PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Pages : [1] 2

cahlroach
09-28-2001, 12:50 PM
Since Zaino seems to be impervious to just about everything, except alcohol, what do you guys use to clean applicators? I would seem that normal liquid detergents wouldn`t do the job.

DETAILKING
09-28-2001, 12:59 PM
if you clean them before the product dries on them. Do it by hand with some warm water and liquid tide detergent.

TortoiseAWD
09-28-2001, 01:31 PM
Any ideas what to try if the product has dried? I let a couple of foam applicators go without cleaning, and would like to get the dried crud off. Alcohol?

Lemonxxs
09-28-2001, 01:36 PM
Try the garbage can it will remove anything normally twice a week.

If it has dried they are toast. Use them as fire starters or somehting else but they should not be used on your car again!

Later!

DETAILKING
09-28-2001, 02:02 PM
I have re used applicators that have not been washed and have dried zaino on them. I dampen them, and then rub the cotton together to soften up the surface..........

Glozz
09-28-2001, 04:23 PM
I use foam applicators and toss them into the washer on warm/warm setting twice. This removes all the product.

As for cotton applicators, I just use them once and toss them out. They are cheap and easy to get a hold of. I air on the side of caution in regards to applicator pads...

Don2000g
09-29-2001, 10:40 AM
I really like to use foam for applying the Zaino products. As others have mentioned earlier, they are a breeze to wash either by hand or in the machine. You can use them a few times before you toss them out. Laters.

imported_Adamah
09-29-2001, 10:58 AM
how are you liking the Zaino so far?

ISLANDSBEST
09-29-2001, 07:02 PM
The new Dawn does a number on the applicators. Highly effective. I wash by hand with Dawn; or do a pre-wash with Dawn, the into the machine.

Don2000g
09-29-2001, 07:39 PM
Adamah, thanks for asking. Well so far, I`m pleased. I`ve mentioned this earlier but Zaino preserves the original color of your car much more so than the Klasses SG. I love the way a few coats of Klasse looks on my car. The problem is that it turns my silver-grey car into a true grey. I wanted to try something different and the Zaino seems to be working quite nicely. My car is a very nice color and it shines very nicely. I would highly recommend Zaino for a silver or white car. As for smoothness or slickness, I think Zaino is a bit better. Part of this is a result of my recent claying though. So this is difficult to gauge right now. But so far so good.

Some problems though. I`ve noticed that a few spots on my car are not smooth at all. I`ve tried many things and have asked a few regulars here via personal email. Two have told me that they`ve gotten similar results. I`ll probably follow Brad B`s advice and reclay those areas again and do the initial Z-1 and Z-2 coat again. The frustrating thing is that I was very careful in the initial Z-1 and Z-2 combo. I know for sure that I could not have missed those spots. I even applied it thicker than most Zaino users do.

All things considered, it works quite well on my silver color.

imported_Adamah
09-29-2001, 08:05 PM
Don, now and then I get minor scratches and stains since my vehicle happens to be a truck and not exactly babied. When this happens I usually clay, Perfect-It 3 MG then PCL until I`m satisfied then redo the Z1 and Z5. This usually takes care of the problem. If I can be of any help just let me know.

Don2000g
09-30-2001, 02:32 AM
That`s certainly very kind of you. I must admit that I forgot to mention following the clay with some Finesse It 2 or Perfect It 3. Hopefully this takes care of it. As it is now, those areas are squeaky clean and not smooth at all. Laters.

BillM
01-25-2010, 06:42 PM
Hi

My name is Bill, i`m not new to detailing but I still have a lot to learn :notworthy: I`ve heard there is some real good info here so I thought I`d check it out.

Bill

hopsgt500
01-25-2010, 06:46 PM
Hi Bill, welcome to TID. :thumbup:

imported_Luster
01-25-2010, 06:53 PM
You`re in the right place! Welcome to TID!:Dancing Dot: