PDA

View Full Version : Surbuf pad use, adding a middle step

bbquer
10-25-2001, 12:42 PM
Can i still use the PC without the counterweight ?

JonB
10-25-2001, 01:01 PM
According to Coastal Tool, the white pad (which has a 5.5" backing) that comes with the PC, can be used with either the 5" or 6" counterweight. They do say that if you are going to be using a 6" backing, which is what the CMA pads require (velcro backing pad) then you should use the 6" weight. I`m sure that it will work fine with either weight but the wear on the bearings may require service much sooner.

H

imported_killerjg
10-25-2001, 03:04 PM
Yes it will work. Like bigboyhf points out possible long term affects.

gmblack3
03-22-2010, 01:01 PM
When I have to correct a car that has severe defects, one that requires more then 1 application of surbuf /M105. I follow with orange/M205 as a middle step, then black/M205 as the final step.

The orange/M205 process can be worked very fast and the black/205 even faster.

This is paint hardness dependant. Some paints really benefit from this extra step which IMO does not really take that much extra time.

So if you are using surbuf/M105 and then straight to black/M205 and are not 100% happy with the results, use the orange/M205 as a middle step.

On some harder clears with lighter colored paints, you will be very surprised how well the orange/M205 finishes out.

All steps above are with a random orbital.

Todd Helme told me a while ago he was using this process as a middle step after using M105 with a rotary.

Here is thread I put together last year about the surbuf pad use:

http://truthindetailing.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=1694&highlight=surbuf

imported_Flash Gordon
03-22-2010, 03:59 PM
When I have to correct a car that has severe defects, one that requires more then 1 application of surbuf /M105. I follow with orange/M205 as a middle step, then black/M205 as the final step.

The orange/M205 process can be worked very fast and the black/205 even faster.

This is paint hardness dependant. Some paints really benefit from this extra step which IMO does not really take that much extra time.

So if you are using surbuf/M105 and then straight to black/M205 and are not 100% happy with the results, use the orange/M205 as a middle step.

On some harder clears with lighter colored paints, you will be very surprised how well the orange/M205 finishes out.

All steps above are with a random orbital.

Todd Helme told me a while ago he was using this process as a middle step after using M105 with a rotary.

Here is thread I put together last year about the surbuf pad use:

http://truthindetailing.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=1694&highlight=surbuf

Nice article Bryan :Santa Smiley:

What do you usually use for your finishing polish or is 205 your finishing polish :Snowman:

gmblack3
03-22-2010, 04:04 PM
Nice article Bryan :Santa Smiley:

What do you usually use for your finishing polish or is 205 your finishing polish :Snowman:

Thanks Flash!

M205 with white or black is my finishing polish.