PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED: Menzerna/Lake Country Polish Range Charts

Pages : [1] 2 3

JonB
10-01-2001, 03:18 PM
I just got the Water Bandit from Kleanride. It comes in a nice plastic storage bin and is slightly damp. I am curious as to how it is best used. I suppose it can be used like a towel...folded up and swipe the water off. Or perhaps more like a chamois where you lay it flat and pull it across the surface. Which is correct? I have been using the Cal blade successfully with no scratches, but this seems like it will be even better especially on the curves.

H

rmccall6
10-01-2001, 03:40 PM
When i kept it slightly moist in the conatiner, i got mold spotys all over the towel, so now i just keep it out an the open. Becomes hard and brittle, just run it under some worm water and its back to its flexible self, and no more mold. As for as using it, i like to drag it across the surface, but if you`re really anal, just lay it across the surface, and i always follow up with a MF towel

Lemonxxs
10-01-2001, 03:49 PM
Does the Bandit like to be washed like others?

I have an old absorber that is hanging in there and I throw it in the wash once in a while. I then wring it out and rinse it a few times and then store back in it`s container.

Also if all I do is QD my truck that week I will remove the Absorber and just re-rinse a few more times to kind of change the water so to speak.

Once a year I clean the storage container out.

How thick is the Bandit?

Blackmirror
10-01-2001, 04:39 PM
What is the Water bandit? is it like the Absorber?

BradE
10-01-2001, 04:47 PM
The Water Bandit is a synthetic drying towel like an Absorber. Many like the Bandit better than the Absorber. You can get Water Bandits from Dale at www.Kleanride.com

pingiii
10-01-2001, 06:16 PM
I really like the Bandit. Make sure it is completely wet. Presoak if you feel like it. I just wet mine when I start my wash, and rewet it as I wash my vehicle.

For flat surfaces, I lay it flat and grab the two corners closest to me and pull off the water. I ring throughly, and wipe down the rest of the standing droplets. Most times I find that will do the trick, but if it`s cold out, I might have to follow up with a MF towel to finish the job. You can use a 100% cotton towel in place of the MF towel. For the sides of my vehicle, I just hold it in my hand like a towel.

I recently got black from the exhaust pipe on my Bandit. I wash it with a small amount of Tide free, and put cotton towels in with it. I used the delicate cycle. It came out clean and fine.

Like others, I found that you can`t store it in the original container while wet. It does get mouldy, and smells terrible. I just air dry mine and then store in my garage on a old clothes hangar held up by 2 clothes pins. I did make the mistake of trying to fold it dry onetime, (a senior moment), and it cracked the edge of the towel. So once it`s dry don`t try and stuff in in the container.

For a guy who always used a chamios, (since retired), I really recommend the Bandit. Let us know your technique when you adopt one. Enjoy!

Blackmirror
10-01-2001, 09:12 PM
ok i`ll give it a try

Koyaanisqatsi
10-01-2001, 10:18 PM
I`m curious about the bandit. I currently have a P21S that I have been very happy with. When I wipe the car it leaves almost no water left on the surface. I mean next to nothing. I found that the absorber left much larger water spots on the surface. How does the bandit stack up? Thanks

ihetenyi
10-02-2001, 06:10 AM
still needs a follow up with a MT to get a surface completely dry and spot free. It does a much much better job at absorbing the water than the water sprite I used previously and it leaves very little moisture behind.

Also, I keep mine damp in the little plastic sleeve it came in and have had no problems with mold spots.

Steve

Don2000g
10-02-2001, 07:11 AM
Koyaanisqatsi, if you`re having much success with the P21, then I wouldn`t worry about trying the Water Bandit then. The Water Bandit is an excellent drying towel, but it does necessitate the use of a microfiber towel or small cotton towel to pick up little droplets of water.

As for storing it, I keep it wet in the container. No problems what soever and that`s because I keep it stored in the trunk of my car most of the time. No mold at all. Laters.

Koyaanisqatsi
10-02-2001, 11:04 PM
Thanks Don, I think I`ll be ordering another P21. The one I have has been used every week for a year and is getting a little tired. Thanks

Cybercowboy
10-02-2001, 11:14 PM
I just hand my wife an Absorber, and I grab one also. Then I order her around. She doesn`t mind because she is cool. This is really how I dry my cars. I also use a Viper MF to get the dribs and drabs...

Seriously. This is how I dry cars now.

Lemonxxs
10-02-2001, 11:54 PM
How did you train your wife to dry for you? Was it technique or bribery?

:D

Cybercowboy
10-03-2001, 12:00 AM
Unequivacoly I can state ... money.

imported_Intermezzo
10-03-2001, 01:58 PM
Spode: :D

I use the P21S also. Actually, I go back and forth between a large bath towel and the P21S, depending on my mood. I find that I can dry a little bit quicker with the bath towel, but I get zero lint with the P21 and have a little more confidence that I`m not swirling the paint. The only downside with the P21 is the size (wish it were larger) and it also really grabs onto the car and I wonder if it`s affecting my wax/sealant.