PDA

View Full Version : Kid-Friendly Leather Protection

PA rider
10-10-2001, 12:37 PM
What`s the best way of washing a microfiber towel?

BradE
10-10-2001, 12:39 PM
You can wash it by hand or in your washing machine. If you put it in your washing machine, only wash MF by themselves. Use a little Tide or whatever (not powder, liquid only) and don`t use any fabric softner.

99323ic
10-10-2001, 12:48 PM
Further, you can put them in the dryer using a lower heat setting (like knits) and do so until almost dry. Any longer and you`ll get static buildup. <strong class=`bbc`>DO NOT USE FABRIC SOFTENER SHEETS![/b]

Using a dryer makes them nice & fluffy versus line drying.

BTW, I use powder detergent, but disolve it in the washer before putting the towels in and then do a double wash, the second one without any detergent. I use a HOT wash and COLD rinse for both cycles.

andrew43
10-10-2001, 01:24 PM
Why go through the hassle? Are there any advantages to powder detergent (besides lower price and less waste) over liquid ones?

YoSteve
10-10-2001, 02:53 PM
I use Dawn right in my washer, (double rinse though)

DougNew
02-23-2010, 08:02 PM
Help a newcomer: how should I protect my leather seats with a minimum of chemicals?

For now, I`m avoiding Scotchguard and the like. Yes, yes, I know: in ten years, they`ll probably find Scotchguard is not only safe but good for your health. Until then, humor me in wanting to skip the spray cans.

Is leather conditioner sufficient? If so, any favorites?

If not, what else do I need to clean or protect the seats?

Old Pirate
02-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Help a newcomer: how should I protect my leather seats with a minimum of chemicals?

For now, I`m avoiding Scotchguard and the like. Yes, yes, I know: in ten years, they`ll probably find Scotchguard is not only safe but good for your health. Until then, humor me in wanting to skip the spray cans.

Is leather conditioner sufficient? If so, any favorites?

If not, what else do I need to clean or protect the seats?

Welcome to TID DougNew, our new Optimum Protectant Plus cleans, restores, and protects leather surfaces, vinyl surfaces, and moldings on your car and is the right one with that intention of using minimum amount of chemicals in it. I think Scotchguard has been around for over 25 years now.....

imported_Flash Gordon
02-23-2010, 10:25 PM
Hi Doug,

Its me again :out:

I`m a big fan of the Lexol Brand....Hyde Food is also an awesome leather conditioner :wizard:

DougNew
02-25-2010, 03:08 PM
Good tips - thanks!