PDA

View Full Version : Body Shops in Tampa, FL

bbquer
10-17-2001, 12:05 AM
is there a way of repairing the chips on the edge of the doors ? ( resulting from accidently hitting a wall when opening the door ?

i`m thinking of repairing them.. but i`m not sure how to go about it..

Brad B
10-17-2001, 07:59 AM
In a nutshell the goal is to lay in tiny amounts of touch up paint into the chip. Gradually build up over the level of the surface then flatten to match the surface level.

Check the FAQ`s and tips in Autopia for important details. Write back with specific questions.

Good luck.:up

staro0989
03-12-2010, 02:41 PM
Hey guys,

I wanted to know if anyone can point me in the right direction for a body shop in Tampa. My sister was in accident, and it wasn`t her fault so I would like the best possible shop. I read a couple places the Gene Perez Body Shop is good, but any other recommendations? My parents had the vehicle sent to New Finish Mobile Paint and couldn`t find anything on them (my parents are stubborn/impatient and won`t let me do research prior to them sending it out for appraisal and repair, so they called a Honda dealer and they were pointed to New Finish but I am still skeptical).

Thanks

imported_doctordon
03-12-2010, 03:01 PM
R&S Auto Body - 4102 North Armenia between Tampa Bay Blvd & Dr. MLK. They have been in business since 1970 and do great work.

imported_broker99
03-12-2010, 07:17 PM
Not in Tampa but I just got my car back from Pinellas Auto in Clearwater and they did a great job. My car is silver and they did a really good job of matching the paint. This is the second time I have used them and I was happy each time and I am picky.

Old Pirate
03-12-2010, 08:50 PM
I second that on the Pinellas Auto and Countryside Ford Body shop. Both had repair vehicles for me in the past and both done right by me. The only thing I always find is the detailing/Buffing area needs improvement by all of them.