PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire Wet Diamond durability

imported_killerjg
10-25-2001, 10:18 AM
Has anyone used their PC with PPCL?

JonB
10-25-2001, 11:06 AM
I haven`t yet, but I know that people here do. I think that where the PC shines :cool: is with the applicsation of any kind of polishing material. It is faster and can probably achieve far better results than applying by hand...

H

imported_camaroz28
10-25-2001, 12:51 PM
I have used PPCL with my PC, but it doesn`t count because I had a bad bottle of PPCL. It would dry instantly and was very hard to buff off. CMA sent me a replacement bottle, but I have not had enough time to try it again.

Dolphin463
10-25-2001, 03:51 PM
I tried this about a week ago. PPCL is a great product and works well with the PC. By the time you finish buffing with the PC, there is very little residue, making final removal with a MF towel very easy. I was very pleased with the results. I then layered two coats of Souveran on top (24 hours apart) and the results on the red BMW were stunning.

imported_killerjg
10-25-2001, 04:05 PM
Sounds great. Did you use a white polishing pad?

Dolphin463
10-25-2001, 04:33 PM
Yes, I used the white, velcro-backed, concave pad that came with the CMA kit.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I also used the grey finishing pad this weekend to apply KSG to my wife`s town and country and I think it works very well. The coats go on very thin, especially if you raise the speed when the product begins to haze. Makes removal of the residue very simple.

imported_killerjg
10-25-2001, 05:02 PM
Swing!

rockymountaindetail
03-22-2010, 08:34 AM
Well, if you are not yet tired of hearing how great BFWD is, here`s one more for you.

I detailed the wife`s Scion XA on 10/30 of last year. Pics were posted in shine and show. I clayed , polished and gave it 2 coats of BFWD. Utah winters are as harsh as they come, salt is cheap ( Great Salt Lake ) and they use a lot of it. Also I did no hand washes at all. Every time she fills up with gas she has permission to go through a TOUCHLESS drive through wash. We all know how harsh those soaps are on finishes and I would estimate at least 3 washes per month over these last 5 months.

Yesterday hit almost 60 degrees so it was time for a spring detail for her car. I was expecting most, if not all., of the BFWD to have been slowly degraded over 5 winter months. I was absolutely amazed to see the water beading like I just sealed it last week!!! I washed with Dawn, then had to go back and do a soak with APC and another Dawn wash to get to the point I could polish it. Honestly I could have just washed it and it would have looked good for a few more months!! Of course I didn`t.... it got clayed, Menz Final Polish II and more BFWD. It looks awesome and I could not think of a tougher test on durability than what it just went through.

BFWD ROCKS!!! check out the shine..................

http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo214/wewaxem/blackfire.jpg

imported_Clark
03-22-2010, 08:44 AM
WD is an extremely good sealant, I`ve always been impressed with it and it seems to be getting a bit more deserved recognition now too which is nice!

imported_Luster
03-22-2010, 08:49 AM
Hey Rich.... very nice review and testamonial!

I agree. The only reason I ever add another coat of BFWD is because I like doing it!!! :rofl: Best sealant I`ve ever used.:iagree:

imported_Termigator
03-22-2010, 09:13 AM
Since I usually wax my cars every month (every carwash when I have nothing better to do!:biggrin:), durability is a non-issue, but it`s always nice to know when somebody using the products you like (e.g. Blackfire) gets outstanding durability. It would appear that durability will always be a big, if not the biggest, factor when people look into waxes/sealants.:out:

imported_Roadrunner
03-22-2010, 09:16 AM
I`m with you Rich... BFWD`s like body armor for a car. It`s easy to apply, easy to buff off and it stays there like nothing else I`ve tried. GREAT stuff!:clap:

Nutbread
03-22-2010, 09:24 AM
WD is an extremely good sealant, I`ve always been impressed with it and it seems to be getting a bit more deserved recognition now too which is nice!

How true. Been seeing lots of positive comments on other forums.

bmw5541
03-22-2010, 12:55 PM
You just gotta love that stuff!:clap: