PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Leather Protectant vs. 1Z Leather Care *PIC*

Pages : [1] 2

Josiah
11-02-2001, 10:12 PM
Hey all,

I went to target to get my Gold Class car wash, and noticed they had what looked like the California car duster. It was called "the original," but I wonder if it really is. I am going to get it, because where I live my poor car gets dusty in 8 hours. Once I put some Klasse on it, it should be okay to dust lightly daily.

BUT, I was wondering if that one is the original... it is $12 at target... I can`t remember who made it, some "tropical" sounding name... wish I could remember....

Anyone know?

Josiah

offcenter
11-03-2001, 09:10 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Josiah [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Hey all,

I went to target to get my Gold Class car wash, and noticed they had what looked like the California car duster. It was called "the original," but I wonder if it really is. I am going to get it, because where I live my poor car gets dusty in 8 hours. Once I put some Klasse on it, it should be okay to dust lightly daily.

BUT, I was wondering if that one is the original... it is $12 at target... I can`t remember who made it, some "tropical" sounding name... wish I could remember....

Anyone know?
Josiah [/b]</blockquote>
The one I saw at Target was labeled Baja Sol. Be careful when using the car duster. Make sure your car is only dusty, NOT dirty. Lightly touch the tip of the duster brush to the paint the way air would flow over the car. I own the California Car Duster, don`t use it too much, still afraid it may scratch, be cautious;)

We&#39;re Here
11-03-2001, 09:19 AM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by rad21 [/i]<strong class=`bbc`>

The one I saw at Target was labeled Baja Sol. [/b]</blockquote>That`s Target`s house brand so I`m not sure how they could claim that its the "original"

Josiah
11-03-2001, 11:04 AM
... get it for $12? I can only find it for $20.... Anyone know where it is less than that?

I bought my supplies last night, the ones for my car... Klasse AIO and SG, EF Clear Pearl Spray, Hi-Intensity Cleaner, Viper Cleaning Cloth, some Amazing Roll-Off for my vinyl top, MF towels at neatitems.com, 3M SMR and FI-II for swirl removing, and some car wash at target, along with applicator`s at Autozone.

Can`t wait to get them all!:D

Josiah

Mass. Wine Guy
11-03-2001, 05:35 PM
The Autozone near me has only crappy and run of the mill waxing/cleaning products.

Josiah
11-03-2001, 09:51 PM
I got viking applicator`s at Autozone... I heard people say that they liked Viking so... I also thought about getting some of the mequiars, but I might just use the viking for my Klasse and 3M Swirl remover stuff.

Josiah

Langley Interior Car Kare
11-04-2001, 12:31 AM
viking terry applicators for all kinds of stuff....they are cheap and really good...some people here think that any terry stuff holds...wastes too much product....but i like them....they stay firmer as u go....i do like the foam...but it gets mushy after a while....pinnacle makes a good foam....

Chemist
11-04-2001, 02:20 AM
get the one with the white handle with only one sided. There is a "newer" version of the duster with black handle(its also labeled "original).. its longer and covers all around.. but in my experience it leaves way too much wax. I use the original and dust it every day(black car).. and near the end of the week it would start leaving some wax.. but not too noticable. By that time I usually wash it the next day or so..

BradE
11-04-2001, 10:02 AM
Try K-Mart for the Cal Car Duster. I got mine on sale a few months ago for $9.99. I think they are normally $12.99 when not on sale. It is not a copy either, It says "The Orginal California Car Duster"

JasonC8301
11-04-2001, 12:11 PM
at K-mart. It was regular low price of 9.99. It was the original, the mop head was the same, but the handle was plastic, not wood. I will gladly pay $10 less and get a plastic handle than $10 more and get a wood one, if the mop head and literature and package is the same.

Jason

PS, I think the sale price ripped you off SL. Gotta be original price and sale price, like when they make the org. price higher, then mark that down to the "sale" price.

It just might be geographical location and stuff though. Either way, same price of $9.99.

BradE
11-04-2001, 12:42 PM

PS, I think the sale price ripped you off SL. Gotta be original price and sale price, like when they make the org. price higher, then mark that down to the "sale" price.</blockquote>

Jason,

Who knows. Some of the stores around here are a real joke. I can`t even find plain yellow foam pads around Cincy, I have to order them.

But you and I have the same duster, mine also has the plastic handle instead of wood. But I agree with you, it is not worth an extra $10 just for the wood handle.

Jngrbrdman
11-04-2001, 06:26 PM
Just remember to be super careful with that thing. The California Car Duster has scratched more than one car on this forum. I burned mine. I would just learn how to deal with the dust rather than scratch the hell out of my paint with that thing. It is horrible. I imagine that if you used it in a particular way then you won`t scratch but too many of us spend too much time polishing our cars to get rid of scratches and swirls that we would never think about using something that we know can cause swirls if it isn`t used an exact way. A little too risky for me.

ALM
11-04-2001, 09:21 PM
I use the $10 Wal-Mart Cali duster and im pleased with the results it gives. Like rad21 said, make sure that only the tips touch your car, don`t lay the thing down and drag it accross the surface of your car, then your asking for trouble.

Josiah
11-04-2001, 11:35 PM
Cali Duster at K-mart for $10, "marked down" from $12. I`m going to go wrap in newspaper, and use it in a few days. Need to wash my car tomorrow, I`m hoping for clouds.

bmerjorge21
11-04-2001, 11:50 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Mass. Wine Guy [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>The Autozone near me has only crappy and run of the mill waxing/cleaning products. [/b]</blockquote>Hey Mass. Wine Guy, do you go to the one in Danvers or Seabrook?? I don`t know how close either one is to you, but anyways my sig is a lie. I really live in Beverly, not Boston. Wow!! It really is such a small world, I probably live 15mins from you!!