PDA

View Full Version : Griot`s Paint Sealant

Pages : [1] 2 3

YoSteve
11-02-2001, 05:01 PM
So after work it`s off to go jack stand shopping!!!

I`m going to detail my wheels tomorrow (possibly starting in the morning! :D)

I figure while I`m at it, I`d Klasse and dress my full spare and it`s surrounding area`s haha, I think there comes a time when I should draw the line, I just haven`t gotten there yet :)

Lemonxxs
11-02-2001, 06:37 PM
Yooooo Steve

It is important to detail the spare so it will be there when you need it. It will prevent dry rot and you should check the air pressure as well.

Plus you can show the ladies! LOL

pingiii
11-02-2001, 06:37 PM
Your not sick. Next week I`m pulling the wheels off my truck one at a time, and painting the back with 2 coats of clear wheel paint. I`m trying to slow down the pitting.

I`ll do the front, (clearcoat painted,) with AIO and as many coats of SG as I can till it`s to cold, or the snow is up to the spindles.

When I`m done using the spare, I`m going to paint both sides. (The rim is painted steel.) Then SG the puppy. The pitting on uncoated aluminum is just terrible, and I`m trying anything to stop the damage. And yes I did AIO and SG the wheels last fall, but the winter road conditions are terrible. You just can`t keep them clean, hence the paint job on the wheels.

Keep em shining, and DO use the jack stands. :up Enjoy!

rstype
11-02-2001, 09:23 PM
No you`re not sick... I detailed <em class=`bbc`>all[/i] the wheels a few weeks ago. I polished it the whole wheel, clayed the front, and sealed it with multiple layers of AIO and SG.

It`s soo clean, but a week later, it looked as dirty as before. :(

Bluedog
11-02-2001, 09:49 PM
detailing the spare is totally normal, especially if its full size with stock rims and is stored inside the vehical (instead of undernear the car under the trunk).

i would detail mine but mines not a full size spare... tiny pathetic thing not even worth the touch of any of my car products:rolleyes:

Langley Interior Car Kare
11-02-2001, 10:55 PM
we all know ur a nut...but besides that...:D ...let me know what kind of stands you get...and from where.....

YoSteve
11-02-2001, 11:19 PM
(this is from my digital camcorder so the quality blows)

but it`s a Penske Car Care 2-Ton Hydraulic Floor Jack and Jack Stand Kit.

Floor Jack Lift Range 5-14"

Jack Stand Lift Range 10.5-16.5"

(meets ANSI spec for quality)

It was $39.99 at Super K-mart :)

Watch out! I bought some hi-temp spray paint and some other stuff!!!! my name is Steve and I have a problem....... :D

Glozz
11-02-2001, 11:26 PM
Today I just took out and looked at the spare that came with my new 330i. While I was at it I QD`ed it and showed it to the neighbor. As I was talking with him, I then used some Zaino Z-16 on the rubber and put it all back in the trunk.

My meighbor was just cracking up at me while I was doing it.

I guess I`m not alone. I felt so cheap and soooo dirty and so misunderstood!

YoSteve
11-02-2001, 11:35 PM
oops, here`s the pic

ISLANDSBEST
11-03-2001, 12:44 AM
Steve, do not forget to also detail the jack stands. ;)

YoSteve
11-03-2001, 01:28 AM
Unfortunately, the stands had swirl marks on them even before I opened the box ;(

I`m going to QD them but not much more (where`s blackfire when you need it!), I do have a nice plastic rubbermaid container that they`re going to go into though :)

Langley Interior Car Kare
11-03-2001, 10:31 AM
use some plexus to protect the container....those are nice dood...only $40.....nice deal...i wish i could get um....but the stands i could swing in my house....but not the lift.....i gonna build a garage out of cardboard or sumthin.....im so jealous....:mad:

ISLANDSBEST
11-03-2001, 11:13 AM
FLONI -- you are so right; I forgot all about detailing the box.

Steve -- sorry to hear about the swirl marks on the jack stands. Maybe some FI II, followed by 3M SMR, then Dawn wash, Zaino Z1 followed by Z5 swirl mark filler, topped by Z6 would help. (to any newcomers, yes, we ARE joking)

YoSteve
11-03-2001, 02:46 PM
so this sucks! I cant get the wheels off the car

it seems that the axle is rusted onto the wheel making a tight rusted unbudgable seam (I did spray some WD40 in there to let it soak it) damn, I didn`t think it`d be this difficult

on the passat forum they said to punch the wheels at 3 and 9 o`clock and start wiggling it free. Well I did punch the wheels (amongst other things ;)) grrrrrr

gary or other passaters, what`s up?

YoSteve
11-03-2001, 03:12 PM
success at last!

in the mighty words of that bad guy in the first karate kid, I followed the advice of sweeping the leg

about 10 hits from under the car on my side kick outward on the car (jack stands in place) I managed to kick it out!

jeez, what I do for this thing :)