`s non-abrasive cleaners removes some embedded grime, and prepares the chrome for more layers of SG. You might want to use AIO 2 or 3 times depending on the wheel`s condition.

And foam applicators work well to apply, and simply remove it with old microfiber towels.

darelldd
11-04-2001, 03:42 PM
Then AIO it! :up

Blackmirror
11-04-2001, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. Gonna AIO them chrome wheels now :)

imported_Jaredfromsubway
04-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Hey guys, new member here. I`ve been reading the forums for a few weeks, finally decided to become active. I work as a detailer at a used car dealership, so I detail 2-3 cars a day if I can pump them out that fast.

I had a couple questions about some interior problems I`ve run across, and I was wondering if yall had some advice as to what products to use to correct these problems.

1. Surface scratching/marring on pieces of vinyl or rubber plastic on the interior?

2. What product/s are safe/effective to use on wood grain interiors? (even if it maybe fake wood grain like in these saab`s I do.)

3. Finally, I have some cigarette burns in some cloth pillar bars. Whats the best way to cover that up and get them back to their natural light grey fabric? Thanks for the help mates, hope to hear from you soon.

imported_gewb
04-10-2010, 10:00 AM
Hey guys, new member here. I`ve been reading the forums for a few weeks, finally decided to become active. I work as a detailer at a used car dealership, so I detail 2-3 cars a day if I can pump them out that fast.

I had a couple questions about some interior problems I`ve run across, and I was wondering if yall had some advice as to what products to use to correct these problems.

1. Surface scratching/marring on pieces of vinyl or rubber plastic on the interior?

2. What product/s are safe/effective to use on wood grain interiors? (even if it maybe fake wood grain like in these saab`s I do.)

3. Finally, I have some cigarette burns in some cloth pillar bars. Whats the best way to cover that up and get them back to their natural light grey fabric? Thanks for the help mates, hope to hear from you soon.

Welcome to our corner of the Web! Lots to learn here and please contribute / share your knowledge, too.

As to fixing damage (1 and 3 of your post), I`m not too skilled at that as every situation is different. The cigarette burns can be "hidden" a bit depending on the material but they will never go away. Vinyl / plastic repair is very time consuming and requires specialized equipment to do properly.

As to #2, well, you will get a lot of suggestions and opinions!

I like 1Z einszett Cockpit Premium Interior Plastic Cleaner for the final application as it leaves the surface more like "new" rather than glossy/semi-glossy like many other products.

http://www.properautocare.com/eicopr.html

Regards,
GEWB