PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Jack`s World!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

imported_Termigator
04-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Hi Jack.

Just curious: How do you determine whether to use UPS or USPS? I put in an order sometime last month and it came by USPS in 3 or 4 days (I was actually a little disappointed because I`m used to next day delivery from UPS.;)). Then about 2 or 3 weeks ago, I made another order and that one came the next day via UPS.

Junebug
04-01-2010, 09:54 PM
I like TID and support PAC whenever I can, only thing I`d like to see is some videos of say - Todd doing a KBM with different buffers, pads, etc. Now, that would be cool.

Puckman
04-02-2010, 08:51 AM
Puckman, check out Bill in the Post your Picture Thread. Any comment of the F-1 season so far? :Car smiley:

jk

Well, Ferrari is off and running. They look extremely strong so far as I expected. Hamilton`s little radio "tiff" about the team`s tire change mid race in Australia sounded interesting. I`m not so sure he likes playing a support role to Button and he hasn`t been finishing where he expects to be (every race).

My man is Robert Kubica. I think he is a stellar driver and his talents may bring Renault up front for a few races this season.

Schumi is probably just getting warmed up but I certainly expect him to start qualifying higher and finishing higher on Sunday!!! So far he`s finished down 2 positions from his grid starts, finished up 1 in Bahrain and down 3 in Australia but again, we`ll check back at mid season and it may be different!

I`m also wondering if Red Bull may lead the "mid pack" runners too. Vettel is stunning in a race car but I`ll be watching him too.

One of my favorite circuits is this weekend. Malaysia!!! (In addition to Spa, Monaco and Imola) I happened to be up last night and tuned into the live timing of the first practice session on the F1 website. Seb Beumi and Kubica were lightning fast putting up low 1.34`s. If you haven`t seen it, the F1 Official website has in car videos that are a must see. Check out Alonso`s video from Australia last weekend. I try to immerse myself behind the wheel and it amazes me the steel nerves those guys have to go THAT FAST at the limit of adhesion on a memorized perfect racing line. Don`t forget to keep looking ahead as if your driving. Gives me goosebumps to watch those vid`s!!!

Enjoy, my friend. To me it`s the pinnacle of the planet with regard to racing! Absolutely the top of the species in those cars (Ok, maybe only a little better than GP Superbikes).

Zeta Detail
04-18-2010, 08:32 AM
Hello Jack,

Would it be possible to have the international shipping rates published on PAC`s webpage prior to sending in the order? It would be of great help to potential overseas customers to know how much shipping would be.
Thanks for listening to us here at the forums.

Zeta Detail from Madrid, Spain

scottrS4avant
06-15-2010, 11:20 PM
I don`t know you, but the more I hear from you, the cooler you get.
#1, you obviously like Audis
#2, you like F1
#3, I love your company, and have always had great experiences with them
*the website with the recommendations and how-to`s is fantastic, I can literally spend hours deciding on what to buy next
#4(how this is #4, I don`t know), 337!!!!
-a former r.mate got one of the last ones sold new in Atlanta(because of me) -I had an 86 Audi 4kq, and someone ran a red light and totaled it
*r.mate would not sell his 337 to me, and told me to get a 20AE(which were just rumors at the time, since it was early January 2003)
-5 months and 15 days later, I had the first Black Magic Pearl 20th Ann.Ed. in Atlanta(one happy boy)
-shortly after 5/15/03(purchase date) I found Proper Auto Care, and...much money was spent(P21S kit...still using it, refilled almost all components)

2 questions:
1. Jack, since you are such an F1 fan, are you playing the F1 Fantasy game on Speed`s website? I love fantasy football, and F1, so this was a no-brainer for me. I`m currently at 1681, with Germany being my chosen race(for double-points). If you are playing what is your points total?

2.What`s your current car list, or just your daily?
-mine is a recently purchased(just over a year) B5 S4 Avant(6-speed) silver(black interior, not the Alcantra, just the black leather)

Keep up the good work, I always recommend your website to fellow car enthusiasts.

scottrS4avant

Jack Kruer
06-25-2010, 05:08 PM
I don`t know you, but the more I hear from you, the cooler you get.
#1, you obviously like Audis
#2, you like F1
#3, I love your company, and have always had great experiences with them
*the website with the recommendations and how-to`s is fantastic, I can literally spend hours deciding on what to buy next
#4(how this is #4, I don`t know), 337!!!!
-a former r.mate got one of the last ones sold new in Atlanta(because of me) -I had an 86 Audi 4kq, and someone ran a red light and totaled it
*r.mate would not sell his 337 to me, and told me to get a 20AE(which were just rumors at the time, since it was early January 2003)
-5 months and 15 days later, I had the first Black Magic Pearl 20th Ann.Ed. in Atlanta(one happy boy)
-shortly after 5/15/03(purchase date) I found Proper Auto Care, and...much money was spent(P21S kit...still using it, refilled almost all components)

2 questions:
1. Jack, since you are such an F1 fan, are you playing the F1 Fantasy game on Speed`s website? I love fantasy football, and F1, so this was a no-brainer for me. I`m currently at 1681, with Germany being my chosen race(for double-points). If you are playing what is your points total?

2.What`s your current car list, or just your daily?
-mine is a recently purchased(just over a year) B5 S4 Avant(6-speed) silver(black interior, not the Alcantra, just the black leather)

Keep up the good work, I always recommend your website to fellow car enthusiasts.

scottrS4avant

Hi Scott,

I am sorry this took so long to get back to you. I have been slammed with some major projects for PAC :redface:. Going through your list I have the following answers:

1) I have loved Audis ever since I owned my ?86 Coupe GT. This car was on Car & Drivers ?Ten Best? list every year it was available in the states. It was the car the original Quattro was based on. I have also followed them in racing from the days in Trans Am, IMSA GT and of course all of those victories in the ALMS. The first time I saw their diesels run I was shocked at how quiet they were.
2) I have been a long time F-1 fan. Even back when Jimmy Clark was alive. I remember the day he died, very sad. I love the technology and the shear speed they can go around a corner. I have watched them go around that ninety degree corner at Canada and it was like watching Michael Jordan shoot a basket ball. You sit there and think.. how can they possibly do that!!!
3) I am happy to hear you are pleased with our company. While I believe we do a good job, I also believe we have a ways to go. We still manage to drop the ball every once in a while? but, I think we are good about admitting our mistakes and honestly try to correct them. We have some major changes coming this fall that will help us along these lines.
4) Yeah, I owned a 337. Few people know what they are because they are not a Porsche or a Ferrari. It was a great car, not expensive and everything a VW GTI should have always been. They only imported 1500 of them to the U.S. and 250 more to Canada. They were ?allocated? to the dealerships. I lived in Grand Rapids, Michigan at the time and there were 3-4 VW dealers in town. My dealer was one of the bigger ones in town and they only got 2 of them. It was funny because I had read about them in Car & Drive in 2001 and thought it would be the perfect toy car. I was actually working for PAC as the GM at the time. I moved back to Michigan, and in August of 2002, a friend of mine called me up and asked if I would be interested in one. I of course said ?Yes? and says, ?give me a deposit for $500 right now, come down and drive it tonight and you can only drive it around the block. You have to tell me tonight if you want it or not.? I drove it and bought it on the spot. They were a prized VW at the time and they got Sticker plus tax for them. In California, I had heard they were getting $5k over sticker. I sold it (along with everything else) to raise money to buy into this business.
I currently drive a Chrysler Pacifica. (Yes, they are really fast Sleep). I started driving them when I was a manufacturer?s rep in the electronics? industry in Michigan and needed the space. I would like to get either a Corvette, Audi TTS, or an ?R? version VW CC. But I would probably have to get motorized carts for my warehouse workers first.

I don?t play the fantasy game. I have thought about it, but frankly between running the business, playing with new products, keeping up with the house, child raising, all of those other "things" in life,time starts to run out. I have however recorded all of the races since 1986 and do on occasion go back and look at an old one. A good Senna/Prost fight or Mansell whining about something, Schumacher?s first race at Spa, etc? I think the cars looked better then also. Yes, I do love F-1.

Again, I apologize for the delay in answering you. I will not be so long next time. Thanks alot for your questions.

jk

scottrS4avant
06-26-2010, 10:29 PM
No problem, I completely understand. I know what you mean about work/raising a family and other obligations, but the F1 game only takes up about 30-45 minutes per race weekend(since you can only make 3 moves per race.) I spend a lot more time on Fant.Football, so yeah, this fantasy game has a lot less time required.

86 Coupe GT...crazy, my friend who got me into Audis had 2 different ones, a white 86, and a red 87. He moved on to Coupe Quattros after that(I think he had 2-3 black ones, all at different points in time, but consecutive.)

337 story, that is very close to my old roommate`s story. He asked me about GTIs one Sunday, I told him about the greatness of the 1.8T, and said I had to show him an article on a very special one in C/D when I got home. After he saw the article, he was so excited, he dragged me to a closed dealer just to see if we could get a glimpse of a 337. The next day I`m at work, and he calls to say he just bought a 337. Basically, he went to Jim Ellis Atlanta, and asked about the 337, and the salesman says, "Pal, this is your lucky day, we just had a customer cancel their order for this one, an hour ago"....my friend says "I`ll take it!" Then he drove it around the block, and signed his life over, since he was not planning on buying a new car that day.

I have only been into F1, for about 5 years now, but I do have an appreciation for the times of old, and I have been a Schumi fan since day 1(of my F1 interest.) I was a bit skeptical this year, and have been very surprised Nico has been able to outperform him in almost every race, but I do realize he is still getting warmed up again.

I have been to every Petit Le Mans race at Road Atlanta, but have never been to an F1 race, but I have heard the exact comment you said(about Canada) from someone who has gone. He said every year they go to the same corner(in Canada), and every single time the cars come around the corner he says he is sure that they will never make it through going that fast, and he was wrong every time. I don`t work with him anymore, so I don`t know if he was there for Kubica`s wreck or not, but he definitely did not make the corner that time.

I put my money where my mouth is, and ordered about $125 worth of your inventory last weekend...after I spent about 4 hours(over 2 nights) deciding on what to buy for my new-to-me baby, S4 Avant. Never had a car with leather before, so that`s what brought me to this forum, and where I spent most of my time deciding on which leather care products to go with. I went with the Lexol deluxe kit, for $40. I also went with the Spring Clean kit(to get a new P21S kit) and a claybar kit, to hopefully cover up some of the scratches in my paint the previous owner(s) put in it.

Keep up the good work, and I look foward to seeing the new changes. If they are for the worst, I promise to let you know.

I`m just glad your daily is not a Crossfire...not a fan. To me, its just a rebadged Prowler. I`m sure they are not related, but neither are worthy of being called a sports car. Can`t really go wrong with a Corvette, especially a Z-06...or the new ZR-1 super car. The CC is absolutely gorgeous, I love that sedan. You can always go with an older fun car, for not much money...you know as a place to put your `extra` money, while the banks are figuring things out.

Scott
B5 S4 Avant(6spd.)