PDA

View Full Version : The wheel cleaning thread

jal
10-28-2001, 06:12 PM
What all can I do to prepare my vehicles for winter?

JonB
10-28-2001, 06:20 PM
Re-charge your AC and move them to South Florida :cool:

Seriously though, you should consider a synthetic like Klasse, Zaino, Liquid Glass or NuFinish. These will outlast most any wax. This has been discussed at lenght in recent posts. Just browse through or do a search.

H

RED JEWELL SS
03-29-2010, 11:18 PM
I had a nice experience cleaning the wheels today on my Camaro which are a pain with the offset and dust and crap.On my last order with PAC, we were discussing the best plan (brush) to " geterdun" the brush I ordered was http://classic-motoring.stores.yahoo.net/ezdetailbrush.html and I picked up sum Meguars Hot Rims all wheel cleaner and I looked at the purple bottle and I thought " this aint gunna last very long"....I am surprised , this stuff came out of that pump sprayer foaming like forty north....reminds me of Dow foaming bathroom cleaner :biggrin:.....any way ,this combo works very nice, the brush is wheel friendly and slithers under the caliper.
Now , if the wheel is in your face dirty, this brush wont do it,it would have to rely on the wheel cleaner to break everything down.I think this to me is worthy of this thread,but I would like to hear about other tactics and weapons to use on dirty wheels. :iagree:

Legacy99
03-29-2010, 11:23 PM
I had a nice experience cleaning the wheels today on my Camaro which are a pain with the offset and dust and crap.On my last order with PAC, we were discussing the best plan (brush) to " geterdun" the brush I ordered was http://classic-motoring.stores.yahoo.net/ezdetailbrush.html and I picked up sum Meguars Hot Rims all wheel cleaner and I looked at the purple bottle and I thought " this aint gunna last very long"....I am surprised , this stuff came out of that pump sprayer foaming like forty north....reminds me of Dow foaming bathroom cleaner :biggrin:.....any way ,this combo works very nice, the brush is wheel friendly and slithers under the caliper.
Now , if the wheel is in your face dirty, this brush wont do it,it would have to rely on the wheel cleaner to break everything down.I think this to me is worthy of this thread,but I would like to hear about other tactics and weapons to use on dirty wheels. :iagree:

Check out Brown Royal

RED JEWELL SS
03-29-2010, 11:38 PM
Check out Brown Royal

Has anyone ordered this product ?...it does look impressive ! :smile:

imported_jaredpointer
03-30-2010, 07:29 AM
Quick clip and paste from another forum I posted this at:

As an alternative to more expensive brushes, I decided to try a little backyard engineering and see what I could come up with in regards to cleaning the inside/backside/barrel of my rims. Here`s what I came up with.

Carrand brush from Wal-Mart. I took the two brushes and bent them away from each other (they used to sit one "inside" the other). Now I can fit it between openings of the wheels and use it to clean the barrels. With the sharp turns, a little flick of the wrist gets right on the backside of the wheel spokes/legs. For $4 it does a great job. It`s easily adjustable for smaller or bigger openings, and the individual brushes are thin enough to get in between most calipers and wheel barrels (where they meet and are the closest).

I haven`t noticed any marring, however I am using this strictly on wheel barrels.

http://www.detailcity.org/forums/attachments/detailing-product-discussion-reviews/11047d1269802710-cheap-wheel-barrel-brush-bursh.jpg

Leadfootluke
03-30-2010, 07:55 AM
Has anyone ordered this product ?...it does look impressive ! :smile:

Yes it does! I would like to hear from someone who has used it though. The price is good and it is dilutable.

imported_jaredpointer
03-30-2010, 08:13 AM
There`s one gleaming review over at Autopia that I`ve come across. $16 for a gallon of the stuff is not bad. Especially if it works as well as the review states.

imported_jaredpointer
03-30-2010, 12:05 PM
Well, after all the reviews I could find on the net, I ordered a gallon jug as well as a 32 ounce sprayer. Can`t beat the price with a stick, and from the pics I`ve seen looks like it works. I`ll give my opinion when I get to try it out.

FWIW, I spoke with Kelli on the phone, she was very helpful and answered my questions. I should be seeing it on Thursday or so. Maybe I`ll get to bust it out this weekend.

Leadfootluke
03-30-2010, 03:43 PM
Well, after all the reviews I could find on the net, I ordered a gallon jug as well as a 32 ounce sprayer. Can`t beat the price with a stick, and from the pics I`ve seen looks like it works. I`ll give my opinion when I get to try it out.

FWIW, I spoke with Kelli on the phone, she was very helpful and answered my questions. I should be seeing it on Thursday or so. Maybe I`ll get to bust it out this weekend.

What was your shipping quote?

imported_jaredpointer
03-30-2010, 06:23 PM
$10 for the gallon jug and 32 ounce with sprayer. Shipping by UPS, I assume 2nd day.

RED JEWELL SS
03-30-2010, 09:35 PM

Cool , yeah, let us know Jared, I was thinking of a gallon too...I wonder if it would foam out of the Meguars bottle I got ?