PDA

View Full Version : Woot!

Pages : [1] 2

Jngrbrdman
10-25-2001, 10:44 PM
I`m really tempted to get the $300 kit on CMA with the polisher and Klasse and everything but I figured I`d try to save a litte money if I could. Anyone have a used one they want to sell? Also, is that kit a good deal? It sure looks like it is. I dream about that kit.....

Footy
10-26-2001, 01:43 AM
Someone on the forum had an unused one for $80, but I assume you checked that out.

I got mine from Coastal Tool at $115 (delivered), and bought my foam pads from Tim at Tacscar

bbquer
10-26-2001, 02:03 AM
you got them to deliver to Sri Langka?

Footy
10-26-2001, 03:24 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Irvin [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>you got them to deliver to Sri Langka? [/b]</blockquote>I had it delivered to a company in Boston that I have connections with, and they included it in the weekly shipments they send to Sri Lanka.

Actually, I think Coastal would have shipped it to Sri Lanka, but it would have been too expensive.

99323ic
10-26-2001, 07:17 AM
Send an e-mail to: MPYeatman@aol.com (``) as he has one that was never used for $80. I was interested, but just can`t scrounge up the cash right now.

I believe in Santa Claus!! (Hint, Hint!)

Jngrbrdman
10-26-2001, 11:37 AM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by jimwh [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Send an e-mail to: MPYeatman@aol.com (``) as he has one that was never used for $80. I was interested, but just can`t scrounge up the cash right now.

I believe in Santa Claus!! (Hint, Hint!) [/b]</blockquote>
Yeah, I saw that post. I emailed him right away on it too but he said he sold it. Kinda sucked too cuz I was all excited and everything. 115 at coastal tool is the cheapest I`ve found so unless I score one on ebay or something I think I`ll go for that one. Thanks guys.

99323ic
10-26-2001, 12:27 PM
After reading David`s new page on the PC (see HERE (`http://www.autopia-carcare.com/porcab74ulde.html`) ), I`d really recommend investing in the kit that CMA offers.

Here`s the reason why (quoted from his page listed above):

<em class=`bbc`>KNOW WHAT YOU`RE GETTING!
Lesson number one, know what you`re getting. I was a bit naive in thinking that I should price shop the PC 7424; I have seen some pretty low prices on the Internet. What I did not realize is that the standard machine comes with a lousy backing plate and pad.

...(T)he standard pad that comes with a PC 7424 (is)...worthless! It`s a flat pad, so it throws off a lot of your polish or wax, making a mess. Plus, the backing plate is not Velcro, so each time you want to change pads you have to stop and use a wrench.

The Ultimate Detailing Machine kit I received from Classic Motoring Accessories came with a heavy-duty, 6" Velcro backing plate and a single concave polishing/waxing pad. I also purchased the additional accessory kit, which includes:

One 6 inch lambs-wool compounding pad for leveling the surface
One 6 inch yellow cutting pad for older, oxidized finishes
Two 6 inch white polishing/waxing pads
One 6 inch gray finishing pad for producing an ultra high gloss
Two 6 inch terry bonnets for buffing [/i]

I`ve heard the recommendation to ask CMA to substitue the micro fibre pads in place of the terry bonnets. This makes sense, especially if you`re a MF nut like me! (and I think that DonG2000 falls into this category, too :D).

What`s taken me this long to say is that CMA adds a lot of value into their kit and although you can price shop until you drop, by the time that you source the velcro backing plate, pads & bonnets, you`ll probably be around (or more!) the price that CMA offers it at.

Bluedog
10-26-2001, 04:49 PM
cool, thanks for the heads up. i didnt know the velcow backplatre thing was exclusivly from CMA. i thought it came with the PC itself.

ill reconsider buying it somewhere else now and just go for the one on CMA along with that extra package. maybe ill wait for christmas so there might be a discount or coupon?

does anyone know if CMA will definitley give us some kind of discount over when christmas comes around?

JonB
10-26-2001, 07:38 PM
I am pretty sure Coastal Tool sells a velcro backing plate also. My experience was that it came out cheaper to buy the PC fromCoastal and the accessory kit from CMA. Or you can spend the extra few bucks to support our sponsor!!:rolleyes:

H

Bluedog
10-26-2001, 08:10 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by bigboyhf [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>I am pretty sure Coastal Tool sells a velcro backing plate also. My experience was that it came out cheaper to buy the PC fromCoastal and the accessory kit from CMA. Or you can spend the extra few bucks to support our sponsor!!:rolleyes:

H [/b]</blockquote>
well, i jsut did some searching at the coastal tools web site but didnt find the verlcrow backing. i kept read alot about how to use 5" pads on it on the 6" pad and vise versa using counter weights and what not... made things more confusing than i thought it would be...

would i be able ot get the velcro backing plate from CMA? so ill just get that along with the pads form CMA, and then get the PC itself from coastal tools.

JonB
10-26-2001, 09:53 PM
Just get the accessory kit with the velcro backing plate from CMA. I think that it was the same price from Coastal so nothing lost.

H

imported_StitcH
03-25-2010, 10:51 AM
So who here has heard of woot, or sellout.woot?

My friend showed it to me a few weeks ago, and I go on it as often as I remember. I`ve wanted to buy so many things, but have not bought anything yet. I`m really considering that notebook right now, but I`m not sure I want a refurb, and a refurbed gateway at that, lol.

So what have you bought from woot? There was a woot off last night, and I was hoping for a bag of crap to come around, but it never did :(

No links, please. Links were removed by Admin

Husker Z
03-25-2010, 11:00 AM
So who here has heard of woot (www.woot.com), or sellout.woot (http://sellout.woot.com/)?

My friend showed it to me a few weeks ago, and I go on it as often as I remember. I`ve wanted to buy so many things, but have not bought anything yet. I`m really considering that notebook right now, but I`m not sure I want a refurb, and a refurbed gateway at that, lol.

So what have you bought from woot? There was a woot off last night, and I was hoping for a bag of crap to come around, but it never did :(

That`s the first site I check every morning actually. I`ve bought quite a few things off of there. Two Recaro Car Seats, A Logitech remote control, few t-shirts, headphones, etc.

I love it. The Recaro Car Seats were normally $279 and I got them for $99 plus $5 shipping!!

Very cool site, I watched the woot-off all day yesterday.

imported_nbk13nw
03-25-2010, 07:50 PM
Yeah! Been checking them out for a few years. Bought some small things from there just a few months ago.

imported_StitcH
03-25-2010, 08:54 PM
I watched the woot-off all day yesterday.

Nice. It`s ridiculous how fast stuff goes during the woot off. That was the first one I`ve seen actually. I need a laptop now, and I think I`m going to keep checking woot and hope something sweet comes up, lol.

EDIT: Admin removed the links. I seriously can`t post links to something that has absolutely nothing to do with detailing? I don`t see the point, it`s not taking away any business from PAC??