PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Ford F-250 FX4

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

autopia
10-24-2001, 03:16 AM
Okay, I admit it, I`m going a little too far... but I love you guys!

Please give me feedback on my first (and maybe only) video product test/demo. Write up coming later...

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/porcab74ulde.html (`http://www.autopia-carcare.com/porcab74ulde.html`)

By the way... DSL and Cable users only.

;)

db

Bluedog
10-24-2001, 04:12 AM
AMAZING! i must say i learned a heck of alot from those videos alone. each very informative, short and straight to the point, lots of info within such a short amount of time. makes me want to get a porter cable too! i never imagined it being so easy to use. it looks so light too.

clear picture, very professional, audible discriptions, and a very noticeable result in the paint when u were done with it! amazing i must say!

i think u need to to more of these. thats if u have the time. who is the guy in the videos anyways? is that david b? might be a dumb question but im still relatively new i guess:D

again, awesome super duper job!

Bluedog
10-24-2001, 04:14 AM
oh i would also like to add... when i clicked on each link, for some reason my comp either does an illegal operation or it freezes my comp. it could just be my amazingly trustworthy AOL....:rolleyes: so i ended up just saving it.

oh well, these videos are definitley something i would like to save on my hard drive anyways.

imported_Ronin
10-24-2001, 08:05 AM
Good show! Looks like a PC is relatively easy to use. David, I take it you are an advocate of the PC? You mentioned that you could not have produced the resulting finish on the Porsche by hand...

It looks like the benefits of a PC are increased results in the finish and a decrease in time needed to produce the resulting finish? If so, I may have to consider getting one. Once again, nice job and thanks for your time!

:up

Brad B
10-24-2001, 08:07 AM
I`m thinking Emmy! I haven`t seen such riveting footage since Tim "the tool man" Taylor went off the air! Two thumbs up!:up :up

Langley Interior Car Kare
10-24-2001, 08:43 AM
fantastic stuff...words are fine...pictures are so much better....but video is the best......even the little things like spreading the polish with the pad(on PC) before turning it on....i never knew that.....the blackfire got my juices going too....

i was thinking are you going to play yourself in the video......maybe....Tom Cruise...Brad Pitt....you`ll become a babe magnet!!:D

seriously.....if those little clips are just the beginning i cant wait for the final stuff,....GREAT JOB:up

thanks as always

mx5
10-24-2001, 09:08 AM
Someday you are going to have to charge for the abundance of info on this site. :) Great sounding, high-quality vids.

dengelson
10-24-2001, 10:00 AM
Wow David your videos are terrific! :up I learned a lot and I <strong class=`bbc`>need[/b] one of those. Watching your technique in action has done wonders to increase my confidence for using a PC.

One thing that surprised me a little was when you went accross the fender. I expected to see you continue moving from front to back. I`m guessing that with a random orbital polishing motion that a front to back on the horizontal surfaces and an up and down motion on the vertical surfaces isn`t necessary.

Thanks for sharing your expertise with us. :up :up

Bobby G
10-24-2001, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the feedback... I will finish the test write-up today and let you all know it`s available.

I`ve wanted to do video clips for a long time. My fear is that not enough people have broadband/high-speed internet access, and I would get too many complaints.

Now that I can do videos, I have a house with a tiny garage, making it all the more difficult... not to mention the camera babe who likes to dance around in front of my lighting.

Anyway, your responses are encouraging. I will continue to develop video product and technique demos.

Stay tuned for a lot more!

PS... with the exception of Ng Luder, did everyone`s media play open and play the clips automatically? Also, how long did it take to download each clip, and what speed connection do you have?

:cool:

db

mx5
10-24-2001, 10:21 AM
Your bandwidth costs are going to go through the roof if you start adding more high quality videos. :)

dengelson
10-24-2001, 10:25 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by DavidB [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Stay tuned for a lot more!

did everyone`s media play open and play the clips automatically? Also, how long did it take to download each clip, and what speed connection do you have?[/b]</blockquote>
There`s more? I won`t touch that dial! :D David you are cooler than the other side of the pillow. :cool:

I have a DSL connection here at work. The videos opened and started playing when they finished loading. The first one was pretty quick like 30 seconds. Then I knew that I wanted to see them all so I opened up the first half (about 5) and it took about a minute. Then I was able to go through and watch them in quick succession. Then I opened the balance and the second batch of 5 vids took about a minute and a half to two minutes to load. The times are just rough estimates and I had a couple of other internet sessions opened at the same time.

Bobby G
10-24-2001, 10:27 AM
waxman... you`re not kidding. We`re already at 21GB data transfer for the month. Geez... slow down, people! Do you know how much 21GB of data is? That would nearly fill Brad`s garage with printed paper.

imported_Ronin
10-24-2001, 11:03 AM
I have a T1 connection and I would guess that it took 30-90 seconds for the clips to open and play.

Bobby G
10-24-2001, 11:33 AM
I have two connections coming into my home office, a DSL (384KB) and Cable (2MB). It takes about 45 seconds with the DSL circuit and about 20 seconds on the Cable. If I had to wait too much longer, I think I`d get frustrated with it. Maybe I need to look into compression and streaming technologies. Anyone have experience in this area?

edgewise
10-24-2001, 11:49 AM
Great to see that I used my PC the same way the first time (minus the products he used)...my advice was from a pro detailer in person, glad you guys are consistent in your methods.

One question arises, though. I was instructed to avoid the wool pad (use it as a backing pad rather) and strictly use the foam pads for buffing and polishing (2 separate pads for each product)...any comments to this?