PDA

View Full Version : Craftsman Wet/Dry Vac

CrobarCars
04-04-2004, 06:41 AM
Does anyone have any experience with this model?
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_SessionID=@@@@1241361505.1081078698@ @@@&BV_EngineID=cckladcldkjmkklcehgcemgdffmdflh.0&vertical=TOOL&tab=description&pid=00917037000&vertical=TOOL&com.broadvision.session.new=Yes

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&pid=00916994000

JimS
04-04-2004, 08:13 AM
The one I have looks very much like that one but I`m not sure of the model number.

Mine works great and the blower is a very nice plus. I like the low profile style as it`s much more stable and less likely to tip over. The blower is very easy to detach and does a great job on the leaves. No more raking....well ok..very little raking. :) I`m glad I got mine....no complaints.

I also got a long extension hose so I could leave the vac in one place and still be able to reach all of the truck. I put hooks in the ceiling of the garage and wrapped the hose up there leaving it hanging down over the vac. When I want to vac the truck or the garage floor I unwrap as much of the hose as I need. It`s much quicker and easier that pulling the whole thing, cord and all, clear across the garage.

89GTA
04-04-2004, 08:21 AM
JimS
what horsepower rating is yours? How does it do with extracting and I was wondering if the blower could be a good replacement for an air compressor to blow out side view mirrors and engines and such? Thanks for any info.

JimS
04-04-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by 89GTA
JimS
what horsepower rating is yours? How does it do with extracting and I was wondering if the blower could be a good replacement for an air compressor to blow out side view mirrors and engines and such? Thanks for any info.

I can`t remember what hp mine is but it`s no bigger than the first link you gave and that`s the only one in your post that I looked at.

I haven`t used it as an extractor...yet..and I sincerely hope that I don`t need to. Meaning, I don`t want my carpet that wet ever.

I just went back and looked at your original post and be careful about the accessory kit you`re considering. I don`t think the hose size of those accessorys will fit on the wet/dry vac you are considering.
The blower works great to help dry all the areas you mentioned. It really puts out some air.

rtbrick
04-04-2004, 09:05 AM
I have a 3.5 HP Craftsman wet/dry vac that I`ve had for few years and is great. I`ve only used it for vac`in my vehicles out.

GearHead_1
04-04-2004, 09:14 AM
I have a 6.5 H.P. Craftsman very similar to the one you`ve shown. Mine is a couple of years older. It is a very powerful vacuum. The blower works the way you would expect it too also. It is VERY loud however. I understand that you can purchase a muffler for them but have never gotten around to it.

andriver
04-04-2004, 09:19 AM
JimS is right. The accesories will not fit the wet/dry vac. Neverthess, I think they sell an adapter.

JimS
04-04-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by andriver
JimS is right. The accesories will not fit the wet/dry vac. Neverthess, I think they sell an adapter.

Using the smaller accessories with an adapter might crank up the vac power too....dontcha think?

mirrorfinishman
04-04-2004, 10:20 AM
Here`s the model that I use on a regular basis.

Craftsman 3 gal. Wet-Dry Vac, 3 hp with Blower Port
The lightweight 3 hp Car Vac features an attached shoulder strap and motor strong enough to pick up both water and debris. Sears item #00917768000 Mfr. model #17768
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&fromAuto=YES&bidsite=&pid=00917768000

CrobarCars
04-04-2004, 10:28 PM
Thank you for all your responses....Decision time....hmmmm......and aSpecial thanks for the heads up on the car tools fitting the Dry/Vac......

JimS
04-04-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by CrobarCars
Thank you for all your responses....Decision time....hmmmm......and aSpecial thanks for the heads up on the car tools fitting the Dry/Vac......

I DONE GOOD!

You`re very welcome. Enjoy the vac/blower. You won`t be sorry you got it.

Nickc0844
04-05-2004, 12:35 AM
Hey Crowbar,

I have been using that model for about a year and a half now and absolutely love it!! It has a ton of power, and the blower is superior on there. There is an optional handle attachment that is awesome, and the crevice kit is good too.

Good luck with yours!