PDA

View Full Version : polish defined?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

edgewise
10-22-2001, 02:01 PM
Zaino gets a C- :p
My Griots Carnauba gets a B+ :)

http://www.thewaxtest.com/ (`http://www.thewaxtest.com/`)

edgewise
10-22-2001, 02:17 PM
FYI:Some are reporting a "no-go" on Netscape (Probably depends on version) so I suggest using Internet Explorer.

Cybercowboy
10-22-2001, 02:19 PM
Pinnacle is the only stuff to rate an A-. It is a carnuba so too bad it only lasts about 2 weeks or so.

Sal Zaino is gruff.

I am a member of a cult. And Zaino isn`t very reflective.

Klasse is really suspect - why would anybody like it?

Uh, does anybody know where I can go for deprogramming? I have been brainwashed by shinyness.

:D

edgewise
10-22-2001, 02:24 PM
Pinnacle was a B, P21S was the only A-.

edgewise
10-22-2001, 02:25 PM
I might add, the guy posted in Roadfly that they are also doing longevity tests, and will be posting the results as time passes by.

I might add, I was skeptical of this site until I read the reviews. I`ve been using waxes since 1975 (when I got my first car) and though I haven`t used every wax, I certainly agreed with their analysis in many of the catagories they covered on the waxes I have tried in the past. I`m very happy with Griots Carnauba, my latest wax that I`m trying out, and may try the P21S.

"Sir, the emporer has no clothes on!"

;)

Bobby G
10-22-2001, 02:28 PM
One thing is for sure... they hate www.autobarn.com and are quite biased towards www.autodetail.com. I also don`t get their dislike for Zaino. Maybe they tried to use it like a traditional wax. And, what`s this... P21S better than Souveran. Hmm...

edgewise
10-22-2001, 02:32 PM
Zaino:

"Notes: We were shocked with our results, as Zaino has a "cult-like" following on many internet forum-based sites. Here`s our gripes: Very complex application procedures, requiring many, many hours of "waiting" between coats, per manufacturers recommendations. We applied our products in low-humidity conditions, with ambient temperature in the low 70`s, per directions. The #1 went on easily, but really smelled bad. We left that on without buffing off. Then we applied #2, and let it dry for over one hour. We tested the surface to see if it had bonded, and we buffed it off using a large, white, Fieldcrest towel (required by Zaino directions!). The results were nothing impressive. We sprayed with #6 and waited 6 hours before applying another coat of #2. After 2nd coat of #2, using same procedures as before, the panel still looked unimpressive. We sprayed with #6 and let cure for 24 hours. We then applied #5 and let it sit for an hour, buffed with large, white Fieldcrest towel (a different one), and measured the results after a final wipe down with #6. And they claim it`s easy to use... Add to this that the web (& supplied) instructions are full of typo`s, and that the Zaino products are only available through their website, and that they DON`T take credit cards and things start to get uglier. We chatted with Sal Zaino, and found him to be nice, but `gruff`. We`re stumped as to why everyone loves this stuff so much, so we`re trying the product on a different panel, and will report the results."

NoviceNut
10-22-2001, 02:32 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Cybercowboy [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Uh, does anybody know where I can go for deprogramming? I have been brainwashed by shinyness.
[/b]</blockquote>
they also chastised liquid glass for being toxic.
umm. i believe almost all liquid waxes contained some sort of solvent like aliphatic hydrocarbons.

the only thing liquid glass did was be forthcoming about the ingredients. that is something that should be commended.

imported_Intermezzo
10-22-2001, 02:34 PM
They`re stumped as to why we love Z & Klasse so much. We`re all just a bunch of idiots.

Plus, Sal is gruff..yeah, that`s really important in determining how good a product is.

Klasse AIO doesn`t smell nice.....that deserves a demerit.

Yeah, very complex...... put on Z-1, put on Z-2, remove Z-2.....where did I lose you?

edgewise
10-22-2001, 02:35 PM
Hehe, funny how defensive folks become of "their" products. :D

BradE
10-22-2001, 02:39 PM
This is not ment to be a flame, but the more I read on this site the more I disagree with it. Below are my opinions of the test, no flaming....just my opinion.

I noticed that the site stated that the results from Klasse and Zaino were "unimpressive" and that for overall Klasse got a "C" and Zaino got a "C-" That means that the products are average. I totaly disagree with this. I have tried literally hundreds of products are Klasse and Zaino are far from average. They are among the best products that I have ever used.

Zaino got a "D" for application. In the world of car products, its does not get much easier to apply than Zaino. Also, a "C-" for smoothness, that really shocked me. Every car I have touched with Zaino has been super slick, you can put a towel on the surface and it will slide right off.

Klasse only got "C`s" in Gloss, Depth, and Reflectivity. I dont agree with this either In my experience, Klasse if far better than average in those departments. I have Klasse on 3 of my 4 cars, and the results are simply stunning.

I noticed that Zymol got a "C" for application ease. Zymol has to the biggest PITA to use and buff off. I tired it and was very dissapointed with it. The durabiliy was horrible, it only lasted about 1 week.

The "Final Results" in the High End Wax section the tops picks were all waxes, and polymer sealants were all under "not reccomended" IMO polymer sealants are great products, but this test gives the impression that they are crap. I don`t think that is fair at all. I know people that compete in Concours events that use polymers, so I dont think they are as bad as this test portrays them to be. I use both the Klasse and Zaino system, and they are far far better than just average products. In my uses of both of them, they produce a stunning shine everytime with minimal work or effort.

The final results are impacted a great deal by the condion of the paint to start with, they prep, and they application of the product. I have gotten amazing results with Klasse and Zaino. Results that no wax has been able to come close to.

Whew, thats enough typing :) Again, this is not a flame...just my opinion.

edgewise
10-22-2001, 02:44 PM
I think we can all agree that technique is much more important to the outcome than the `High Quality" waxes are. So, to me, they`re all contenders. Its the application/removal method and periodic finish maintainence thats more important, as far as I`m concerned.

BradE
10-22-2001, 02:47 PM
Actually, I think good prep of the surface is the most important, then application.

adjulian
10-22-2001, 02:52 PM
why don`t you just try them, and if you don`t like them, then no big deal. I agree completely with Showroom, I was a novice at detailing prior to being exposed to this site and having used Zaino for several months now, it is practically idiot proof and produced a wonderful shine and protection. I have also just recently used Klasse and found that to be extremely easy to use (with Blitz) with stunning results. Reviews are simply opinions and until they come out with some recognized scale that everyone in the detailing world can agree on, that is all they are...opinions. I am not going to trust someone elses review of a product until I try it myself.

Just my .02

DETAILKING
10-22-2001, 02:58 PM
and even if that is the case some of the reviews don`t make sense.....