PDA

View Full Version : Sully`s Detailing: Black CTS

Pages : [1] 2 3

JonB
11-03-2001, 02:20 PM
Other cars!! Freshly Zaino`d about a week ago and the Zaino either caused temporary blindness to the other driver, or it pulled the car right out of its parking spot right into the side of my sons Accord......:mad: Now I have to double up on my medication!

H

Glozz
11-03-2001, 03:30 PM
Man oh man people! That looks like about $1200 or so...

Sorry to see this :mad:

JonB
11-03-2001, 04:11 PM
Its not the money, since the other driver has Allstate and they are going to pay for it and also a rental car while its in the shop. I just know that it will never be the same as factory paint. Also, since my son is 19 he won`t be able to drive the rental...I will have to let him drive the Mustang....:(

H

Langley Interior Car Kare
11-03-2001, 04:37 PM
that sucks!!!!as they say...at least everybody is ok....but it still is a total bummer.....handling the ugliness with humor...your a better man than i am....:D

YoSteve
11-03-2001, 07:47 PM
I hate when bad things happen to good cars! i`m on my third car (no accidents) a month into my first new car that I paid for, I back into my dad`s caddy :(

just make sure you go to a place that has waranteed work, because clear coat application is the trickiest part and not many get it right. good luck

Koyaanisqatsi
11-03-2001, 11:27 PM
That SUCKS! About 10 years ago I was driving my 2 year old black chevy truck that had just been polished, glazed and coated with meguiars #26 on a beautiful sunny day and someone pulled right in front of me at an intersection. Totaled their car and did 2K worth of damage to the truck. It was only an hour since it had been waxed. Oh well. I guess the old saying about the friction between paint and wax draws rain works for idiots too. :D

ISLANDSBEST
11-04-2001, 12:33 AM
I steered my main client and close friend into a Lexus SC 430 Friday before last. The next day, Saturday, it got the full Zaino treatment. Monday, she was rear ended while stopped on the Freeway (traffic had haulted, and she <em class=`bbc`>watched[/i] in the rear view mirror an oblivious driver roared down on her.

She`s OK, but I estimate $20,000 of damage.

neoprufrok
11-04-2001, 03:06 AM
Everybody (especially the Zaino users) need to get over themselves. I don`t really care who looks at my car. This is a huge reason I don`t post here anymore... the fact that the Zaino Zealots have taken over.

And it has nothing to do with Zaino itself. I love the product, use it on my wife`s accord. It`s just that all these stories of people stopping traffic, etc is overly self indulging.

Let`s get back to talking about the real merits of detailing and not stories like that.

ISLANDSBEST
11-04-2001, 03:34 AM
One post out of seven mentioned Zaino as a possible cause of the accident, and then it was mentioned as one of two possible causes. And, the mention was clearly intended as humor. None of the other posts mention Zaino as a cause of the accident.

YoSteve
11-04-2001, 04:11 AM
maybe the guy who hit is is a Klasse user ;) j/k of course

JonB
11-04-2001, 11:08 AM
I wonder what are the "real merits" of detailing?? Personally, other than physically protecting the finish of the car, aesthetics would probably be right at the top of the list!

I have been watching the discussions on Zaino and Klasse etc and I have not really seen crazed mobs of posters inciting riots over one product or another. Some have tried more than one product and settled into the one that they like best. Some use more than one (like myself) based on any number of factors like car color or other preferences in finish.

I haven`t seen any negative posts like yours (neoprufrok) in quite some time. From my perspective, this board is extremely democratic in it`s approach. Maybe I`m missing something, but more likely you are.... :(

As for all the others offering their condolences, I am very thankful. :)

H

Langley Interior Car Kare
11-04-2001, 11:40 AM
people read some posts/threads the way they want to...at times...like everything else....people read anger..people think they are being mocked or patronized.....but i know...even with things ive written...sometimes people read what u wrote and get a whole different meaning that what u intended....i know it makes me feel bad......but when it comes to a board....inflections of speech....a smirk....a wise-ass grin....cant be projected onto the screen.....and forget the smilies because the words overshadow them ...i think the merits of detailing are subjective....its the merits of how you feel...taking care of something you "love"....protecting it...treating it with respect.....like any job...or career....you know your first day there....people show u around...1 guy says this is the way....then another person says...yeah...thats his way....but do it like this....everybody has their own"right way".....im sure there`s people here that use Turtle Wax stuff....they would get hammered if they posted it....so they probably dont.....but even if they got hammered....i wouldnt say....from here to eternity...oh...forget that guy...hes the turtle wax guy....because everybody has something to say and u never know who.....newbie...senior....moderator..whatever... will post something that really hits home with you and makes sense.........to you!!

the only merit i find in detailing is that it makes "me" feel good....and doesnt hurt anyone else....except my bank account:D

dengelson
11-04-2001, 11:55 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by neoprufrok [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Everybody (especially the Zaino users) need to get over themselves. I don`t really care who looks at my car. This is a huge reason I don`t post here anymore... the fact that the Zaino Zealots have taken over.[/b]</blockquote>
We all have a different point of view but as a fairly new member I sure don`t see it that way. I`ve been posting about the good results that I`ve obtained primarily using 3M products. I think that 3M has some great products but they just aren`t sexy perhaps because they don`t choose to promote their products that way. They also don`t artificially jack up the price of their products to develop an illusion of rarity and cache.

You know what? Nobody bashed me. Not one. When I got some pictures together and posted the products that I`ve been using I just got some good "ata boys".

I think that we need to make the distinction between somebody being excited or self indulgent about the products they are using and slamming others for using something different. As long as everyone respects the pride others have from attaining a shiny detailed ride with their own choice of products I don`t care what kind of zealot they are. :)

cpaddock
11-04-2001, 06:55 PM
Aww man that bites:(. I remember your other post on how your son <em class=`bbc`>finally[/i] ;)detailed his car. You were so stoked. To have this happen only days later....:(

Don2000g
11-06-2001, 08:56 PM
Good to hear from you Richard. But I can certainly understand where you`re coming from buddy. I often have similar thoughts as yours. The board has indeed changed a bit in the last few months. It`s been a bit better but also a bit worse in some aspects. I`ve noticed that MANY old school regulars no longer post much or at all. I`m sure they feel as you do. Again, its good to hear from you! Laters.