PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire wheel/tire gel cleaner??

Pages : [1] 2

mx5
10-10-2001, 01:18 PM
http://www.aas-detail.com/nowet/ (`http://www.aas-detail.com/nowet/`)

andrew43
10-10-2001, 01:22 PM
No thanks! :)

Scottwax
10-10-2001, 02:42 PM
Another version of Dry Wash? I`ll pass.

I do know of a `low water` wash that does work, called Protect All Quick and Easy Wash. Just add an ounce to 1 gallon of water and just wash and dry. I`ve been using it for more than 8 years and it is great. I can wash convertibles without having to raise the top, I can wash cars at apartments and offices without having to worry about spraying other cars and leaving behind a large mess. Best of all, I only have to carry around 4-5 gallons of water with me and at about $36 a gallon, I can wash around 200 cars.

www.protectall.com and follow the links to Quick and Easy Wash

TortoiseAWD
10-10-2001, 02:46 PM
Interesting . . . from the sounds of the description at the website, it`s a quick-detailer of sorts. However, did you check out the sprayer? They`re using one of those pump-it-up-yourself aerosol sprayers like what you might see sold for kitchen use (use vegetable oil to create your own "non-stick" spray like PAM). I`ve actually thought about trying one of those sprayers for QD before; now I`ll definitely have to give it a try.

YoSteve
10-10-2001, 04:41 PM
http://www.aas-detail.com/nowet/scutton.jpg

:eek: no way no how eek!

I wonder what the base is, it`s probably oil, but hey it might be the spray pam with a different label, I`d get butter flavored, yummy :D

I don`t want my QD more atomized, IMO.

(Klasse that car before I hurl)

truvette
10-10-2001, 06:04 PM
Scottwax,

The product you mentioned, Quick and Easy Wash, sounds interesting. Have you used it on a black vehicle and if so, what were the results?

ISLANDSBEST
10-11-2001, 02:02 AM
Wow. The product sounds totally scary!! Wiping dirt off with a cloth -- without first rinsing and without following that with lots of soapy water, without using rinse bucket, jeez.

However, I have long said that we should keep an open mind. So, I now have to take my own medicine:

Scottwax -- you have NO problems with black cars?

mx5
10-11-2001, 06:44 AM
It mentions it also has clay in it, so it would probably remove all of your wax.

Scottwax
10-11-2001, 11:17 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by darbh [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Wow. The product sounds totally scary!! Wiping dirt off with a cloth -- without first rinsing and without following that with lots of soapy water, without using rinse bucket, jeez.

However, I have long said that we should keep an open mind. So, I now have to take my own medicine:

Scottwax -- you have NO problems with black cars? [/b]</blockquote>
No, not ever. No scratches at all. Just make sure you rotate towels once they are dirty.

I`ve been using it for over 8 years, and probably 20% of the cars I do are black. You just do a section at a time, and I use two towels-one to wipe and one to dry. I can wash & dry the average sized car in about 15-20 minutes, including wheels and door/trunk jams. Even Suburbans only take about 30 minutes.

Obviously, if a car is caked in mud, you would have to rinse it first, and if the car has not been waxed in a long time, it takes longer to wash, and may leave streaks you have to go back over, but once I have waxed a car (and keep it waxed), Quick and Easy Wash is a breeze to use. Several of my customers have had my get some for them (you can also get it in 16 oz and 32 oz sizes, too) so they can keep their cars clean. It is great in the winter--you can wash your car in a nice, warm garage and very little water gets on the floor. You might have to rinse the pavement under the wheels if the wheels have heavy brake dust, but other than that, there is little mess left behind.

Glozz
10-12-2001, 10:29 PM
Tried it on my 1998 Volvo V70R Wagon a year ago, and it scratched the entire car! The sales rep I bought the product from was a creep. He always drove a MINT and I mean MINT condition Caddy to my house to sell me the product. I asked him if he used the stuff on his car as well and he said 100% of his car was washed using this stuff.

I caught him at the local QFC talking to someone about the wax he used on his car. He uses Blitz wax on his Caddy. Needless to say I don`t use that crap any more!

Scottwax
10-13-2001, 01:07 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by jazzyjack [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Tried it on my 1998 Volvo V70R Wagon a year ago, and it scratched the entire car! The sales rep I bought the product from was a creep. He always drove a MINT and I mean MINT condition Caddy to my house to sell me the product. I asked him if he used the stuff on his car as well and he said 100% of his car was washed using this stuff.

I caught him at the local QFC talking to someone about the wax he used on his car. He uses Blitz wax on his Caddy. Needless to say I don`t use that crap any more! [/b]</blockquote>

I knew a girl who was putting herself through college doing mobile details on the side using DryWash. I saw one of her flyers and gave her a call (always got to check the competition) and she complained she wasn`t getting a lot of calls, and DryWash takes a long time to use. Since I needed help at the time, she began to help me when she didn`t have any cars to do. Once she started using Quick and Easy Wash, she bought some herself and started using it to clean the cars. Eventually, she went to my Meguiars distributer and bought some Body Shop Pro and Mirror Glaze products and stopped using DryWash altogether.

imported_altez
09-13-2007, 09:49 PM
bump for old school. :>

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
09-13-2007, 09:59 PM
Holy old threads batman!!

here`s one that I fellow detaier I know uses and he raves about this stuff.

I have yet to try it myself

Wet Paint Automotive Polishing Glaze: cleans, polishes and protects vehicle surfaces. (http://www.wetpaintglaze.com/)

SVR
09-14-2007, 12:40 AM
Check the MSDS. it`s just kerosene.

SVR
09-14-2007, 12:43 AM
I`m a lover of the typical soapy water two bucket wash but for a daily driver that gets dusty to dirty, a quick water rinse and going over with a high quality waterless wash is useful at times

I`ve been after a foaming waterless product and preferably containing natural surfactants and I`ve tried no wet (rubbish), Freedom, Style Magic (blue water) and many others and FW1 and Freedom do the best job

FW1 has about half the foam as shaving cream and apparently has 16 lubricants plus wax and UV protectant. sure does clean well and even removes tar.

Freedom has the citrus ingredients plus a polymer sealant.