PDA

View Full Version : a question for the members and mods please

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

BradE
11-02-2001, 04:12 PM
Does anyone know what stores you can buy this stuff locally at? I have tried AutoZone, Pepboys, and Target with no luck. Not sure if it`s just me who can`t find it, the Pepboys and AutoZone here in Cincinnati are pathetic, they dont stock hardly anything.

imported_roadk
11-02-2001, 04:42 PM
SL,

i live in new jersey, but i believe i saw it in

a local walmart.

--roadk

BradE
11-02-2001, 04:50 PM
roadk

Thanks for the reply, I will try WalMart tomorrow. I dont know what it is about Cincinnati, but most of the stores here dont stock much. I have a hard time just finding plain foam pads around here!

Anyway thanks for the tip.

ihetenyi
11-02-2001, 04:56 PM
Thats why I`m on a first name basis with the UPS guy. Cinci stores do pretty much stink.

BradE
11-02-2001, 06:20 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

Thats why I`m on a first name basis with the UPS guy. Cinci stores do pretty much stink.</blockquote>

LOL! :D Amen, I feel your pain. I will post if I find this stuff in Cincy incase you want to try it sometime.

BradE
11-03-2001, 01:02 PM
I tried WalMart, they did not have it. I have tried:

AutoZone

Pepboys

Walmart

Target

Meijer

Napa

Advanced Autoparts

None of these stores has the Eagle One Concours. Also, none have just plain yellow foam pads!! I have come to the conclusion that the stores in Cincinnati are useless. I guess I will just have to order it from CMA.

old_gonzo
11-03-2001, 01:06 PM
You can order foam pads from Top Of The Line; they are .50 each. I also cannot find them locally. VERY frustrating.

BradE
11-03-2001, 01:10 PM
articwhite,

Thanks for the tip about the foam pads. It makes me feel better to know that I am not the only one who can`t find a darn thing at local stores. I bet some of us have more car stuff in our basement than some stores have on their shelves. :)

old_gonzo
11-03-2001, 01:16 PM
It`s pretty sad that I have to order something as simple as foam pads from outwest. The shipping has always been quick from Top Of The Line, but it always seems silly to me to have to go that far just for foam. Crazy.

By the way - I have been curious about the Eagle One tire dressing that you are speaking of....have you ever tried it before, or are you just looking to try it out for the first time? If you have tried it, or have seen it on others` cars, what type of finish does it leave? Is it durable? Thanks.

BradE
11-03-2001, 01:22 PM
No, I have not tried it yet. I have heard good things from Brad B. about it though. He says it leaves a matte finish and lasts around 2 weeks. Give it the "new" tire look, and not that getto shine junk. He uses it on some of his cars so it must be pretty good. I like Zaino Z16, but it is a little pricey once you add shipping and everything, thats why I am going to the Eagle One Concours, if I can even find it that is. :)

old_gonzo
11-03-2001, 01:31 PM
We are thinking alike. I really like the Z-16 as well, but agree that $20.00 per bottle (after shipping) is a bit pricey.

I would only have two concerns with the Eagle One - First, does it contain a UV blocker? When I have read about it, it made no mention of any UV protection. :( And second, I wonder if over time, it will discolor the tire? Again, I don`t know about that either. I have been using the Z-16 for the last 9 months or so, and am very pleased, but wouldn`t mind trying the Eagle One if I knew a little more about it.

If you have to resort to ordering it, CMA does carry it. Definately let me know what you think of it if you try it. :D

Langley Interior Car Kare
11-03-2001, 01:35 PM
at R&S Straus auto...i dont know if they have that near u...ill ship from here for free...since your an Autopian......but you gotta give me something from cincy

drmcetta
11-03-2001, 01:42 PM
is it possible that eagle one no longer producing that product?

I checked eagleone website (www.eagleone.com)

and can`t find the concours dressing...

old_gonzo
11-03-2001, 01:45 PM
as I just received CMA`s most recent catalog the other day, and it is there. :confused:

JonB
11-03-2001, 02:24 PM
The Z-16 may be a little pricey, but its a pretty big bottle and it will probably yield several hundred applications to tires! Unless you drive a tractor...

H