PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Malaysia

Pages : [1] 2

khomdrom
10-02-2001, 10:20 AM
Has anyone ever tried Car Lack 68 polish?

They burn fire one the paint which has been protected by Car Lack 68 on their demo. It was quite impressive. If anyone has tried it, please share your opinion about its quality. Does it really protect and make car paint more shiny?

Does its protection last long?

Thank you very much

Ron Ketcham
10-02-2001, 10:27 AM
That trick has been around longer than some of my shorts.

They are using lighter fluid, not gasoline!

You can do the same with any polymer based sealant.

Just don`t try it using gasoline, you`ll burn the clear.

Lighter fluid and white gas burns differently than regular gas.

Just another marketing whiz-bang group out to make a buck.

:down

khomdrom
10-02-2001, 10:50 AM
Well, maybe it was a trick. But does Car Lack 68 make the paint shiny? Does its protection last long?

BradE
10-02-2001, 11:11 AM
Stick with quality sealants like Klasse or Zaino. Stay away from anything sold on T.V.

picorrect
10-02-2001, 12:07 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by leon [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>But does Car Lack 68 make the paint shiny?[/b]</blockquote>
So does Vegetable oil, but I wouldn`t put it on my car. :D

khomdrom
10-02-2001, 06:52 PM
I did not see their demo on TV.

It contains acryl and polythene..sometin..

I want to use Klasse if there are any in my country. Order by e-mail is too expensive.

Well i guess, i should buy autoglym resin polish instead. :)

FastHappy
10-02-2001, 08:07 PM
hey leon, just do like i do and buy it and see for yourself. i try different stuff all the time just to see what it`s all about. i`ve been surprised at how well some things work and very disappointed by others.

i have not heard of this stuff your talking about but i have seen the car on fire thing done on one of those infomercials. i have wondered, who has fires on their hood? and if they do maybe their wax is the least of their problems.;)

BradE
10-02-2001, 08:27 PM
leon,

Are you in the U.K.? Autoglym is a good product. I have not tried it myself, but I know people who have and they have been pleased with the results.

khomdrom
10-03-2001, 10:27 AM
I live in Indonesia, South East Asia. There are seller here who sell Autoglym Super REsin Polish and Extra Gloss Protection. But they are quite expensive. Maybe i`ll but Car Lack 68 and Extra Gloss Protection from Autoglym. I`ll try to combine them,btw car lack 68 has website www.car-lack68.com, but not much information there.

Just wondering, if i am not wrong, Klasse does contain acrylic, right?

BradE
10-03-2001, 10:34 AM
Yes Klasse contains acrylic. The reason I asked about the U.K is because that is where Autoglym is produced, I think. :)

Lowejackson
10-03-2001, 01:51 PM
Autoglym is produced in the UK. From my experiments I have found that using Autoglym and then adding Blitz wax works well (for me) I know have about 8 layers of Blitz, on the good sides of my car (very long story) the depth of the shine is excellent.

I have not been able to compare Autoglym with Klasse or Zaino, but these products are used by the likes of Rolls Royce, Astin Martin and is heavily used by the trade exhibitions for motor shows, so it can not be all that bad.

The trick seems to be the technique, which I am still learning. The advantage of Klasse etc is you can get a lot of help from experienced users on this forum.

In a few weeks I intend to write a product review once I have seen how some of the products last through the cold wet conditions (ie tyre cleaners).

Steven

Alfa 164

Autoglym & Blitz

drmcetta
10-03-2001, 02:00 PM
hey Leon, I`m from Indonesia too *look at my nickname*...but I`m in the US right now...

do you have any email address that I can contact?

I don`t want to divert the detailing conversation here ;)

seech
02-04-2010, 06:53 PM
Hi from Malaysia. Followed my friend KC to TID.

Was wondering where everyone went.... :)

Cheers,
seech

Old Pirate
02-04-2010, 07:00 PM
Hello and Welcome to TID seech, enjoy the club...............:wizard:

imported_Flash Gordon
02-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Hi from Malaysia. Followed my friend KC to TID.

Was wondering where everyone went.... :)

Cheers,
seech

Welcome to Truth In Detailing seech. Everyone is here now. Hope to se you around :wizard:

P.S. I`m heading for the chat room, come on in and kill and hour or 3 :o