PDA

View Full Version : How many coats

Jeff U
10-24-2001, 08:49 AM
Just saw that picture of your Turbo Bug. Wow. What color is that? It`s hard to tell on the computer.

JonD-2.7tDallas
10-24-2001, 11:34 AM
It`s just your basic black. thanks for the compliment.

lep

mx5
10-24-2001, 12:07 PM
It still amazes me that the car is black and not chrome. :) I wonder if there is some trick he uses he is not telling us about. :) Once I saw that he used Liquid Glass I had to try it and found Liquid Glass to be a good product even if it is old technology.

Hntbambi
03-20-2010, 03:55 PM
What is the number of coats of BFWD that will give better appearance? Is there a noticeable difference between 2 coats and 3 coats, or even more? What is the point of better appearance vice wasting sealer?

We have a 02 Jag X-Type that is emerald green and it looks so sweet when its all cleaned and waxed. I am in the process of polishing it as it has a lot of water marks so its getting 105/205 - BFWD - AGHD treatment. This thing is hardly driven and is garaged so it will be easy to wait between coats of WD.

Thanks!

Legacy99
03-20-2010, 05:38 PM
What is the number of coats of BFWD that will give better appearance? Is there a noticeable difference between 2 coats and 3 coats, or even more? What is the point of better appearance vice wasting sealer?

We have a 02 Jag X-Type that is emerald green and it looks so sweet when its all cleaned and waxed. I am in the process of polishing it as it has a lot of water marks so its getting 105/205 - BFWD - AGHD treatment. This thing is hardly driven and is garaged so it will be easy to wait between coats of WD.

Thanks!2 coats for even coverage, anything more would be redundant.

imported_Luster
03-20-2010, 05:45 PM

Thanks!

Most people say that after 2 coats, you really can`t tell a difference visually or for added protection.

I like to add a layer of BFWD on my Corvettes every couple weeks because.....

It looks great, immediately after applying.

Makes it super-slick!

I just love doing it and it makes me happy!

Before I got my polisher, I had applied Z2Pro (another excellent sealant) to my black Grand Prix over 100 times in two years. Did it add protection? Did I waste product? Did it waste my time and energy? I don`t know and don`t care.

Did it make the appearance wetter and deeper? Absolutely without a doubt.

NEVER polished it, yet I had the wettest black paint I`ve ever seen.

In two years, I brought home over 50 trophies, including several Best of Class, Best Paint and Best of Show. No one week went by that I wasn`t asked if it was "Custom Paint". I`ve used the same approach with Blackfire on my Vettes.

Here`s my opinion. If you keep adding more BFWD, it will just keep looking better and better.

As far as wasting product, you`re using less than 1/2 ounce on that Jag, so I wouldn`t worry about that!

(Again, these are my opinions, and I`m sure I`m wrong! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:)

Old Pirate
03-20-2010, 05:51 PM
I tell folks to go with 2 coats, but you may apply as many as you want. :wizard:

imported_zoraduntov
03-20-2010, 05:53 PM
You might not be wrong . Maybe you can layer waxes and sealants on top of each other for deeper gloss . Just let each coat cure all the way .

bmw5541
03-20-2010, 06:41 PM
I would say that 2 coats will do just fine. All of us here at TID know that Luster is compulsively anal, so he likes to use a lot of product (just kidding Bill):cornut:

It will probably add something if you add more coats. Just do what looks good to you. Experiment with it and you can then decide what you like to do.

Hntbambi
03-20-2010, 06:57 PM
Thanks guys! I did 2 coats on my Avalanche and it turned out nice. I will try a few and see how it looks.

Ya`ll rock!

imported_Luster
03-20-2010, 07:09 PM
All of us here at TID know that Luster is compulsively anal, so he likes to use a lot of product (just kidding Bill):cornut:

I wouldn`t say I like to use a LOT of product... but I like to apply it a LOT of times!!! (I know you`re just kidding!)

"Blackfire me... Blackfire me!"]

I`ll be back.:devil:

Street Dreams
03-20-2010, 08:13 PM
I would apply no more than 2 in 24hrs. But if you want more than I dont see why not adding another 1 or 2 after a few days if ya feel like it.

imported_zoraduntov
03-20-2010, 09:22 PM
I agree with the above post . One coat a day also may be a way to go .
What about Liquid glass ? They say after 24 coats , your paint will become chip resistant ? I`m not so sure about that .