PDA

View Full Version : So, Anyone Intrested In A Jetpack.....

Pages : [1] 2

Neeraj
10-19-2001, 06:22 PM
I found out about this board about a month ago.

Boy, do I love it.

I`ve been reading almost every post listed here and have replied to a few.

So, I figured I would post some pics of my car.

And, yes, I am a Zaino fanatic.

Brian

Neeraj
10-19-2001, 06:26 PM
Top Down

Neeraj
10-19-2001, 06:30 PM
Top up.

DETAILKING
10-19-2001, 06:49 PM
eom

JonB
10-19-2001, 07:58 PM
Thats a beauty!! Steel Blue was my first choice, but my wife picked Steel Gray. The Zaino sure lights up! :up

H

nerdhunters
10-19-2001, 09:41 PM
Nice car and you seem to have the detailing down too. Welcome!

Neeraj
10-19-2001, 09:57 PM
Well, I guess that describes just about everyone here - Anal Detailers.

I`ve been honing my detailing skills for years, thought I had it down until I came across this board.

I have already learned quite a few tips and tricks. Like Micro Fiber towels, bought my first ones last week. They work great.

I`ve been at the bimmer.org board since I got my car (about 6 months or so). Now, after finding this board, I`m not going to have enough time to do my job.

I wonder if there is a way I could get paid for reading posts??

Brian

JasonC8301
10-19-2001, 10:17 PM
That is very detailed and clean.

I see many cars, MB`s and BMW`s with a heavy coat of black brake dust on the wheels and even worse paint, the main culprit swirls.

Paid for reading posts???? I wish!!!

Jason

ISLANDSBEST
10-20-2001, 12:11 AM
Nice. Thanks.

Langley Interior Car Kare
10-20-2001, 12:30 AM
do with the convertible top.........i dotn ahve one......just give me a quik run down on whats it`s like to care for that all the time...............thx...

ps....i think cybercowboy would love that plate...:D

YoSteve
10-20-2001, 12:40 AM
nice car and nice pics! shwing!!! ;)

it looks so warm there :cool:

Neeraj
10-20-2001, 12:51 AM
Here`s what I do with the top:

Half of the time I wash it along with the car. I wash the top first using a shampoo made for canvas tops. I`ve used BMW, Porche, and RaggTopp shampoo. I like RaggTopp the best. I wet the top, then either spray the cleaner (RaggTopp, BMW), or mix the shampoo with water in a bucket (Porche). I use a regular large sponge to massage the top. I`ve tried brushes and sheep mits, but they leave bristles/hair imbedded in the top. Pain to remove. Anyway, after sponging, I rinse the top very well. I take a P21S drying towel and blot the whole top, which is almost completely dry after. Then I do the rest of the car.

Every 6 months or so, I apply a protectant. I like RaggTopp`s protectant best, it seems to have excellent water repellency. I realized it was great when I went to wash it the following week. I could not get the water and soap to soak in at all. Applying is cumbersome. I partially open the top, then put newspaper at all the cracks, then lower the top on top of the newspaper to shield the rest of the car from the protectant spray. RaggTopp says you don`t have to do this, and you can just wipe off overspray, but I did not find it easy, so I mask off everything.

Now, since the protectant works so well, I do not wash it everytime I wash the car. I just run over it with a lint collector (the ones that are sticky like masking tape) to remove any lint/fibers that have collected.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions.

Brian

Andre'
10-20-2001, 12:52 AM
Nice ride , and good work:up

Lemonxxs
10-20-2001, 08:42 AM
Do I see a fellow person from the great warm state of Louisiana?Yeah I do. Geaux TIGERS!

Nice ride Brian! Do the ladies stare at you when the top is down?

Well off to do my saturday volunteer work at the Baseball park wearing shorts! Gonna be in the low 80`s today.

Yeah, Steve it is hot again.

Everyone plan their Mardi Gras trips early this year. Gonna be the best one yet.

RedVR6
10-20-2001, 09:02 AM
Hubba hubba...nice looking car! One of my favorites!