PDA

View Full Version : Carrera Lug Nut Brush

Liquid2009
10-11-2001, 10:23 AM
Just wanted to say hi to all of you Autopia Forum members, I just joined your exellent community of car detailing enthusiasts!...

I`ve been going throught the forum for awhile and been getting some great information on detailing/washing/maintaining my car`s look.

Anyway, I wanted to pop a little question onto the forum about Meguiars and 3M... I recently found out who imports Meguiars and 3M up here in Iceland, and I`m very new to these produts, I`ve been using AutoGlym and Blue Coral forawhile, but I really want to go into more products simular to Meguiars and 3M...

Do you have any suggestions ( I know this has been posted on the board a few times ) on good products from them? i.e for washing, swirl removing, polishing, waxing etc.etc... since I see that you guys are very much into Zaino and Klasse products, but we don`t have them up here in the north ;)

Thanks in advance and nice to be a member of your forum!

imported_Kevin Brown
10-11-2001, 10:33 AM
This is definitely the most comprehensive detailing forum on the net. You got a question about detailing, everyone here will be glad to answer. I`d stick to 3M as the products they carry are very good. As you read on here, the Finesse and Perfect It products are very good. The Meguiars professional line is ok but I`d still stick will Klasse and Zaino. Welcome to the forum. :)

BradE
10-11-2001, 10:34 AM
3M makes some of the best abrasives for removing swirl marks and scratchs. Some of the forum favorites are 3M Swirl Mark Remover and 3M Finessit II Finishing Material.

Since you are able to get AutoGlym, I dont think I would switch from AutoGlym to Meguiars for protecting the paint. AutoGlym is a good product, much better than Meguiars IMO. I think the AutoGlym would hold up much better in the harsh conditions than the Meguiars would. But, if you must switch to Meguiars, try the #20 Poly Sealant.

But for washing, go with Meguiars. I would get Meguiars Gold Class Car Shampoo. It is a great wash, and you can get it a your local Target for $10/gallon.

Good Luck!!

Liquid2009
10-11-2001, 10:47 AM
Thanks guys!... i`m going to take a little ride up to the 3M dealership to check if they definetly have the Finnesse It and Swirl Mark remover...

p.s I have a dark dark Blue/Black 1997 C Class Mercedes Benz

really really hard to keep it in good condition due to the wet and snowy conditions up here ;)

dengelson
10-11-2001, 11:00 AM
Hey Reynir from one newbie to another, welcome! :) I just started working on black `94 Porsche. I was petrified of trying something that would make matters worse. I used the Finnesse It II for some light rub marks and then I used the SMR for Dark colors (there`s another product for Light colors) and I am pleased with the results from both. Since the SMR is gentler than the Finnesse It you should probably try that first.

Now I`m using the 3M Paste Wax (`http://www21.3m.com/dr/v2/ec_MAIN.Entry10?xid=28181&SP=10023&PN=1&V1=267759&DSP=&CUR=840&PGRP=0&CACHE_ID=0`). It`s hard to tell how good it will last at this point but it is easy to apply thin layers with and it smells like a Pina Colada cocktail. :cool:

mx5
10-11-2001, 11:29 AM
99ESMAX ,

I highly doubt the Zaino Bros could afford shipment to Iceland where he lives. :)

Liquid2009
10-11-2001, 11:32 AM
LOL! :p Most definetly not...

nerdhunters
10-11-2001, 12:18 PM
Welcome ! When it comes to detailing this is the place to be!

Bobby G
10-11-2001, 12:46 PM
Please send us pictures. I have many friends who were stationed in Keflevic and loved it.

DavidB

Liquid2009
10-11-2001, 03:51 PM
Well, went out today and looked around, sheesh, even the 3M importer/wholesale distributor doesn`t have the Finesse It II or the SMR!... couldn`t find it anywhere so I went for a Maguire`s pack..

bought the Swirl Mark Remover #9, Hi-Tech Car Wash #00 and the Gold Class Wax... for starters.

So i`m going to have a nice weekend if weather allows and see how they work! :)

p.s DavidB i`ll get you some pics as soon as i can! ;)

JasonC8301
10-11-2001, 05:28 PM
I am not a big fan of Meguiars Gold Class Wax. Sure it looked good for a week or two, but then the gloss dropped dramatically, almost to the point of nothing on the paint.

The Meguiars #9 will fill in the swirls because your hand will not generate enough heat for the abrasives to make an impact on the swirls. I think the bottle says something about using a rotary for best results.

The Meguiars #00 wash seems like a good product. One of 5 Meguiars washes I know of.

Give a e-mail to snake, at www.tacscar.com He should ship internationally.

Again, welcome to the forum,
Jason

imported_Bunky
02-27-2010, 11:45 AM
Has anyone use this? Is it durable?
Carrera Lug Nut Brush

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/classic-motoring_2094_6505823

maxepr1
02-27-2010, 01:22 PM
Works pretty good for some rims, but the foam is very soft and not very durable. As long as you dont press very hard it will last for awhile. As a daily use tool it probably won`t last long a all. My .$.02

Jack Kruer
02-27-2010, 03:54 PM
Bunky, glad you asked. I own all of our lug nut cleaning tools. The thing to remember is that all of the "cavities" for lug nuts are not the same size. On my car the Carrera (http://www.properautocare.com/calugnutbr.html) works flawlessly, the cavities are larger (1-1/2")than on my wifes car (1-1/8"). On her car it will not compress enough to get into the cavitiy properly. If I just force it in, I suppose the foam might tear, it is "foam" after all. I have owned mine for about eight months and use it almost every week. I am still on my original foam. If I have my choice I like to use the Carrera brush as I find it a bit easier to use, it is cheap and I can buy replacement foam elements for it. If your lug nut cavities are less than 1-3/8" in diameter, you might want to look at the "Lug Nut Brush" (http://www.properautocare.com/lugnutbrushes.html).

jk

imported_Bunky
02-27-2010, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the response Jack. My lug nut wells are about 1 5/8-in at the top and probably 1 1/2 at the bottom.