PDA

View Full Version : Polishes

offcenter
10-08-2001, 07:02 PM
Since I just finished Klasse-ing my ride and was so impressed with the product, I started searching the web for other similar products. Is Finish First the same product marketed to a different audience? Is Toughguard just a concentrated acrylic version? All three make similar claims, since it will take me a looooong time to finish my Klasse twins, I don `t think I will ever get to try the other products.

FastHappy
10-08-2001, 07:26 PM
klasse aio and finish first are similar in there function as both clean, polish and protect. they are different in their makeup. i have never used toughgaurd so i`m not sure about its results. finish first is a good product and is priced nicely. i prefer klasse but that is just my personal preference.

i could send you a sample of some finish first if you want to try it out just for kicks to see what it`ll do. just send me an e-mail tacscar1@home.com (``).

offcenter
10-08-2001, 07:36 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by snake [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>klasse aio and finish first are similar in there function as both clean, polish and protect. they are different in their makeup. i have never used toughgaurd so i`m not sure about its results. finish first is a good product and is priced nicely. i prefer klasse but that is just my personal preference.

i could send you a sample of some finish first if you want to try it out just for kicks to see what it`ll do. just send me an e-mail tacscar1@home.com (``). [/b]</blockquote>
Tim, is that you? I got my Klasse from (you)Tacscar. Great stuff, the Klasse twins will last me quite a long time, no need to send the Finish First, thanks anyway. BTW, is Liquid Glass the same as FF? There seems to be alot of me-too acrylics out there. So many products, so little time to try them all...:eek:

FastHappy
10-08-2001, 09:37 PM
yes it`s me, i`ve never tried liquid glass but from what i understand they are very similar products. i have also noticed a lot of teflon products popping up on various sites.

you`re right, you`d have to have a wharehouse to store all of the stuff if you tested them all. plus you`d need about 50 cars. i have tested a bunch of products but i pretty much just stick to a handful of my personal favorites.

imported_firebird
02-20-2010, 11:28 AM
I use Blackfire Wet Diamond for the LSP. I have used Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish and love how it works with Wet Diamond. However; I wanted a bit more cut so I have Menzerna PO106FA to use before the BF Gloss Enhancing Polish. Does that sound ok? These cars are all mine and paint is in good condition.:huh:

imported_wfedwar
02-20-2010, 02:18 PM
Sounds good to me.

bmw5541
02-20-2010, 07:40 PM
It really depends on how much cut you are looking for. PO106FA is a finishing polish that has some cut to it, so it will absolutely have more cut then the BF Gloss Enhancing Polish. The BF Gloss Enhancing Polish is a paint cleaner to get the paint ready for the LSP. If you want a bit more cut, try Meg`s M205.

imported_Termigator
02-20-2010, 08:00 PM
PO106FA finishes down just fine for me. IMO, you can just skip the enhancing polish and go immediately to your LSP .

imported_glfahlc
02-20-2010, 08:31 PM
wet diamond leaves paint so beautiful after jeweling with 106fa that i`m not sure gloss enhancing polish makes a diff... just my .02