PDA

View Full Version : P21S Use

Pages : [1] 2

imported_roadk
10-28-2001, 11:15 PM
i was having some trouble getting all of my AIO off without leaving some `streaking` and some residue, so i put some meguiars quick detail spray (NOT FI and NOT quick wax) on the car or MT, and it came off easily.

but i`m confused and many have opinions on what`s good and bad in this process....

can i safely put on a SG layer over my AIO that has been wiped with the meguiars Quick Detail?

if not, how should i prep for SG?

thanks!

---roadk

vettefan67
10-29-2001, 01:18 AM
For a safe buffing helper, try a quick spritz of distilled water on your MT. Also, apply less product next time. I`m not quite sure about the QD...how long did you let it sit? I believe a lot of the cheaper QD`s have a lot of IPA (isopropyl alcohol), which you can use to remove Klasse if you decide to start over.

If you really want assurance, either apply another coat of AIO or wash the car (rather AIO). Neither can hurt you. I`d recommend the extra coat of AIO though.

Bluedog
10-29-2001, 11:57 AM
i also experience better results over all with the QD over FI. i think this is mainly due to the fact that the QD has silicones and FI doesnt. im not sure if its the same for klasse but for zaino the zilicone isnt good for layering zaino on. kinda like oil, so i would use dawn if i were to use QD. maybe u should dawn wash ur car a little before starting enw layers of klasse

Husker Z
03-31-2010, 08:45 AM
I got my bottle of P21S a couple of weeks ago and have a chance to use it a couple of times, once on that Buick with the chrome rims and once on my S60R with the painted rims. It worked AWESOME on both and probably could have let it dwell a little longer on each, but was still amazed with the result, especially on the wrecked Buick`s (it`s not hard to clean mine as I have multiple layers of sealant on them).

Anyway, my question is, how many cars can you do with a bottle of that stuff? I transferred the 32 oz to my Griots Spray Bottle and don`t feel like I`m over doing it when spraying it on, but it looks like it will be going SUPER fast and probably 1/4 of the way gone already, maybe not quite, but close.

Am I doing it right? Should I use a different sprayer or application method? I haven`t even done my wife`s XC90 yet and it has big ol 19" rims/tires on it, I imagine it`ll take quite a bit.

Thanks in advance.

gmblack3
03-31-2010, 09:09 AM
If you are using the gel, you can spray it right onto a EZ detail Brush for the barrels of the wheels.

Husker Z
03-31-2010, 09:12 AM
If you are using the gel, you can spray it right onto a EZ detail Brush for the barrels of the wheels.

I guess I was under the impression that I needed it to dwell a while BEFORE I went to scrubbing it. If not, this makes a lot of sense. I have the Griot`s Wheel Brushes, which work awesome for most wheels, so maybe I`ll have to go that route. It will definitely save quite a bit of product.

gmblack3
03-31-2010, 09:15 AM
I guess I was under the impression that I needed it to dwell a while BEFORE I went to scrubbing it. If not, this makes a lot of sense. I have the Griot`s Wheel Brushes, which work awesome for most wheels, so maybe I`ll have to go that route. It will definitely save quite a bit of product.

Depends on how dirty they are to start with. If you have OEM pads on the volvo, they might need some dwell time if its been a while since your last cleaning. If you have the wheels sealed up, they should not require that much dwell time.

Husker Z
03-31-2010, 09:17 AM
Depends on how dirty they are to start with. If you have OEM pads on the volvo, they might need some dwell time if its been a while since your last cleaning. If you have the wheels sealed up, they should not require that much dwell time.

Makes perfect sense, thanks. Yes, the Volvo pads are crazy dusty, but I do have the wheels all sealed up, which helps a lot. Thanks again, I love the P21S, but I was afraid I was going to be buying it in bulk if I kept using this much of it on each car! :out:

imported_Indy YZF
03-31-2010, 09:31 AM
Yeah I did 4 cars and the bottle was gone. I sprayed enough to coat the wheels. Works good like you said though. I have to buy the bulk size now, but it is the best wheel cleaner I`ve used.

Husker Z
03-31-2010, 09:35 AM
Yeah I did 4 cars and the bottle was gone. I sprayed enough to coat the wheels. Works good like you said though. I have to buy the bulk size now, but it is the best wheel cleaner I`ve used.

Glad I`m not the only one! The Buick took most of it, but you should have seen the driveway after dwelling on it for a while, crap was just running off of the tires/wheels.

imported_glfahlc
03-31-2010, 12:36 PM
then i`m glad i got the 32oz to begin with...

Husker Z
03-31-2010, 01:09 PM
then i`m glad i got the 32oz to begin with...

Yeah, me too, for sure.

bmw5541
03-31-2010, 03:58 PM
Husker,

The P21S Gel is truly a great product for sure. It does go fast however. If your wheels are very dirty, you will deffinitely need to let them dwel for a while. The directions on the bottle say that you can let them dwel for up to two hours. Once they are clean, make sure to seal the wheels (I really like Wheel Wax). This will make it much easier to clean the wheels the next time you wash the car. You shouldn`t have to use the gel every time you wash the car. Once sealed, you should just use car shampoo and a brush and they will come nice and clean.

Husker Z
03-31-2010, 04:02 PM
Husker,

The P21S Gel is truly a great product for sure. It does go fast however. If your wheels are very dirty, you will deffinitely need to let them dwel for a while. The directions on the bottle say that you can let them dwel for up to two hours. Once they are clean, make sure to seal the wheels (I really like Wheel Wax). This will make it much easier to clean the wheels the next time you wash the car. You shouldn`t have to use the gel every time you wash the car. Once sealed, you should just use car shampoo and a brush and they will come nice and clean.

Yeah, I probably didn`t need to use it on my car, I put wheel wax on it a while back, and a month or so after that put a coat of BFWD on it followed by Midnight Sun. They are pretty easy to clean. I just had this new bottle of stuff that I felt needed used!!

Thanks! I`m betting your Bimmer`s brakes are as dusty as mine.

bmw5541
03-31-2010, 04:22 PM
Yeah, I probably didn`t need to use it on my car, I put wheel wax on it a while back, and a month or so after that put a coat of BFWD on it followed by Midnight Sun. They are pretty easy to clean. I just had this new bottle of stuff that I felt needed used!!

Thanks! I`m betting your Bimmer`s brakes are as dusty as mine.

You aint just whistlin` dixie! I am so obsessed with keeping them clean, and it is so difficult. I am at the point now, that I am wipping them down pretty much every day. Fortunately, the Wheel Wax, does a great job, so all I have to do is use an old MF or cotton towel and it comes clean. My hands, on the other hand are a whole other story. I really need to start wearing gloves:banghead: