PDA

View Full Version : FREE GIVEAWAY!!!!Optimum Car Care Products Come to ProperAutoCare! FREE GIVEAWAY!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

ssjt1
10-09-2001, 08:32 PM
I have a 96 Ford Explorer XLT. It is White. I have not waxed the explorer for about 4 or 5 months now. This weekend I will spend cleaning every little part of it. I dont have to money to spend on super high quality products or the time to drive to get them. I have a Walmart and a Autozone where I live. What wax is the best to buy at either place? What type of soap is best to wash it with, dish liquid soap or the car wash that you can buy in a bottle? Please help me!!!

Thanks

Jeff

BradE
10-09-2001, 08:46 PM
For car wash soap, dont use dishwashing liquid. I would get some Meguiars Gold Class Car Shampoo. You can get it at Target for $10/gallon.

For store bought wax, try Mothers Caranuba paste wax. It is pretty good, it gives a good shine and lasts about 3 weeks. Also Meguiars #20 Polymer Sealant is also available in most stores. It will last longer than most waxes, and also gives a good shine.

Good Luck!!

rstype
10-09-2001, 08:48 PM
It really depends on your standards.

If what you want is simply a shiny, protected finish, then try some liquid NuFinish (which I heard is less abrasive than the paste one.) Mother`s Step 3 is good, but doesn`t last as long and is for paint in good condition.

Honestly, I think it`s a better idea to try some "hi-end" internet products. A 16.9 oz jug of Klasse AIO ($21- can be used as a quick detailer, car-wash, sealant) and a pack of 3 Viper Towels ($12?) would give you much better results than any of the store bought stuff.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck and have fun!

imported_Intermezzo
10-10-2001, 12:30 AM
If by chance you feel as if your paint isn`t in the best of condition, then you might also want to consider getting a cleaner wax (like Zymol Cleaner Wax or Meguiar`s Cleaner Wax) in addition to the waxes mentioned above. I don`t know how good of a cleaning job they actually do, but I do know that it`s difficult to get a decent shine on your car if the surface has too many contaminants or stains.

Ideally you would want to clay the car before waxing, but it doesn`t sound like you want to do that. So just use the cleaner wax for your first coat, which should at least marginally improve surface smoothness. Then put on another coat of the "pure" waxes mentioned above.

Intermezzo

mx5
10-10-2001, 06:13 AM
Try the Turtle Wax Extreme Shine cleaner wax or the Turtle Wax Emerald Series. Someone posted on here that they saw a car that had the Emerald Series wax on it and it shined beautifully. As nearly as much as any high-end wax.

-waxing is passe, polymering is in

ALM
10-10-2001, 08:02 AM
If you shop in stores such as Wal-Mart your going to get what you pay for. Meguiar`s Gold Class or Zymol look great for about a week and then after that the looks and protection go downhill, after about three weeks to a month your back to where you started. Your best bet, if your going to shop in the stores is NuFinish, Meguiar`s #26, or Meguiar`s Poly Sealent. The polymer finish will outlast any wax on the market today (although Blitz wax will give it a run for its money!)

I`d highly reccomend looking into a bottle of Klasse All-in-one, because if you figure the shine and protection lasts about 6 months, and it takes an ounce or two to do a car, your looking at a few years of product that will be 10x better than anything you can buy in the stores.

touhy
10-10-2001, 08:47 AM
If you don`t wax regularly try the Turtle Wax Extreme wax. The liquid version is the easiest to use. It will last longer than Meguiars Cleaner Wax or the Zymol Cleaner Wax.

Old Pirate
02-23-2010, 12:16 PM
Classic Motoring has found another solution to help fight cabin fever. We are proud to announce that Classic Motoring Accessories, (aka properautocare.com) is teaming up with Optimum Polymer Technologies to bring you the Optimum Products (http://www.properautocare.com/optimum.html) line of car care products. Working closely with car manufacturers, paint manufacturers, and other OEM suppliers, OPT has developed one of the most advanced automotive detailing product lines in the industry. With the addition of a new line of products comes a chance to win some Optimum Products absolutely free. Contest entry is simple, post on Truth in Detailing (http://truthindetailing.com/Forum/showthread.php?p=31166#post31166) what your three favorite Optimum Products are and why you like them. If you have never tried any of the Optimum Products, post which three you would like to try and why. If you are not a member of Truth in Detailing, you can join here (http://truthindetailing.com/Forum/register.php). The contest will end on February 28th at 11:59 pm eastern standard time. Three winners will be chosen at random from all entries on March 1st and announced on TID. The three selected entries will receive the following:

1st Name Drawn ($100 Value)

Optimum Opti-Seal 8 oz.

Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel 32 oz.

Optimum Instant Detailer 32 oz.

Optimum No Rinse Wash 32 oz.

Optimum Polish II 8 oz.

Optimum Finish 8 oz.

2nd Name Drawn ($50 Value)

Optimum Opti-Seal 8 oz.

Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel 8 oz.

Optimum No Rinse Wash 8 oz.

Optimum Polish II 8 oz

3rd. Name Drawn ($32 Value)

Optimum Opti-Seal 8 oz.

Optimum No Rinse Wash 8 oz.

Get 15% off and FREE shipping of orders over $39, (Some items excluded, details here (http://www.properautocare.com/cupr.html)) PLUS to sweeten the deal get 20% off ALL Optimum Products through February 28th.

So what are you waiting for folks, Hot contest and Hot deals from your friends at ProperAutoCare!

bmw5541
02-23-2010, 12:36 PM
I started a new thread for this, but here it is. I happen to love the Optimum line. They make so many versitle products, so it is hard to choose just three.

Here they are:
1. ONR - The absolute best detailing product anywhere. There are so many uses for this product, so it really is a great value as well as a GREAT product.
2. Optimum Car Wash - Very concentrated, so a little goes a long way. The car wash produces great suds, and great lubricity, so the dirt slides of your car. Also, it will not strip off the wax.
3. Optimum Finish Polish - This polish has a very long work time, does not dust and leaves an unbelievable gloss to your finish.

I have also used Opti-Seal and like it very much. It couldn`t be easier to use. I would also love to try Opti-Bond Tire Gel, and Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer.

Pleeeeeese pick me:thumbup::hurray:

Old Pirate
02-23-2010, 12:49 PM
You post for the contest by clicking on the Blue Color Truth in Detailing in the OP section..............:wizard:

grungy
02-23-2010, 01:00 PM
1. ONR - just as said above, great product although I have only used it once (snowing here in Austin area).
Have not used other Optimum products, but based on the choices, I`d like to try Opti-Seal and Opti-Coat as they have been recommended by other top detailers who use this product line.

jrt81
02-23-2010, 01:00 PM
Angelo, do I have to repost under this thread to join the contest?

Raoul

Okay, I think I did click on the blue TID, to get to Barry`s thread.
Is that how it works?

Anyhow, here are my top 3 Optimum Products:

1) ONR = Easy to use, I can even wash in the garage in the middle of the day

2) Opti-seal = Very easy to apply, a truly WOWA product, especially if you`re applying on a minivan

3) Optimum Car Wax = another very good product, IME, it adds warmth & glow to the Opti-seal`s gloss.

Raoul

Old Pirate
02-23-2010, 01:03 PM
Your OK jrt81, no need to post again.

jrt81
02-23-2010, 01:08 PM
Sorry, we`ve crossed postings.

Thanks Angelo.

Raoul

Leadfootluke
02-23-2010, 01:11 PM
Hmm, this sucks [and is wonderful]

I asked if you were going to carry OPT and Todd said you would not. I went to another vendor and bought 1 gallon of ONR the next week. Now you are selling OPT and I could have 1) saved money, and 2) spent it with PAC.

I guess I can`t complain, but it does kinda sting. Same reason I answered no to OPT in the thread.

I`m sorry but we will not be carrying Optimum in the foreseeable future. I love some Optimum products, you guys love them, so we would love to carry them, but sometimes logistics get in the way. So as much as I hate to not have them, we are working on some VERY interesting stuff.