PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum or Aluminium (if your British) Polish

Pages : [1] 2

mx5
10-04-2001, 12:30 PM
Anyone have a scratchless way of removing snow off a vehicle in the winter. I doubt there is a way because of all the dirt that gets trapped under the snow.

BradE
10-04-2001, 12:33 PM
I have a way, its called a garage. :p ;)

mx5
10-04-2001, 12:37 PM
Many times I am at work and we get 2-10 inches of snow. I found a previous post and some people say they just drive away and let the snow blow off. Has anyone driven behind someone who is too lazy to remove the snow and it is blowing all over and you can`t see in front of you? Very dangerous and an easy way to get a ticket. I will probably try the sno brum product.

I think I will move to Nevada or Arizona next year.

BradE
10-04-2001, 12:41 PM
I know what you mean about blowing snow off peoples cars. I hate when there is ice under it and it comes off in chunks on the expressway. Talk about scratch city! Some of the Big Rig`s on the expressway are really bad, they have so much snow blowing off the top of them sometimes it looks like a white out.

YoSteve
10-04-2001, 04:39 PM
wake up early, run to your car start it up and put it on a medium windshield setting, go inside and have some breakfast :) (ooh, remote starters work well also)

FastHappy
10-04-2001, 04:52 PM
i know how not to remove it. my dad used a snow shovel to remove it off of my mom`s new avalon a few winters ago and all i can say is mom was not happy and when momma`s not happy aint nobody happy, hehehe. dad of course denied it.

i usually just take my arm and push off the top layer and then let the remainder blow off. luckily we only have a couple of snows that are bad enough to cover the car with a lot of snow.

man i hate the thought of snow, what a depressing thought:(

Lemonxxs
10-04-2001, 05:09 PM
Now that pic is the first time I have seen snow in like 20 years!

No more snow pics please. Make me feel cold when it is 83 today.

YoSteve
10-04-2001, 05:16 PM
haha, a couple! MB, you`re no longer allowed to post in any winter threads ;)

In my town, we get over 100 inches a year, last year it was like 120. It is hard to keep my car clean, and I`m dreading it. The worse thing is when you pass a cinder truck and you get pummuled by all the cinders at high speed (never swore so much in my life ;))

FastHappy
10-04-2001, 05:25 PM
guess my name, that picture was posted specially for you;)

yo, 120"!!!! getting snow off your car is only part of the problem, finding it is the other:D . you ever think about moving south?

imported_RIC
10-04-2001, 05:30 PM
While this may not be the best (or easiest) way to remove snow this is what I do:

Wrap a large 100% cotton bath towel around a broom and gently push or pull the snow off being careful to watch that the towel does not come off. If the towel does come off make sure it is between the broom bristles and your paint finish before proceeding again.

The only scratchless method is to keep your vehicle garaged.

Rob_K
10-04-2001, 05:49 PM
In Toronto, it is actually illegal to drive with a large amount of snow on your hood, roof etc. It poses a safety hazard to vehicles behind you and can be fined if caught.

I actually saw a car last winter covered in snow including the windshield with only peep holes to see driving down the road. Stay away at all costs!

If it snows at work where I park outside, I use a snow brush but only clear off the top layer leaving about a 1/4 inch thus not touching the paint. The heat from the car and engine melt the rest as I warm up and drive.

There is no need to remove every last flake unless you are going to apply Klasse next :D

drmcetta
10-05-2001, 09:11 AM
I posted this a while ago
I use SNO BRUM for the last couple winters, it has worked great and didn`t scratch my finish as far as I can tell
I know it may not 100 % safe, but it`s much softer than the regular plastic edge tools

here`s one of the link I found on the web:

http://www.brucemedical.com/aa9675.html (`http://www.brucemedical.com/aa9675.html`)

mx5
10-05-2001, 09:22 AM
The sno brum with its foam head just sounds like one of those sponge mops you use to wax the floor. It sounds like a good product but I think a sponge mop would be cheaper.

YoSteve
10-05-2001, 09:39 AM
See we jinxed ourselves. Its supposed to snow this weekend now. haha, maybe I`ll buy a chenielle on a stick and use that.

mx5
10-05-2001, 11:18 AM
A high of 48 up here Sunday in Metro Detroit. :(