PDA

View Full Version : best polishing wool

ihetenyi
10-19-2001, 12:44 PM
What do you guys use to protect your exhaust tips (and any other uncoated metal) from rust/corrosion? I use never dull for cleaning, but I’m not sure what people have tried for protection. Anyone try the Wenol combo from Cma?

Thanks

Steve

mx5
10-19-2001, 12:54 PM
I asked the same question last week and I was told due to the heat there would not be much to protect them. Most protectants cannot stand that much heat. Blackfire is supposed to protect against high heat, though. I guess you could try rubbing motor oil all over it but that might smell once the oil starts to heat up. :)

bmerjorge21
10-19-2001, 12:54 PM
Klasse for me!! :)

JasonC8301
10-19-2001, 01:54 PM
i would second the Klasse recommendation.

I used to use it on my brass belt buckle, but had to polish everyweek anyway, so i just stick to brasso for this. Leaves a more glossy but less durable finish IMHO.

Jason

imported_glfahlc
03-14-2010, 01:05 PM
i just bought used chrome wheels for the bimmer and want to polish them to the brightest brilliance possible. would#0000 steel or fine bronze wool be the better one to use. just ordered some gords polish to clean and polish front and back before i install them on the car. pics to follow... anyone used both or either wools and whats your opinion on there polishing ability...

imported_Roadrunner
03-14-2010, 06:42 PM
I wouldn`t use steel wool on `em at first! You might scratch the livin` daylights of them. About the only place I ever use steel wool is the insides of some exhaust pipes.

After cleaning them up as best as possible, including a clay treatment... Try your metal polish with a soft microfiber you don`t mind staining and see where you`re at. You`ll probably have to make a few passes at each wheel to really bring the shine.
After you`re finished with the polishing don`t forget to seal `em up well.

TOGWT
03-15-2010, 05:28 AM
Cleaning Chrome Wheels

Use a product that doesn?t contain harsh solvents, petroleum distillates or ammonia. P21s Metal Polishing Soap ? formula is a pH controlled, acid free, water based detergent, a pleasant-smelling, non-toxic soap, which allows you to clean and polish in one quick and easy step (not intended for use on painted, clear coated or anodized surfaces) it is a solid, clay-based (Kaolin) cleaner that applies with its own sponge. Simply wet the sponge with clean water and squeeze the sponge to create lather and then begin polishing, finally rinse with clean water.

This formula was specially designed to release deeply embedded contaminates like brake dust, fresh tar, road grime, oxidation and more. While cleaning the surface it is also polishing the wheel surface. Protect the surface with a polymer sealant (Zaino, Rejex, or etc)

Polishing chrome ? Deep Chrome Polish or Blue-Job Chrome Polish is formulated to remove the blue without scratching the chrome finish, it is completely safe for you and the environment. It?s non-toxic, non-irritating, and all natural; pH balanced, and does not generate noxious fumes. It contains no acids, petroleum distillates, harsh chemicals, or wax.

Note- some ?high polished? chrome and aluminium wheels (including those that come stock on Corvette C6) have a clear coat applied; if so don?t use an abrasive polish on them. Polishing Soap is non-toxic and biodegradable

imported_Roadrunner
03-15-2010, 07:13 AM
Great advice TOGWT... thanks!:D

imported_glfahlc
03-15-2010, 04:57 PM
i saw that p21s polishing soap somewhere..thanks TOGWT... i`ll find it

imported_TLMitchell
03-15-2010, 06:29 PM
i saw that p21s polishing soap somewhere..thanks TOGWT... i`ll find it

If you`ve got a Harley dealer nearby the S100 polishing soap is the same product far as I can tell.

TL

imported_glfahlc
03-15-2010, 09:27 PM
i found it on pac`s site... man, jack and his folks got just about whatever you`d want or need. its on its way....