PDA

View Full Version : Is there any hope for these wheels?

Pages : [1] 2

Bluedog
10-09-2001, 12:36 AM
just curious on what the zaino users prefer to use. the site recommend using bath towels when buffing or removing haze is needed. but would using microfiber towels like Magic towel or Miracle towel be a good idea too? which would probably be better when using zaino products?

fhmac
10-09-2001, 07:16 AM
Works great. Z leaves very little residue.

Brad B
10-09-2001, 07:42 AM
I actually use both. For tighter spots and touch ups I use Microfiber. For broader areas I use my favorite ancient and very soft cotton beach towels.

mx5
10-09-2001, 07:44 AM
Somebody once told me they used old underwear to buff their cars. :)

Brad B
10-09-2001, 07:51 AM
Ohhhh. That would scare me. For more than one reason.:eek:

Cybercowboy
10-09-2001, 08:35 AM
Cotton towel (I use Fieldcrest Charismas) for the main removal, with MT`s as a tight-spot helper. Then, you just got to try this. Right after you remove Z2 or Z5, take a clean ultra-suede MT and gently buff the paint using the same motions that you applied it with and removed it with (you should use the same motions, IMO.)

Never do this after the car has had a chance to get some dust on it as the ultra-suede towel could scratch in those conditions.

Follow this up with Z6 several hours later at the earliest. I like to put on Z2 with this method, then leave the car in the garage overnight (or cover it if you don`t have a garage.) Then Z6 with a slightly damp MT or cotton towel the next day. Don`t Z6 right after removal because the polymer crosslinking process may be interrupted. The Z6 will remove any stray Z2 or Z5 and bring out the best possible shine.

I also do a light Z6 after washing and before a new coat of Z. This removes any water spots that may have sneaked on the car (especially from door handle and mirror drippage...)

You need to try the ultra-suede polishing technique - it works!

Bluedog
10-09-2001, 10:46 AM
thanks for the clarification. so ill use the MT for the more minor touchups after i remove most of the stuff with a fine towel like the fieldcrests.

but im still uncertain of one thing. im about to buy these towels online but im not sure if i really need bath towel sizes. zaino`s site suggest to use this big of a size without really saying why. since u guys have used zaino before, does it leave that much residue on that u really need to flip to a fresh side that often? meaning u actually do need a big bath towel and not somthing smaller like a wash towel or face towel?

Brad B
10-09-2001, 10:52 AM
I would get the smaller towels. Zaino leaves very little residue.

imported_akimel
10-09-2001, 01:45 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Ng Luder [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>thanks for the clarification. so ill use the MT for the more minor touchups after i remove most of the stuff with a fine towel like the fieldcrests.

but im still uncertain of one thing. im about to buy these towels online but im not sure if i really need bath towel sizes. zaino`s site suggest to use this big of a size without really saying why. since u guys have used zaino before, does it leave that much residue on that u really need to flip to a fresh side that often? meaning u actually do need a big bath towel and not somthing smaller like a wash towel or face towel? [/b]</blockquote>
The reason he suggests big towels is they can be flipped/folded as you buff the car assuring a clean dry area. This is important, especially when using the Z6. I use the Charisma bath towels cut in half and serged around the edges from a Zaino Distributor in TN. It`s my personal experience that the big towels have a tendecy to unfold while your buffing and rub the ground on the lower panels. So I like them cut in half.

Nice car Cowboy!

Bluedog
10-09-2001, 02:06 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by bmore11 [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>

The reason he suggests big towels is they can be flipped/folded as you buff the car assuring a clean dry area. This is important, especially when using the Z6. I use the Charisma bath towels cut in half and serged around the edges from a Zaino Distributor in TN. It`s my personal experience that the big towels have a tendecy to unfold while your buffing and rub the ground on the lower panels. So I like them cut in half.

Nice car Cowboy! [/b]</blockquote>
i c, i ve also had experiences with just normal sized towels having a tendoncy to unfold and move around. which is why im not too fond of using a huge bath towel to buff unless ur pressing really hard against the paint which we all know isnt a good idea.

well the sizes are:

Bath towels: 30" x 52"
Hand towels: 18" x 32"
Wash cloth: 13" x 13"

since uve had good experience with just using half of the bath towel, i guess ill be safe with just a hand towel uncut then. im pretty sure thats large enough to always keep a nice dry clean surface used on the paint.

Glozz
10-09-2001, 04:05 PM
Now that my daughter is learning to use the toilet, I`ve used her very high quality "Chinese cotton" diapers for buffing off Zaino. I ONLY use them after washing the car and then for removing a coat of applied Zaino.

One small diaper can do an entire side of removing residue. I agree with Brad, small is not bad and there is no danger of dragging the towel on the floor and picking up dirt and grim that way!

ISLANDSBEST
10-09-2001, 04:11 PM
Note that Fieldcrest makes <em class=`bbc`>two[/i] grades of Charisma towels: the regular Charisma and the Charisma Select. I talked with the company and they told me that the select doesn`t just offer nicer designs (which we would not care about). They said that the construction is better, softer, more plush.

I bought a Select last week. A little under $30 retail!! ($14 for seconds on their outlet site on the net, but the Select seconds were out of stock). Its is VERY nice towel. I will give a use report, later.

I also bought another $$$$$ towel, a Canning Vale, made for and exclusively in Macy`s. Unfortunately, I do not know where to get Canning seconds. I am conducting a comparison.

Lemonxxs
10-09-2001, 05:07 PM
Soft cotton towel to remove and MT to buff and for the tight spots.

I guess everyone already said this huh.

OH well.

Maverick0840
02-21-2010, 04:12 PM
I think the previous owner washed them with a brillo pad. Any ideas? :cursing:

http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab172/maverick208402/DSC03434.jpg

http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab172/maverick208402/DSC03436.jpg

http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab172/maverick208402/DSC03435.jpg

imported_Luster
02-21-2010, 04:15 PM
If they are painted/clearcoated, you can treat them just like car paint. Orange pad with 105, then white pad with 205 should do the trick.

Use the 4" pads to get into tight areas. It will take some time because the working area is small.