PDA

View Full Version : Presta Polish

Preachers Sheets
10-08-2001, 08:32 AM
I need a new quater panel because of a small crack and some scuff marks on the inside of the well. Like where the qauter panel bends into he wheel well. I KNOW they are not going to match it. It`s one of the better shops here in MA but I don`t know if they can do this the correct way. I sure do hope so I really enjoy that car.

All of this after a 16 hour, two day Klasse session, wonderful eh?

corvettez
10-08-2001, 10:18 AM
Good luck with having the paint matched correctly, what color is the car? Where are you having it done at? Looks like you`ll have a reason to have another Klasse session.

Preachers Sheets
10-08-2001, 02:14 PM
The color is candy apple red. It`s a 1999 Camaro SS.

I am having my car done at a body shop which deals directly with just about the largest auto dealers of MA.

vaboom123
02-17-2010, 04:53 AM
Hey guys,

I just got some of these polishing products from my girlfriends dad to try. He been a body guy for over 30 years and just switched over from 3m products. Any reviews would be great and correct methods of use would be excellent too. Also, do I have to use presta pads with these polishes for the best outcome?

Thanks,

Zach

gmblack3
02-17-2010, 10:11 AM
I used presta 1500 for a while a few years ago.

It does fill a little with wool and seemed like more with foam. I used it with the green wool as a middle polishing step.

The strada 1000 aka rocks in a bottle or liquid sandpaper is a very heavy cut that I used at times with black wool. Very heavy cut and be careful with that combo.

The 3M extra cut compound 06060 is a much better compound IMO.

Megs M105 has them all beat IMO.

vaboom123
02-17-2010, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the reply. Does this product dust a ton also?