PDA

View Full Version : Versa Angle Tire Brush

boywonder
09-27-2001, 04:10 PM
Purchased from: AutoZone; Blue Island, IL

Cost: $1.99/applicator

I needed a foam applicator to apply SMR and PI II but could not find any of the cheap yellow ones. The only ones I could find were the Viking HD applicators.

- Very easy to grip. They have a contour similar to a buffer which makes for easy gripping and less likelihood of losing control of it as one would with a regular foam pad.

- Size: They are a decent sized pad which means more coverage of material.

Dislikes:

- Cost. Remember, these are $2/pad.

Personally, I would recommend getting these pads for applying SMR, most polishes/cleaners, and PI II because of how easy it is to control the pad and the fact they can cover a decent sized area with no problem. Even with guys that have big hands like I do, these pads work very well. Like the cheaper pads, they do not scratch or leave swirls in the paint.

I have not tried them with the Klasse twins yet, but give me time. :D

imported_Ronin
09-27-2001, 04:26 PM
do you get out of your foam applicators?

boywonder
09-28-2001, 10:17 AM
Thanks for reminding me, I have to rinse my new pads out. as well as the others.

They should last at least a few months with normal use.

imported_Blackfire
01-21-2010, 05:00 PM
I received my box of good stuff today along with the Versa Angle Tire Brush.

I`ll be using it this weekend and will be doing a product review afterward.

Thanks PAC for the quick and FREE delivery!

See y`all soon.

Old Pirate
01-21-2010, 07:04 PM
That is a great brush there Blackfire, Loads of Meguiar`s fans love it!

bigpoppa
01-21-2010, 07:25 PM
I`ve been using mine for almost 4 years now, and it still performs like it did when it was new. Probably the most durable detailing tool I have.

imported_Blackfire
01-22-2010, 04:13 PM
It`s time to rate the Versa Angle Tire Brush.

Pros

1. Rigid handle allows brute force when scrubbing dirty tires. Does not bend or flex.
2. Large size gives ample surface to palm it. I prefer to scrub tires with two hands. One on the handle, one bearing down on the bristles.
3. Closely arranged bristles do a thorough job of scrubbing.
4. Cleans easily. I sprayed mine after each tire, then for a final cleaning, I sprayed with APC+ formula used on tires, rinsed and hung to dry. It also has a generous hanging hole at end of handle.
5. Did a thorough job of cleaning the sidewall grooves, lettering and along the wheel bead.

Overall rating is excellent. I won`t be using another tire brush.

Con

It`s larger size prevents any cleaning along the bottom of tire where it meets the road. I had to move the vehicle to expose that area for scrubbing. Easy to do, except I hate to enter my vehicle with wet, sloppy shoes. Yes, I know, my wife told me I need help. :wink:

Thanks for the recommendations!

Next step: Endurance High Gloss