PDA

View Full Version : I`ve been violated!!

Pages : [1] 2

Blackmirror
09-28-2001, 09:34 AM
I`ve read about these products and cant wait to try them out.

is the sealant glaze a synthetic or carnuba wax?

mx5
09-28-2001, 09:45 AM
SG is a polymer(acrylic) and not a wax. So I guess you could say it is synthetic. You will be very pleased with the results of SG.

imported_ONEFASTCL600
09-28-2001, 10:16 AM
Just did the AIO and SG treatment to my Tahoe last weekend, I am confident you will love the look. Also, alot of guys on this board seem to like to layer a carnuba wax over the SG......I dont do it simply because of time constraints, but if you have the time, I would give it a try....I guess its a insider trick from car shows....

boywonder
09-28-2001, 10:19 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Blackmirror [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>I`ve read about these products and cant wait to try them out.

is the sealant glaze a synthetic or carnuba wax? [/b]</blockquote>
The sealant glaze is a polymer and can be considered as synthetic.

nerdhunters
09-28-2001, 10:28 AM
Multiple layers of SG looks great ! Wait 24 hours or so between layers, you`ll love the rsults.

rockymountaindetail
01-23-2010, 09:54 AM
So I got a coupon in the mail from the local Nissan dealership for 1/2 off an oil change. Things are tight here so I figured I`d give them a shot. I took my Titan down and I waited for it and everyone was very nice and professional. Of course they tried to sell me the $800 service package, but that`s their job so no foul there.

It`s been snowing on and off here for a few days with the weather scheduled to not clear til Monday so my truck was pretty chalky and dirty and I was planning to clean it up after the storms went through. Anyway, after I paid they told me my vehicle was out front. I walked out there and something looked different. Holy crap! they had washed my truck! No one said it was included or they were gonna throw it in. I ran over to it and gave it a thorough once around. Fortunately there were no new scratches or anything to really worry about. Glad I had all those coats of BFWD on there! So all in all it wasn`t a disaster but I thought how funny it was. Most people would have been thrilled at a free car wash. But for me it caused panic. When I got home I looked it over again. It`s OK but I just feel so "dirty" and violated. All I could imagine was that teenager rubbing his dirty rag all over my baby. I think a long hot shower for me and the truck both is in order!!!

imported_gewb
01-23-2010, 10:16 AM
Been there, had that done to me, along with a couple other extras.

My Hyundai dealership, which is good and I`m pleased with their work, does the same PLUS they top off window wiper fluid and adjust the tire pressure - also without notifying the customer.

I`m very particular about tire pressure - I don`t run at "factory setting" as the front needs 2 lbs more than the back for best handling and I match settings to less than a quarter pound right to left.

During the warmer months I use washer fluid that can not be diluted with the "blue stuff" (if diluted it must be drained and flushed).

The first time I had them service my car the service manager proudly told me they had performed these additional services free of charge. While I was fuming to myself, I told know the dealership was just trying to keep me as a customer. I mustered all the diplomacy I could and explained why I don`t want those services - he added those notes into my computer record for future reference. But I still remind them whenever I take my car in.

Regards,
GEWB

imported_Luster
01-23-2010, 11:00 AM
It`s OK but I just feel so "dirty" and violated. All I could imagine was that teenager rubbing his dirty rag all over my baby. I think a long hot shower for me and the truck both is in order!!!

I hate it when that happens! Did you call the rape crisis hotline?

bmw5541
01-23-2010, 11:06 AM
I hate it when that happens! Did you call the rape crisis hotline?

LMAO:D

Funny though. The guys at the BMW dealership know how I am about my car. The last time I brought my car in for a service, it was just after a bad snow storm, and the car was covered in crap, and when I went to pick up my car, it was just as dirty as it was when I dropped it off. I was happy, but surprised.

staro0989
01-23-2010, 06:53 PM
LOL I know the feeling. That`s why I stand near the garage opening watching them work on my car and they know I`m there. It leaves me at ease knowing my car is being taken care of the way I want it too (In this case not being washed).

Puckman
01-23-2010, 07:31 PM
I even have a laminated PLEASE DO NOT WASH sign I attach to my steering wheel whenever I bring my car in for service. This is after I tell the Service Advisor to make sure they don`t wash it. My dealer has been excellent with complying.

It`s the surprise of an oil change place that you probably wouldn`t expect to wash it that throws you a change up.

rockymountaindetail
01-23-2010, 07:37 PM
I even have a laminated PLEASE DO NOT WASH sign I attach to my steering wheel whenever I bring my car in for service.

I`ll be doing that next time for sure! Thanks for the idea

Puckman
01-23-2010, 07:53 PM
It works only because my SA leaves it in place and the next guy they hand it off to can`t miss it either.

A funny story about my dealer is when I ordered my car I told the dealer several times to not even hose it down when it arrives. DO NOT wash or God forbid "detail" my brand new BMW! It killed the sales guy every time I spoke to him however I was insistent. When it arrived and they called to say I could come in to pick it up it was absolutely filthy from the transit. PERFECT. I guess they`ve gotten used to me from day one!

imported_TLMitchell
01-23-2010, 08:21 PM
All I could imagine was that teenager rubbing his dirty rag all over my baby.

I saw a hair-raising wash job at a BMW dealership when I was looking for some Gummi Pledge years ago. The kid was using a stiff bristle push broom dipped into a quagmire of filty, sudsy swill that`d been used on every other car that day... or week. :banghead:

I usually make sure my vehicles are pristine when they go in for service just so it`s obvious that I`m particular... so much so that some guys are leery of even touching it. Pisses me off when I`m described as "fussy". There`s a difference between being particular and detail oriented and your run-of-the-mill fussy customer. I don`t want the guy that`s 6`11" driving my stuff either. I want the seat and steering wheel in the same position I left them.

The service writers have a list of guys that aren`t even allowed to walk by my vehicles. These include the guy with the huge, western belt buckle and the guy with the metal snaps all over the front of his coveralls as well as the guy whose fender cover is dirtier and grittier on the soft side than the top.

TL

imported_gewb
01-23-2010, 09:29 PM
... include the guy with the huge, western belt buckle and the guy with the metal snaps all over the front of his coveralls as well as the guy whose fender cover is dirtier and grittier on the soft side than the top.

I KNOW those guys! They have a shop in the Denver area - they used to be in Toledo, Ohio if I recall (Larry, Curley and Moe).

Regards,
GEWB