PDA

View Full Version : Proper Washing and Claying Technic`s Thread

Bluedog
10-25-2001, 11:42 PM
im about to use the 303 fabric guard (not aerospace protectant) on the inside cloth areas like seats, carpets, etc. my question is do u guys have any suggestions on how to use it? any kind of recommended applicators or procedures? preperations? anything.

bottle directions just say spray until evenly wet, overlapping spray areas. allow to dry.

thats it... :confused:

imported_killerjg
10-26-2001, 01:39 AM
Make sure it`s clean and you are in business.

I like the smell, seems like a new car.

vettefan67
10-26-2001, 01:56 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Ng Luder [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>..bottle directions just say spray until evenly wet, overlapping spray areas. allow to dry.[/b]</blockquote>
That`s about it, Ng. Just make sure the surface is well vacuumed and cleaned and you`re good to go! Don`t complicate it, it`s just as easy as it sounds.

nerdhunters
10-26-2001, 05:54 AM
You have it, just spray it on, make sure the surfaces are cleaned first.

imported_nihoole
10-26-2001, 06:21 AM
Great stuff you got there!The only thing I was worried about was the overspray onto my other materials like my vinyl and console glass(plastic).I took a towel and covered these areas just to be safe.Really was not worried about it hurting them as much as stopping my vinyl dressing from taking properly when I tried to treat it agian.Take care

mx5
10-26-2001, 08:20 AM
The Fabric Guard does not stain your vinyl or your plastic. It dries totally clear. It has a very strong smell when you initially apply it. After one coat the water was already beading. Very good product. Something I would expect for the price.

imported_Haylo75
10-26-2001, 02:30 PM
I just applied 303 to my floormats and carpets. I misted two light coats on (per the Autopia detailing tips) and have done testing; liquids bead very well. I did get a little overspray on my lower console. I wiped it away before it had a chance to dry and I don`t see any damage to the plastic.

Good Luck,

Kerr

imported_killerjg
10-26-2001, 04:26 PM
If you end up putting it on too heavy or get overspray it will turn white. Just wipe it off, no worries.

maxepr1
03-25-2010, 06:28 PM
Looking for the thread with Todd`s explanation with all those nice drawing and pictures?? I think it`s under newbies but I searched high and low and can`t find it! It was accessed yesterday again but I did`nt bookmark. Thanks guy`s

Old Pirate
03-25-2010, 06:32 PM
http://truthindetailing.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=3176

maxepr1
03-25-2010, 06:37 PM
Thanks zoom that`s the one!!

Todd@RUPES
03-26-2010, 07:56 AM
Thanks zoom that`s the one!!

Goooo Cubies!:clap: