PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang vs Pinnacle Products? Does anyone recommend either?

Pages : [1] 2 3

fishboy
10-08-2001, 12:34 PM
Or how often do you do it? As far as keeping things the same, do you use the same product on each pad. I actually labelled them to make sure I use the same product.

On other notes, do you think meguiars body/paint scrub is worth it for knocking out bird doodie and bug stuff. Or should I just go for the mild abrasiveness in 3M SMR(39009)!!

Thanks

JTS

Lemonxxs
10-08-2001, 12:48 PM
Hand wash after each use and then store in labeled Ziploc baggies. I use dishsoap or tide to clean with and rinse real well. Like real well!

I then make sure I use the same app. for the same product again. When they get worn out I then use them for tires.

I would not label them with ink pens because the item you put on the app. may draw the inks out and smear on your paint and who knows what will happen then. Sharpies have some funny things in them.

fishboy
10-08-2001, 01:07 PM
I marked a tiny spot on the edge that doesnt touch the paint...

Any help w/ the bird and bug cleaners? I want to use something that will knock out three in one(bird, swirls and bugs...)

Thanks

Lemonxxs
10-08-2001, 01:21 PM
Shotgun for birds. lol

There are many products for swirls do a search and see which you think will work for you. Start with least abrasive and work your way to abrasive until you get the results you desire.

Bug spray for bugs! lol

Brad B
10-08-2001, 01:34 PM
I machine wash mine after use. I have a second washing machine that is dedicated to my car stuff. That way my wife doesn`t panic over the dirty rags being in the same machine as her stuff.

Lemonxxs
10-08-2001, 01:39 PM
Hey Brad Tell me you have a fridge in the Sanctuary full of Heinekens. I believe that would cap it off.

debaser330ci
10-08-2001, 10:03 PM
i wash em after every use, though i`m thinking of just throwing the foamies away and getting new ones.

today i used what i thought was my z2 applicator, and i had a tough time getting the zaino off my car. i think i might have accidentally used a washed lexol applicator for the z2, which might explain why it was so streaky. might have also had something to do with the 53 degree weather.

Cybercowboy
10-08-2001, 11:35 PM
Wash them with your towels and you will be fine. Ok, I`m joking.

I have found that Zaino applicators that were used with Z2 or Z5 can be washed. I wash them together with my "nasty white hand towels", in the same washer as my wife washes her unmentionables. I try to time it this way. Unmentionables, applicators.

I do not wash any applicators that have touched wheels or tires. They get hand washed once or twice or more until gross, then tossed.

Hope this helps.

imported_hotchamp07
02-17-2010, 08:31 PM
planning on detailing my car and think Im going to buy one of two kits with Porter Cable 7424xp. Wolfgang or Pinnacle..... What do you guys suggest? Here is the link to both of them.

Wolfgang Kit
Kit Includes:
Porter Cable 7424XP Polisher
Porter Cable 7424XP Wrench
Porter Cable 7424XP Counter Weight
Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0
Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant
1 CCS 6.5 inch Orange Light Cutting Pad
1 CCS 6.5 inch White Polishing Pad
1 CCS 6.5 inch Blue Finessing Pad
2 Microfiber Towels
5" Flex Backing Plate
Wolfgang Instructional DVD

Pinnacle Kit
Kit includes:
Porter Cable 7424XP Polisher
Porter Cable 7424XP Wrench
Porter Cable 7424XP Counter Weight
16 oz. Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish
16 oz. Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover
16 oz. Pinnacle Liquid Souveran? Wax
16 oz. Pinnacle Crystal Mist Carnauba Detail Spray
6.5 Inch CCS Orange Light Cutting Pad
6.5 Inch CCS White Polishing Pad
6.5 Inch CCS Blue Finessing Pad
5 Inch Flexible Backing Plate
2 Cobra Indigo Edgeless Microfiber Polishing Cloths

Or should I even buy these kits? :screwy:

Price is 289 for both of them.... what have you guys had a good experience?
:thumbup:

PIC oF MY CAR Enjoy
http://i39.tinypic.com/2mrtkzn.jpg

imported_hotchamp07
02-17-2010, 08:34 PM
Someone mentioned these two other kits.....
anyone used these kits also??

Here are two kits I would recommend.

Porter Cable 7424XP Variable Speed Polisher
1 - Backing plate for PC (5 inch)
1 - Menzerna Power Gloss Compound (Compounding)
1 - Menzerna Power Finish PO203(Polish)
1 - Menzerna Super Finish PO106FA(Final Polish)
1 - Uber Orange Foam Pad 5.5 inch
1 - Uber Green Foam Pad 5.5 inch
1 - Uber Blue Foam Pad 5.5 inch
1 - Uber Black Foam Pad 5.5 inch
8 - Uber All Purpose MF Towels

or

1 - Porter Cable 7424XP Variable Speed Polisher
1 - Backing plate for PC (5 inch)
1 - Einszett Extra (Med Polish)
1 - Einszett Paint (Polish)
1 - Einszett Metallic Polish/Wax (1 step polish/wax)
1 - Einszett Glanz (for your last step (wax/sealant)
1 - Uber Orange Foam Pad 5.5 inch
1 - Uber Green Foam Pad 5.5 inch
1 - Uber Blue Foam Pad 5.5 inch
1 - Uber Black Foam Pad 5.5 inch
8 - Uber All Purpose MF Towels

The person who told me about them said that the 6.5 pads are to big and would be hard to work with, but i honestly havent heard about these products.... Any advice would be appreciated.

Old Pirate
02-17-2010, 08:56 PM
Welcome to TID hotchamp07, We value new members but one thing we do no value is links to other vendors that do not support us per forum rules, so can you please remove the links there? ( Thank you very much ). To answer your question IMO those kits are might be on the weak side in removing any defects in the your paint ( VW ). The right kit is by Kevin Brown and he has put his stamp of approval on these kits that will remove those nasty defects and bring your ride to a much higher plateau. Take a look here and your very welcome to call me at ProperAutoCare during the day at 800-628-7596....Angelo

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t158/zoomzoommazda5/classic-motoring_2090_46386386.gif (http://properautocare.com/kbmkbrmekitw2.html) http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t158/zoomzoommazda5/classic-motoring_2084_57004676-1.gif (http://properautocare.com/kbmkbrmekitw3.html)

Any questions please be free to ask.

Old Pirate
02-17-2010, 09:04 PM
Also don`t forget Free Shipping for order`s over 39 bucks in the lower 48 till next Tuesday.

imported_hotchamp07
02-17-2010, 11:13 PM
how do I remove the link? sorry im new but thanks for the advice. Ive seen some work done with 105 and 205 from meguires and it was amazing. are those the kits that you are offering?
If they are... is the 205 like a sealant or glaze or im assuming I would still have to applie some type of wax/sealant/glaze right?

imported_hotchamp07
02-17-2010, 11:21 PM
Also, would you be able to customize kits? Just curious....

overtimedetail
02-18-2010, 12:05 AM
I say you do more research 1st about detailing your ride. but start with PC and the 105&205 combo. I believe you`re jetta has a hard clearcoat, which require somthing like the MEG 105&205. and I shop around too, but currently Properautocare.com is your best bet. good luck with your purchase. I luv mk4s.