PDA

View Full Version : Pneumatic DA Polisher?

neomatrix
11-01-2001, 06:46 PM
I know that you can attach a file but how do you make it small so that it won`t show a very big picture on the screen. I can reduce the file size but it still turns out big on the screen and the quality is bad. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

JonB
11-01-2001, 06:52 PM
You need a program like ACDSEE or Photoshop where you can resize a picture from say 1280 x 1024 to 600 x 480 which will make the picture display smaller. The file size will be smaller after this also. You should use 72 as the resolution since monitors can`t display any higher than this anyways and is just wasteful.

H

neomatrix
11-01-2001, 07:00 PM
thanks for the reply. I have that program and I will try it.

Langley Interior Car Kare
11-01-2001, 09:45 PM
doesnt work...get that free mth of photosharing at photopoint.com.....then you just post the link and we click on it....no matter what program i had i couldnt get it down to the right size.....so i went the easy way out....:)

lphegner
04-05-2010, 12:08 PM
I am new to the art of DA polishing and have been doing rotary polishing for years. I am intrigued by the fact that it leaves little to no swirl marks. I have been doing a fair amount of research on the products. My question is since I do not have a DA polisher like the PC or the Flex can I use my Dynabrade DA sander if I equip it with a LC backing pad? It looks to me like the threads on the pad are the same. Does a pneumatic DA have enough RPM`s? Has anyone ever tried this method? Any insight is appreciated.

Old Pirate
04-05-2010, 06:30 PM
I am new to the art of DA polishing and have been doing rotary polishing for years. I am intrigued by the fact that it leaves little to no swirl marks. I have been doing a fair amount of research on the products. My question is since I do not have a DA polisher like the PC or the Flex can I use my Dynabrade DA sander if I equip it with a LC backing pad? It looks to me like the threads on the pad are the same. Does a pneumatic DA have enough RPM`s? Has anyone ever tried this method? Any insight is appreciated.

Welcome to TID lphegner, answer to your question is yes you can use your Dynabrade Sander. Just remember the DA backing plate`s from Lake Country are Plated steel and 5/16 x 24 threaded post. So make sure they are the right size for you machine. Also these unit`s are a little more aggressive and are for high speed polishing. IMO this type of units will remove swirls, spots and some scratches that would normally require a circular polisher yet still offers a swirl-free random type orbital motion. Hope this helps you out.

imported_Flash Gordon
04-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Intresting concept. you could go from sanding a nitestand to polishing a car in 5 minutes :partaaay2:

lphegner
04-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the insight. Does anyone have any good tips on the correct speed setting for the best results with this type of polishing?

PorscheGuy997
04-05-2010, 11:13 PM
What is the throw size?

If it has a really small throw size (3/32), you may want to invest in another DA. The DA will be correcting, but the small throw will not be able to correct much.