PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars APC On Carpets

Pages : [1] 2

mx5
10-15-2001, 01:17 PM
Has anyone tried these brake dust shields?
http://www.herringtoncatalog.com/m178.html (`http://www.herringtoncatalog.com/m178.html`)

imported_Brad
10-15-2001, 03:49 PM
Yes I have. THe disadvantages of the shields (The originals were called Kleed Wheels) is that they obstruct the airflow cooling of the brake assemblies resulting in greater risk of warping rotors and brake fade if the car is driven aggressively.

spartacus_33
10-15-2001, 03:53 PM
I have a set from Kleenwheels.com They work great and I have them on two cars. They are vented to prevent heat buildup, but most people I know use them only in the front. [as I did] I wish I ordered the full set. Forever cure for break dust.www.kleenwheels.com

Lemonxxs
10-15-2001, 04:00 PM
I prefer the site of nice looking painted calipers behind the wheels myself.

JonB
10-15-2001, 05:00 PM
I looked at the dust shields cuz the 330i with the SP wheels are incredibly dusty, especially the front ones. But the shields are black and with so much open space in the rims, I don`t think it would look so good. The oversized brake caliper and disc is much nicer to look at. Trade-off... I applied a coat of AIO and now just use EF Hi or Amazing Rolloff and a little scrub with an OXO. I do that once a week and just rinse them in the middle of the week if it was driven in the rain (rain really globs the dust).

Maybe if they made the shield and painted it to look like a brake caliper and disc!!

H

YoSteve
10-15-2001, 05:44 PM
I agree, on some wheels they would look better then on others. I have some big gaps in my wheels and black "plates" would look awkward.

I think if you have a big yellow million start wheel like the one in the pic that you should have this product :D

Husker Z
03-09-2010, 09:31 AM
For those of you using the Meg APC on carpet, what have you found to be the best dilution ratio? I just ordered a gallon from PAC yesterday after every post I read, someone is using it for some other cleaning method on their cars!! I have my sis-in-law`s van coming up and I know that the carpet is completely trashed, so I though this might help me get through it.

Thanks in advance.

I also ordered some P21s Gel Wheel cleaner since my Volvo brakes are the dustiest brakes known to man!!

Thanks PAC!! :Dancing Dot:

imported_Jokeman
03-09-2010, 09:38 AM
I usually use the APC+ at 10:1 on carpet.

Husker Z
03-09-2010, 09:42 AM
That was where I was planning on starting. I plan on using the APC and then extract with my little Bissell Spot-Bot and go from there.

imported_Indy YZF
03-09-2010, 10:49 AM
I just did my truck (in show and shine forum) and used APC on the carpets at 10:1, followed up by the Bissell Little Green Machine. Worked good at removing the salt and food stains on the carpets.

Husker Z
03-09-2010, 11:04 AM
I just did my truck (in show and shine forum) and used APC on the carpets at 10:1, followed up by the Bissell Little Green Machine. Worked good at removing the salt and food stains on the carpets.

Your post was actually what reminded me I needed to order some actually, thanks! And the Little Green Machine is exactly like the Spot-Bot I believe, just a different name. They also have the Little Green Pet Machine or something like that, but all 3 do the same thing I think.

imported_RaskyR1
03-09-2010, 12:01 PM
I usually use the APC+ at 10:1 on carpet.

Same here. I will bump t up to 4:1 if it`s really bad though.

Husker Z
03-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Same here. I will bump t up to 4:1 if it`s really bad though.

Great, I`ll start weaker and see how it does.

ZL1Mark
03-09-2010, 02:03 PM
Did you really saturate the carpets with APC, or just a few sprays then scrub?

Did you use APC or APC+ ?

imported_Indy YZF
03-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Just a light spray on all the carpet so it`s wet, not soaked, then heavy on the needed spots. Let sit for a minute, then scrubbed with a brush, reapplied to spots that needed it. Normally I`d hit just the trouble spots, but the carpets were covered in salt and various food items my 6 year old dropped (the floor mats move around alot). I used the bissell filled with hot water to spray the carpets and then suck up the APC, then my big shop vac to get them as dry as possible.

I used APC+, doesn`t get as foamy, I use it on almost every cleaning task (minus windows and clear plastics as it leaves a haze). I use Folex for carpets normally, but since I was out, I figured I`d use APC+, and it worked great.