PDA

View Full Version : Which Do You Consider Better?

Pages : [1] 2

Blackmirror
11-01-2001, 07:11 PM
ok I just got it today. Where do I start? I have Meguiars wax and polish on my car right now. Do I have to remove it before applying SG and AIO? Can I just wash the car andthen start with the AIO and SG?

offcenter
11-01-2001, 07:16 PM
Blackmirror,

Some will tell you it`s okay to use Dawn dishwashing detergent to remove the wax/polish. You can also use a paint cleaner like Pinnacle Paint Cleaning Lotion or Meguiars Medallion Paint cleaner. AIO should remove the wax/polish but one of the choices above should give you a squeaky clean surface to apply AIO and SG.

Blackmirror
11-01-2001, 07:17 PM
OH and what about lightly oxidized areas like the bumpers? do I use a mild rubbing compound before using AIO and SG?

Blackmirror
11-01-2001, 09:22 PM
another question that came to mind is regarding dabs. instructions say 6-10 dabs will do a whole car. How big is a dab? a dime or a quarter size?

offcenter
11-01-2001, 09:32 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Blackmirror [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>another question that came to mind is regarding dabs. instructions say 6-10 dabs will do a whole car. How big is a dab? a dime or a quarter size? [/b]</blockquote>
Nickel size dabs for AIO and dime size dabs for SG. Use a damp foam applicator for AIO and a DRY foam applicator for SG. AIO can be removed after each panel is covered, SG should sit on the surface at least 20 minutes but an hour or more is better. It`s best to wait 24 hours between additional coats of SG, however after removing AIO, the first SG coat can be immediately applied.

Don2000g
11-05-2001, 05:26 PM
The Klasse AIO should remove the Meguiars that you have on your car. Laters.

cmichael258
04-05-2010, 03:44 PM
What are your thoughts as to which protectant is better: Blackfire WD or Menzerna FMJ? I`m sure most will say that BFWD gives a much better shine, and I would agree. I have an RX350 with silver/blue paint so the BFWD doesn`t give that deep look that it gives a darker color.

I am more interested in the level of protection and durability and would appreciate your thoughts.

Old Pirate
04-05-2010, 07:17 PM
What are your thoughts as to which protectant is better: Blackfire WD or Menzerna FMJ? I`m sure most will say that BFWD gives a much better shine, and I would agree. I have an RX350 with silver/blue paint so the BFWD doesn`t give that deep look that it gives a darker color.

I am more interested in the level of protection and durability and would appreciate your thoughts.

I have use both on my silver Mazda5 and found BFWD looks better and offer more protection from our weather here in the Bay area which I also live 1 1/2 miles from the beach area. But don`t get me wrong there, FMJ is a great product for protection for any vehicle. You can`t go wrong with either product. :Car smiley:

BIOLINK
04-05-2010, 07:40 PM

I have used both and found BFWD gives more durability.

:White Horse:

EastsideAutoSpa
04-05-2010, 10:38 PM
if you follow all the steps to BF you cant beat it, I Had FMJ topped with P21s on my volvo (pearl maroon) and liked fairly well although you had to be very careful what you wiped it with (STREAKY) it but the 300c (Dark Blue Pearl) will be getting BFWD very soon just waitng on my new bottle.

Todd@RUPES
04-06-2010, 07:54 AM
BFWD is based on the polymer technology pioneered with FMJ. IMO, BFWD is the superior product in terms of durability, FMJ is a little easier to use. Looks are subjective.

imported_User Name
04-06-2010, 08:08 AM
I`ve used both. Love both.

Both are easy to use, super slick and I probably get more durability out of BFWD. Can`t go wrong either way.

imported_Termigator
04-06-2010, 02:30 PM
Like Todd said, looks are subjective. BFWD is definitely more durable and holds it`s slickness longer. I like to think of BFWD as FMJ 2.0. I still use FMJ a lot because I still have a lot, probably about a quart. FMJ is so easy to use, I have no problem applying a coat after every wash. :)

imported_glfahlc
04-06-2010, 04:24 PM
i use fmj on my truck and bfwd on our cars. both have a nice shine and slickness, though slickness and durability belong to bfwd. both leave an incredible and noticeable shine...

Red Orc
04-07-2010, 09:10 AM
Personally I would use Menzerna`s new Power Lock Sealant before I used FMJ. It`s very new so there aren`t a whole lot of posts here or on other forums about it but what lille I have seen has been very positive.