PDA

View Full Version : question about painted plastic bumpers

mooredriven
10-27-2001, 11:56 AM
Hello all. Last week I had posted a pic of my arsenal which included some 12"x12" blue MF towels from neatitems.com. I was curious about their performance so I figured after I used one I`d post my results.

The towel was used for removing AIO. It was my first time using AIO or MF towels.:D Anyhow, I used the MF applicator which came with the Concours kit I purchased, spraying it now and then with some QD. I usually applied to one panel, then removed it from the previous panel... until I finished the car.

I was able to use one 12"x12" MF towel to remove all the AIO from the car with little effort. There was no lint AT ALL and the removal of AIO required little elbow grease and only one panel required a spray of QD to get it off.

All in all, the 5 MF towels I got were a pretty good buy at under $20. Now I`ve got one for each step!

1-AIO

1-AIO

1-SG

1-SG

1-Blitz

:)

Langley Interior Car Kare
10-27-2001, 12:16 PM
the MF`s from neatitems...Prinz turned me on to them....the smaller blue ones are great for Qd....they a;most never lint at all....

Mass. Wine Guy
10-27-2001, 07:06 PM
What brand of QD did you use with your AIO? Any problem with it whatsoever?

Greek Guy
10-27-2001, 07:33 PM
Neatitems mt`s are very good. The price isn`t bad either.

Langley Interior Car Kare
10-27-2001, 08:44 PM
zaino guy...so cant help u with the AIO....maybe Prinz can help u out.....im pretty sure he uses Klasse stuff...

mooredriven
10-27-2001, 11:01 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Mass. Wine Guy [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>What brand of QD did you use with your AIO? Any problem with it whatsoever? [/b]</blockquote>
I used Meguiar`s Quick Detailer, but as I said I only needed it on one panel, the hood. It was the first panel I did so I`m guessing I might have put on the AIO too thick to begin with, then i evened out as I went along.

Removing the SG was a bit more work. I tried to put it on as thinly as possible and I still needed some QD to remove it. Even having used QD i saw a few spots that still have residue on them but I was so damn tired from what I had already done that it`ll have to wait till tomorrow. :D So far:

Friday - Mother`s Clay bar and AIO coat one. (didn`t start till late).
Saturday - AIO coat two, SG coat one and removal a few hours later. I also AIO`d and SG`d my wheels (even took them off!!)
Sunday will be - Second SG coat, then Blitz a few hours later... and tackle the interior. Finally I`ll be as done as I can be for now.

Oddly my wife was asking me what I`d like for Xmas which would really stay in my garage, I might ask for a PC because my arms are going to fall off. :o

YoSteve
10-28-2001, 12:29 AM
I use a little distilled water sprinkled on a microfiber to remove Klasse haze. Surprisingly enought the easiest thing (may not be the best) to use is your breath. If you breathe on your car you can acutally see the streaks of the Klasse haze and it wipes right off, better than with liquid water seems to be harder to spread and wipe with a microfiber.

YoSteve
10-28-2001, 01:11 AM
I posted at 1:30 and it says I posted this at 1:11? what haha :D

imported_killerjg
10-28-2001, 01:18 AM
You`ll love the PC, get it.

With regards to SG though I found out it is better to do it by hand (use it for the AIO). Had much better results. I am up to my 10th SG layer on my Lexus (excessive, maybe, I don`t care just love doing it!). I tried the ShowroomLincoln plan of using a damp MF towel, man that`s the way to go. I also tried, on the other half of the hood, using Eagle QD to remove it as well. Couldn`t see a difference between the two methods.

Check this out:
http://216.147.22.29/forum/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=4241&perpage=15&pagenumber=1 (`http://216.147.22.29/forum/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=4241&perpage=15&pagenumber=1`)

bobdec
10-28-2001, 09:53 PM
Good to hear the positive experiences with the Neatitems mf towels. I`ve been using them for quite some time now along with many other brands of mf towels and have found them to be about the best value out there. I also have never had a lint problem with them.

Next time you order, I also highly recommend you get a couple of the mf suede cloths. You`ll love having one your glove box all the time.

I don`t use Zaino or Klasse. I`m still using a product made for the Harrah`s Auto Collection back many years ago. It`s not available anymore so I don`t even mention it very often or talk about how great a product it is (was.)

JayDub - don`t be shy about dropping the hints about the PC now. It`s less than 2 months till Christmas!

imported_Haylo75
10-29-2001, 12:30 PM
Okay, you guys sold me; I`m going to try out the neatitems towels. I just recently got into using MF towels and haven`t had the luxury of using the older MTs. I bought some Vipers from CMA and they`re working okay, however I`m beginning to see hairline scratches in my brand new paint. I suspect it`s from my not dedicating my MFs to certain cleaning/polishing/waxing tasks. I have put all of them through the washer, but I`d like some new towels for testing anyway.

imported_pmdureska
03-28-2010, 05:28 PM
getting ready to "practice " my correction techniques on my 10 year old audi A6 DD, with the PCXP. gonna try removing some swirls and holos. do you treat the colored bumpers the same way you would correct the actual metal panels, i.e. same polishes, pads. Do they have a clear coat on them? thanks in advance.:confused:

mink
03-28-2010, 09:07 PM
If the body is a clear coat finish, most of the time the bumpers will be also. A quick check to see if it is a clear coat or single stage finish, can be done by rubbing in a small area using a cloth contrasting to your vehicles color, and a small amount of compound. If the cloth is clean you have a clear coat finish, if color appears on the cloth it is a single stage finish. If the finish appears to be the same on both body and bumpers, I would treat them the same.

imported_pmdureska
03-29-2010, 07:31 AM
ok, thanks